[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing Weight Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Nurse_Mercy.jpg (89KB, 680x1183px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse_Mercy.jpg
89KB, 680x1183px
So I know the general rule is 500 less than your daily expenditure, but if i go from being sedentary all day to jogging and wright lifting 5-6 days should I factor that in?

I've exercised before so this is doable for me. Was just irregular my senior year of uni until I eventually just sat on my ass in my free time.
>>
yes. because exercise doesnt actually burn that many calories. evolution has made it hard to lose weight cuz it was pretty hard to put it on.

on average you only burn 105 calories when running a mile. assuming you do that, you still got 400 calories to account for. thats the cardio, the one supposedly good for burning calories. lifting weights doesnt burn much at all.

some advice for cutting calories
>get a food scale

this helps immensely. you think a bananas 105 calories but i can be a lot more or a lot less. its great.

>replace one meal a day with veggies

not hard, yeah? take your least favorite meal, breakfast or lunch, then replace it with veggies. you still get your two favorite meals later, but you can enjoy larger meals because you had a simple 100 calories of veg earlier

>low carb

bread and noodles and such are a horrible source of calories without adding that much to flavor. cut em out and you can add more of things like meat and sauces that actually contribute to flavor.

i also hear using squash is a great replacement. just google 'low carb replacements' for more information on recipes.

>take one day a week and just eat veggies.

jsut eat veggies / fruit one day a week. it can cut you from say 1500 to 1000 calories for the day, and helps balance out the other days where youknow you probably went a little far over.

>only drink water

. drinks dont make you feel full and really all they have going is flavor. drink only water to reserve calories for actual food.

>hershey syrup

to beat sweet cravings i just do a banana with a tablespoon of hershey syrup. its only 50 calories and gets that chocolate flavor so it helps. and one tablespoon is way more than a banana needs.

>dont be afraid to check for calories on foods.

i avoided ketchup for a long time cuz i figured it had too many calories.

its only 15 calories per tablespoon. thats it. one tablespoon is enough to cover a burger. especially if you take off the buns
>>
Either you factor that in and continue to lose 1lb/week (TDEE - 500 = -1lb/week) or you don't factor that in and lose the weight even faster. 1000cal under TDEE is the recommended lowest ( -2lb/week), but you can go below that for a little bit.
>>
It's very simple, allow me to use myself as an example.

My daily maintenance is 2500 calories, without doing anything. If I wanted to lose weight, I'd eat 2000 calories.

If I started to exercise, I would burn more calories, so my maintenance would then be 3000 as an example. I would then need to eat 2500 to have my maintenance minus 500.

Understand?
>>
>>17367512
This is some good stuff about the veggies, thanks. Once I move out around the end of summer this will be a lot easier since our kitchen is under a bit of a dictatorship.

I didn't know food scales (for calories) were a thing. I'll probably invest in one.

>>17367522
See this is what I was thinking. I've gained a lot of weight the past year so I'm thinking I can lose a lot at first then adjust as I get into the groove of things.

>>17367571
Yeah I get it. But I've gotten way overweight so shouldn't it be fine to cut my self short in the short run?
>>
>>17367578

>dictaorship wont let me eat veggies.

anyone hwo says you arent allowed to eat JUST vegetables is a cunt and need sto be put in their place. you are moving out anyways so put them in their place. i dont care if tihs is ur parent, this isnt about weight its about health.

and fuck its not like they are supervising breakfast or lunch.

food scales are very real and way easier to get a gague of calorie sfor things like fruits and meats.
>>
>>17367584
Believe me I've been their. It's just that I can either save up and move out in a month or eat healthy and move out later.

It's my parents and they eat a ton of fatty foods. It's home cooked and delicious, but horrible for anyone trying to lose weight.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with my home situation at the moment.

I'm thinking I'll follow the idea of substituting meals with veggies since one meal a day won't cost me to much.
>>
>>17367593

>or eat healthy and move out later

this is the dumbest fucking shit i have ever heard, what kidn of backwards tumblrville do you come from?

i live in the third most expensive city in the entire fucking country, and vegetables are not expensive you dumb fuck.

it costs 2 dollars for 5 POUNDS OF CARROTS. each only 25 calories.

it costs 19 CENTS PER BANANA.

the most expensive thing i buy is ground beef at 3 dollars a pound.

shut ur fucking mouth unless its to put some veggies in there.
>>
>>17367595
Maybe I misworded it.

I said I meant that I'm going to buy veggies and fruits and use that to substitute the heavier foods in the house.

I don't own a car and I'm going to work in another city so I can't go all out buying blenders and that sort of stuff. Wasn't referring go the veggies or anything like that.
>>
>>17367636

>buying blenders

if ur able to do your fruit and veggie substistutions then what the fuck else do you need to eat healthy? what the fuck does the blender do?
>>
>>17367649
Well once things get settled at this new place I plan to be autistically fit. Protein shakes, vitamins and all that shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.