[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I doomed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm 20 years old and I'm still living with my parents. They want to leave to Texas because my mom can't stand Chicago's weather.

She decided to leave as soon as possible, which is next month and she told me and my older brother the following options.

A.) We go with her, get jobs and pay rent while living under the same house as them.

B.) Me and my older brother both get jobs, we stay here and find our own apartment while I go to school.

Now, I'd be ok with A.) If it wasn't for the fact that I still wanna go to school and my GPA IS shit. I won't get any financial aid if my GPA is too low, so I need at least a year to fix it.

However I don't have that much time. My older brother thinks that I can still go to school and have a job at the same time.

My first and previous year I fucked up my classes really bad, and I couldn't keep up with school work and my job at the same time. My GPA at the moment is 1.00. Is literally trash.

I recently just got interested in computer science and right now I'm even watching a couple of free courses online about it. I just learned about binary and threads. I really wanna make an effort in school now.

Although I fear that working and studying at the same time will mess me up. And the most important thing is, how will I pay for my school? I wouldn't mind paying out of pocket, but try and put up with rent at the same time? I don't know if that's even possible.

I don't know what to do, I need some guidance. Can I pull through with this and hold out for 4 years while I try and get my bachelor's?

As gay and beta as this sounds, I've never been this scared of the future. I'm gonna be on my own now, and I'm afraid that I'll just end up being a poor sap with no education with no shot to a decent future.

Any advice or personal experience? Anything I should consider doing?
>>
>>17370397
Texas weather isnt great. It pretty much never gets cold til around mid January. During the spring its a good idea to wear shorts and bring an umbrella because it will rain and then get hot af.

I need a tldr on the other stuff.
>>
>>17370416
>GPA IS shit so I can't get any financial aid.
>If I go to Texas with them, I'll be stuck at a dead end job because I'll be living there with no money for education.
>I could stay here, get an apartment with big bro while I work. However that means I have to work and study. Not to mention how will I pay my studies without any financial aid If I'm paying for rent?
>>
>>17370450
So you applied with fafsa and they told you "no cause your grades are shit"?
>>
>>17370465
Basically
>>
>>17370524
Ever think about the military?
>>
>>17370397
hey dont feel bad about your gpa shit happens. you just have to learn how to cope efficiently and effectively with laziness or being busy. i recommend looking at the rules between disability and financial aid. like i know if someone has a low gpa and they have disability such as adhd then they get full financial aid regardless of amount of credits.
>>
>>17370397
Have you considered the cost of transferring to a uni in Texas and living with your parents rather than on campus? How does that compare with the cost of uni and living in Chicago?
>>
>>17370794
I have, and desu I don't have the balls. I have many friends that are infantry, and I have strong respect for the military. But I don't have the balls to go through with it.
>>17370808
I never knew you could do that. Don't they have to test you? And thanks man, words like that reassure me. Right now I'm just smoking a package trying to chill out. But thank you, I'll have to work on it.
>>17370854
I'm not living on campus, I'm living with them. It'd be a lot cheaper to live with them. But I also still want to attend my school.
>>
You know you can take time off from school, right?
>>
>>17370922
Yeah I know but I have this weird feeling that people are judging me and consider me a failure if I'm not actively trying to improve my life
>>
>>17370936
What's more important: impressing people, or making your situation work? And by the way, no one cares if you take some time off if you have a good explanation. I have friends who took time off for reasons like mental health and a family member being sick and later passing away. No one judges them or considers them failures. Taking time off for money reasons and to sort out your life is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
>>
>>17370397
Ever thought about doing a trade like computers or welding etc
>>
File: 4X8HjTp.gif (267KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
4X8HjTp.gif
267KB, 500x314px
>>17370947
No you're absolutely right, but sometimes I feel like a loser for not being ahead in life, or not being on top of my shit. Or even be decided on what I really wanna study.
>>
>>17371049
If you don't know what you want to study, that's even more reason to take time off. Don't waste your money studying something you hate
>>
>>17370397
>as gay and beta as this sounds
what's gay about it?
>>
>>17371052
Yeah you're right man. I really need to think this. It means a lot
>>17371061
I don't know, I'm insecure as tits. Not being on top of this makes me feel like I'm useless and retarded
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.