[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my boyfriend???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: pinterest25d6ee18a5.jpg (75KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
pinterest25d6ee18a5.jpg
75KB, 500x703px
I'm tired of my boyfriend calling me a "roastwhore" whenever he is angry at me for being too busy. He's a sweet boy, and writes poems about me (even though he tries to copy Ezra Pound and James Joyce). He has threatened to break up with me numerous times such as when he saw me reading books by Harold Bloom, Herman Melville, and Nathaniel Hawthorne, telling me to get "real taste" and to read Ulysses (which I have). Whenever I try to kiss him he'll pucker his lips and start sucking on mine, then he'll run around the room screaming "AAAAAAA!".
It's really getting out of hand.
I told him that he needs to act normal, man up, and stop acting like a child. Then he started to cry and told me that Schopenhauer was right.
I comforted him the whole night although he told me "stop touching me, witch" but cried even more whenever I stopped.
I'm considering reading some Freud and applying what he says to my boyfriend but I really don't know.
Everything is just so confusing but I love him too much and I'm worried he'll be (even more) out of control if I left him.
Please help me /adv/ :\

Our sex is normal, he'll play Bob Dylan time to time during it. I don't mind too much...
>>
>>17370109
Awh, babby got his first girlfriend.
>>
>>17370109
Depends what Bob Dylan album.
>>
>>17370127
Blonde on Blonde. I mentioned The Tempest by Shakespeare and he told me that the only good Tempest was the Bob Dylan Album...He ended playing that album the night after.
>>
(OP here)
Bumping because I really do need help on how to handle him. :\
>>
make him undergo psychoanalysis
>>
>>17370151
I want to but it's very expensive. He's always stealing my money to buy new copies of Finnegan's wake. :( He recently stole around 250 dollars from me to buy Women and Men
>>
>>17370162
wow reminds me of the four meetings story by henry james (:
>>
>>17370162
Jesus Christ just dump the man. He's a child and doesn't seem to care about what you want or what to you feel when he does what HE wants. And this is coming from a guy. I usually side with the guy in these type of situations because most women are usually fucking retarded but I got to side with the woman this time holy shit.
>>
>>17370109

Erm...

Unless you're both 14.

Is this a real person? Like... is this topic not a troll topic?

Because if not... you're boyfriend may have mental issues and may need to seek professional help and get on some medication.

P.S.
There is absolutely NOTHING you can do to change your significant other.

This is probably the absolute MOST repeated piece of advice when it comes to interpersonal relationships (not even romantic ones, but familial, platonic, whatever, just when humans deal with humans in general), and that's because it's true.

One human being can NEVER force another human being to change towards healthy results (You technically CAN force someone change , but... only a broken, dysfunctional, and negative way...)

This guy needs professional help, and he needs to want to change for himself.

You need to take care of yourself, and probably need to find your own pathway because it doesn't sound like you're strong enough to handle his crazy without getting damaged by it--which will hurt you in future relationships (no offence meant by this, very few people are ).
>>
>>17370109
Cant fix crazy. Run away. Fast.
>>
File: 1459707997116.jpg (6KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459707997116.jpg
6KB, 209x200px
>>17370109

lame.
>>
>>17370182

>I usually side with the guy in these type of situations because most women are usually fucking retarded

Yeah, and I'm sure you're a real intellectual adonis.
>>
>>17370162
>>17370138

how do you cope with that emotional wreck Jesus. I respect you for that because I have issues on my own and my partner is not so supportive about it even though we have a child. I almost feel that he has some sort of schizophrenia so you really should go to a shrink with him. Keep holding on until you have no more to give, and perhaps things will get better for both of you for fighting alongside him.
As I said... respect OP
peace
>>
>>17370194
I'm 18 and he's 16. Haha...
He's not trying to hurt me, so I'm looking into trying to get him some help.
>>
>>17370109
Lost cause. Drop him and move onto somebody more mature who's hormones aren't driving them insane.
>>
>>17370260
>I'm 18 and he's 16. Haha...

