[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long does it take to learn how to drive? Im being a lazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1468804331169.png (351KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468804331169.png
351KB, 678x960px
how long does it take to learn how to drive? Im being a lazy bum and havent gotten my license yet. What's the estimated time that I'd have to invest in to drive. The reading, testing, and hands on experience put together.
>>
Watch someone else drive, learn the road signs, spend an hour on the road and an hour parking in different ways. Good job, you can now drive at a basic level.
>>
>>17370486

If you live in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere perhaps.
>>
>>17370504
Yeah, I guess a small city of 400k people is bum fuck no where
>>
>>17370386
I had a similar problem OP, but instead of being lazy, I was scared. It's not that hard though.

I'm assuming you're still living with your parents , so perhaps have them teach you a little bit, show you the basic functions of a car. If you didn't know already, cars with automatic transmissions are easy to drive, so hopefully you can learn on one of those. Do your best and be patient, and practice in parking lots or on small roads at times when traffic is lighter.

I learned about basic road signs, proper posture, and other driving basics in high school in a mandatory driver's ed class. If, for whatever reason, there's nothing like that available, the internet is your friend, just look up everything. Hell, you can probably find pdfs of drivers ed textbooks.

I took my permit test early on, during the class. The permit test will ask you to identify different road signs and what they mean, what to do at a certain type of intersection, etc. Not that hard, but you'll probably fail the first time. Everyone I knew studied for it, but only passed on their second try. I did too. You can only miss 1 or 2 questions on the test, but it's no big deal.

After that, if I remember correctly, you might have to wait a little before you can take your driver's test, but once you can, go for it.

Obviously you have to continue practicing whenever you can during this process before taking your driver's license test, but when you feel confident, go ahead. Just remember your permit expires after 2 or 3 years, so don't put it off. Drivers's license tests are usually offered by your local DMV or, like in my case, your school.

IF AT THIS POINT, you are still not confident or scared, DO NOT TAKE YOUR TEST WITH THE DMV OR YOUR SCHOOL. They will automatically assume you're completely ready for your license and will be strict on you, and you'll probably fail. Instead, do what I did, and take extra lessons from another third party instructor. (1/2)
>>
File: Model_T.jpg (222KB, 1280x819px) Image search: [Google]
Model_T.jpg
222KB, 1280x819px
>>17370968
There has to someone who offers driving lessons or tests besides the school and DMV. Look around or google for them, call them up, and schedule a time to meet 2 or 3 times a week, depending on the instructor. If you explain they can usually give you extra lessons and continue to teach you how drive. Of course, this costs money, so don't fuck around.

I did this because driving scared the hell out of me, and my parents weren't good teachers, but my instructor taught everything I needed to know, and after a week, driving was second nature. You're almost certainly going to learn on an automatic, but they might offer instruction on manual too (probably not though). In any case, you probably just want to learn to do it, and nothing more, so it's fine. In fact, a lot of trainer cars used by instructors use cars with an extra set of pedals shotgun, where your instructor will sit, allowing him to stop you when you do something wrong or if you're in danger.

When you're finally ready, take the test with your instructor, he'll give you a form, and your license will arrive in a week or 2.

When it comes to your first car, if you're super into driving or whatever, try to get something small, easy to handle, and in automatic. I drive a 2003 Corolla LE for example. you can find a car like this anywhere for cheap. A Honda Fit for example would be good. Try to avoid large cars (Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc). Their size can make them difficult for some new drivers.

You can learn manual later if you want, like I am right now.

Sorry for the blogpost, but I really wish someone told me all of this when I was getting my driver's license. (2/2)
>>
>>17371015
>Fucking grammatical errors.
Hopefully you understand.
>>
The whole prosses takes less than a month. It depends on you.
>>
>>17371015
>If you're not super into driving...

Sorry.

>>17371056
This, it is super easy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.