[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad bad period pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cat5.jpg (112KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
cat5.jpg
112KB, 1200x810px
Okay, so I posted earlier about really bad period pain and asked if any femanons knew what to do to make it better, since in my case Aleve and Advil actually make it worse. It got progressively worse throughout the day, I went to the ER and got morphine and hydrocodones for it, and they ultrasounded me, checked my blood, looked at piss test..... found nothing abnormal. Going to a billion doctors when the clinics open on Monday. So I guess I'll just ask my old question: Femanons, what kind of things help you with menstrual cramps?
>>
>>17364786
>Ibuprofen makes it worse

Jesus Christ. Well what I do is I use a heating pad on my lower back while I lie down.

Maybe you have ovarian cysts or endometriosis.
>>
>>17364786
Heating pad and drinking warm liquids help me. Avoid caffeine it makes them worse. And excersise or at least getting up and moving around as much as it sucks at first really help. I'm in more pain when I lay down, even though it makes me wanna lay down more cause I'm in so much pain but moving around does make them more tolerable
>>
I use a hot pack on my lower stomach/upper pussy area
>>
>>17364816
Thanks for the heads up on caffeine, I did not know that
>>
>>17364816
>warm liquids

Chamomile specifically helps with cramps
>>
>>17364786
Jesus christ, I cannot recommend a TENS unit enough. You can get them off amazon, and they make the pain barely noticeable. And plus, it doesnt get used up so you can keep it until it breaks!
>>
>>17365038
Holy hell I've never heard of these, thanks!
>>
File: kot.jpg (172KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
172KB, 1124x1024px
bump
>>
>>17364786
I normally sleep, like eat a glass of pain killers and sleep. and then i get my bf to massage me, mostly butt and lower back, and more sleep. Sleep helps!
>>
Birth controll, oddly enough, was my miracle cure. Went from an 8 to a 2 on my pain scale. But it wrecked my sexlife so I just take a lot of naproxen.
>>
>>17364786
I used to take valerian root to relax me, that seemed to help. heating pads are also good, as is staying still. some people get relief from having orgasms. if I came during the last couple days before my period, it'd start early. if I came during my period, sometimes it would make the cramps worse. your mileage may vary I guess.

I used to take ibuprofen too and ended up wrecking my stomach. can't take any NSAIDs at all now or it feels like rats are eating my guts. eventually they put me on darvocet which I believe ended up getting pulled from the market due to safety. if I was really desperate, I'd wait til the pain meds were out of my system and then just drink myself numb. I do not recommend this.

being on the pill helped somewhat but it really just reduced the number of days per month that I was in blinding pain. and in the end it wasn't worth the puking or the weird mood swings.

eventually went on depo provera, which I should mention is not good for your body, especially your bones. so if you're ok with possibly having osteoporosis later, you could try that. or norplant.

for me, I had severe PMS (as in, the gyno said "fuck, idk" and sent me to a shrink, the shrink said "fuck, idk" and sent me back to the gyno) along with the cramps which were determined to be from endometriosis. eventually ended up having a complete hysterectomy. lucky for me I have never really liked kids much and am about as maternal as a snake, so not a single fuck was given that day. now I have no periods, no PMS, and all the worry-free marital relations I want. only really bad thing is that if you haven't had a kid, they can't do the surgery vaginally, they have to cut your lower abs open. I never did regain my former core strength, and my lower back suffers for it. so I don't recommend surgery for everybody but on the whole it worked out pretty ok for me.

1/2
>>
>>17365194
2/2

so as a longtime cramp veteran, I'd say: heating pad, valerian if you can handle the smell, and get as much rest as possible. definitely talk to your gyno. and honestly, start thinking about your plans for kids/no kids. many women get lighter periods and less pain after they've had a kid. some get worse. I think I've even heard of women going on birth control for a while, going off it and the periods were still never as bad as they were before the BC.

most likely either your body will mellow out, or you'll have a kid at some point, and it'll get somewhat better on its own. but start thinking about your future plans and keep as many options as possible on the table in case you're faced with a worst case scenario like I had.

my ghost uterus aches for you anon, I hope you can get it sorted out.
>>
>>17365206
samefagging to add, one thing about valerian that you need to know is that it is sedating. do not take it and then go to work or drive. but it is good to take if you're going to stay home with a heating pad and your laptop or a good book. valerian got me through a lot of rough days, it's a bro herb. even if it does smell like a bellybutton jammed full of dirty socks.
>>
>>17365206
You're a real bro. I was using Xiao Yao Wan and 3 cups of black tea with brown sugar per day for the whole month before my period as cramp relief before this weirdness hit, and now I am so hopped up on Hydros I am woozy. But ain't no paiiiin. I tried valerian. Didn't help much :(
>>
>>17365240
>I tried valerian. Didn't help much :(
yeah, mostly what it did for me is relax me enough that I could sleep through it or just kind of zone my way through the day while reading or watching tv. it didn't actually have a lot of direct analgesic property.

I just remembered something, though, and again this is not something I would heartily endorse, but I'm throwing it out there because it did work for me: pot. if it happens to be a viable option for you, use it sparingly, because there's evidence that it's estrogenic, which could fuck your hormones up. I have only smoked it a handful of times because I have never been overly impressed with the high. but I was pretty impressed by the pain relief.
>>
>>17365240
oh yeah and black tea or any hot beverage actually is a good idea. but like the other anon said, the less caffeine the better. hot soups or broths are great too. anything warm in or on your belly will help at least a little bit.
>>
>>17365258
Oho, estrogenic you say? I did not know that. Estrogen is a huge problem for me. The only difference between this period and the last is the fact that I smoked weed during this past cycle and added CBD oil to my regimen in a desperate attempt to feel better (whatever is wrong with me, it makes me bedridden all month).
>>
>>17365260
>oh yeah and black tea or any hot beverage actually is a good idea. but like the other anon said, the less caffeine the better. hot soups or broths are great too. anything warm in or on your belly will help at least a little bit
My wife swore by raspberry tea in particular.

Her case was bad enough that she wound up needing to get a hysterectomy. But it took years to get through all the brueaucratic crap surrounding those, and until then, this was one of her go-to palliatives: it couldn't work miracles or anything, but it helped a lot. Most major tea makers have a version of this, so it should be readily available.
>>
>>17365194
>only really bad thing is that if you haven't had a kid, they can't do the surgery vaginally, they have to cut your lower abs open.
Guy whose wife had a hysterectomy again. Hers was very recent; I'm guessing yours was less so.

Technology marches on. There are still some other factors that can rule out laparoscopic hysterectomies, but they can now do them even if you have not had children.
>>
Dietary changes could help. I was eating my period cravings for years and battling cramps every month. Now i make sure i have soups and greens that week. And plenty of red meat
>>
>>17366065
You're the best anon. I'm glad your wife got the hysterectomy, sounds really awful. Raspberries are supposed to be a uterine tonic actually, that might be why. Raspberry leaves in particular. I'm going to have to look it up and experiment and such.
>>
>be femanon
>get morphine and other opioids just for cramps

Goddamn sometimes I wish I was a woman.
>>
>>17366136
First time in my life pain was at a 9 out of 10. Believe me bro you're better off without em.
>>
>>17366136
Lol.. You're literally asking to get kicked in the balls repeatedly for a week every month, for roughly 40 years. Yeah, become a woman just so you can feed your drug addiction, junkie.
>>
Bump for the last time.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.