Then he's being a dumb ass 16 year old, and I guess it's his prerogative to be so. It's not an excuse, but he has OTHER things wreaking havoc on his emotions other than just his own childishness, so it's dumb of you to expect anything else. He needs to LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY grow up.

Date someone more mentally/physically mature if you want someone mature.
>>
>>17370278
I only date boys younger than me.. He acts younger than his age though and it concerns me. I feel it would be selfish to leave him... and I'm Kantian so I can't leave him
>>
>>17370109
You don't

/thread
>>
>>17370310

No, you can't leave him because you're (to quote my husband who pointed me here) "fucking stupid".

If he's stealing from you, lying to you, and trying to emotionally manipulate you (really manipulate, not playful teasing) fuck him. Leave him, and let him sink or swim on his own. A good dose of reality is the only thing to make a guy like that stop being a fuckup.
>>
is /lit/ raiding /adv/ with this???
>>
File: be7.jpg (27KB, 480x349px) Image search: [Google]
be7.jpg
27KB, 480x349px
>>17370109
This thread is just... awful.
>>
>>17370109
>I'm tired of my boyfriend calling me a "roastwhore" whenever he is angry at me for being too busy.
>He's a sweet boy
No, he is not.

I'm sorry, OP, but you caught yourself a guy who isn't ready for relationships. The best thing you can do is let him go. He's got some growing up to do yet, and he needs to do it alone.
>>
Tell him he's a book snob and only reads shit that a professor would find interesting. You literally listed every over rated author they tell you to read in college. James Joyce is alright but is still a polished turd compared to the source material. Leave this poser
>>
You don't, you dump his ass right away. Holy fuck anon, why the fuck would you want to be with someone like that?
>>
This is a joke, right?

Either way, you obviously dump him. Don't even feel bad about it. You can find someone muuuuch better, no problem
>>
>>17370133
Your boyfriend is great. Keep him
>>
>>17370162
Why is he so obsessed with James Joyce?
>>
>>17370613
That's what I'm trying to do

>>17370657
He thinks he's the greatest prose writer.
>>
File: 1452931240303.jpg (482KB, 1000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
1452931240303.jpg
482KB, 1000x1926px
>>17370109
i found your post amusing , thanks but i cant believe any of that is real.
>>
File: 1468896454558.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468896454558.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>17370162
Okay this is bait
>>
>>17370109
idk what kind of answer youre expecting. this isnt troll or improv, this is just stupid.
>>
Hahaha Bob Dylan.
>>
>>17370109
Sounds like you got a manchild on your hands. Truth be told Id recommend leave him. He sounds infantile and immature with a hint of unstable mental health. Get out and find a real partner and not a manchild imbecile. You sound like a good woman but you need a partner who is more mature mentally.
>>
>>How do I fix my boyfriend???
By leaving him.

No, really. There is nothing else you can do. This is a classic case of someone who isn't ready for this, but has somehow gotten into one anyway. You're his enabler, and I understand that you don't mean to be, but your status as his girlfriend is holding him back. That isn't your fault: it would be the same if anyone else were his girlfriend. But the changes he needs to make can only be done alone, not just in the sense that he needs to do it by himself (though that's true too), but in the sense that he needs to be single in order to do it. He will not do it as long as he has a girlfriend/mommy.

I wish there were another way. But there isn't. You've hooked a small fry, and the only thing to do is throw him back so he can grow.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1368x1213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1368x1213px
Your boyfriend sounds even more retarded than I am, holy shit congratulations we found a new Autismo Supreme. Let him down easy and find someone else. He's absolutely mindfucked.
>>
>>17370109
>copying Joyce poems
That's just cringy.
>>
File: 1468200589502.jpg (21KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1468200589502.jpg
21KB, 248x189px
>>17370109
>I'm tired of my boyfriend calling me a "roastwhore"
>>
>>17370109
This is a nice pasta. It is fresh and delicious.
>>
>>17370109
Yo, just break up with him. You're going to look back on this relationship and wonder what the fuck you were thinking.

You do not HAVE to be in a relationship.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.