[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 25+ problem thread - The quarter-life crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16

Noticed there are just baby retards crying despite the fact that they've just started life and still have a relatively clean slate to start life on.

Here's a thread for those of us where you still count as young if you die and old when you're alive. That part of life where you should have some bearings on where your life is going.
>>
I'm 28 and everyone in my family is married with children but me. I haven't been on a date in years
>>
And what the fuck is your question or point?
>>
>>17363576
I'm 28 in a few months. I saved enough money from my last job to survive in Chicago until December without work. I'm not sure what to do afterwards.

Most of my experience is as a lifeguard. I'm tired of working in aquatics. The pay is shit and moving into a supervisory position requires dealing with insubordinate idiots.

What should I do? How will I survive?
>>
>>17363579
Near enough 27.
No (real) friends, no gf, in a dead-end job which is the only thing that gets me out the house.

My mind draws a complete blank on where to go from here.
>>
I'm 29 and can't find a marriageable woman who isn't already married.
>>
>>17363797
Vidya isn't fun anymore though to be honest it hasn't been for a long time. And I'm slightly annoyed at how geek/gamer chic has taken off, since it sort of feels like I'm being pushed out of it and I can't even blame it on bandwagoning since this/last generation have grown up on vidya.

I wonder if any early LP'ers are envious of the current generation of LP'ers?
>>
No previous jobs at all and no college education.
I see requirements for jobs at one of those websites for employment and all I see is
>minimum scholarship: college education in such and such field
>5 years prior experience with such and such technology
And... fucking sucks.
I gotta move out but money money.
>>
>>17363995
I got a uni education except it's 5 years old and apparently everything requires experience. It's a fucking catch-22 situation.

Plus I don't have a personality which probably screws my chances a lot since even fucking flatshare interviews require you to be outgoing and being a quiet tenant who pays his rent on time is not enough.
>>
25. Had experience with business, was expecting to take over, just told "no" basically, so all my years doing this shit is for nothing.
Girlfriend broke up with me after 5 or so years (this was a year ago, I've gotten over it).
All of a sudden a panic attack hit me today.
I love the girl I'm with, but I don't find her attractive (started out as LDR / pen-pals kind of thing).
I just feel like everything is closing in and this is the beginning of the end.
>>
>>17363576
I'm 26 and in the middle of an Internship with decent prospects for permanent employment in HR. Currently single and still into my younger hobbies such as video games and books.

Still social with two groups of friends who I see bi weekly or once or twice a month depending. Maturing slowly and still need to become less anxious or overthinking social situations but I'm getting there. Family has and still is great and loving though.
>>
I'm 30 and a postal carrier. It's becoming apparent that this will be by career, which is a shame because it sucks, is not what I went to college for and my family has a high rate of knee problems. I have a good girlfriend and from all the working am more attractive than I've ever been, but that's it.
>>
>>17363995

>used to be you could get a job with just a high school diploma
>then you needed a college degree
>now you not only need a degree but multiple years of experience and internships by the time you graduate
>they expect you to work AND go to school fulltime
>and if you don't you're fucked
>bonus: even internships want you to have previous experience first
>>
I know I said it sucks, and it does, but if you have a clean driving and criminal record you can get hired at the post office if your area is hiring. In training I sat next to a dude who was like 40 with neck tattoos, and while I doubt he's still employed he did get a 40 hour week of training
>>
>went to school, good degree
>trying to decide what kind of job I want with it
>see option for contract work
>want to /trv/
>start dreaming about working 6 months, traveling a few months until the next job
>realize this would be more turbulent than I thought, no guarantee new work will start when I want it to start
>realize it is hard to find a housing lease that will allow this flexibility
>realize I can't pay back my student loans with a 6 month gig even if I put half my earnings to it, live on a quarter, and save a quarter for travel
>will have no income to pay them with during off time
>fucking loans are ruining me

I also feel like everyone expects me to get some big fancy real job, and otherwise I'll be a loser, so I can't even take a part time or contract gig for at least a few years. Everything I want is just out of reach. On top of it I haven't been on a date in 3 months. By the time I have freedom to travel a lot I'll probably be married or something and they'll pitch a fit.
>>
>>17364329
>everyone expects me to
This seems to usually be a shitty reason to do anything of importance.
>>
>>17364343

Yes I agree and realize that. But it's not just my professors and classmates, but also potential employers, who would look at gigwork and think I must suck ass, and I would never be hired again for anything higher. So if I choose contract work or part time jobs, that's what I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. But if I work a few years at a real job first I can go back to working real jobs if I want to. Only I have to be a slave to a job for a few years. At least then I can get the loans paid off...but I will only have two weeks free each year for that time period.
>>
>>17364329
I guess you've already checked if there is a job you're qualified for that involves a ton of travel? I've known specialized contstruction workers and medical techs that only did work on the road so they got to go places and also had significant time off because it was essentially contract work
>>
>>17363654
Why waste your money in Chiraq? Move after you quit and do SOMETHING
>>
>>17364370

I actually am buddies with a guy like that. Only sales jobs are like that in my field and I can't into sales. There's work from home but they need prior experience (since obv you can't just shadow someone at the office.) I guess I'm just complaining because the only choice is a fulltime serious job for several years that is gonna crush my soul. I have freetime to travel NOW, but I don't have money now. My other thought was to buy a car and roadtrip a few states in diameter so I can drive back within two days if I have an interview, but the car will get expensive quickly and eat half my float money up front.

It's just like when you have time to go travel and live, you don't have the money to, and when you finally have the money you either don't have the time or you're old as balls and it would be just painful. I wanted to find an alternative path but I need to put in at least a few years first. It just sucks.
>>
>everyone younger than me is a little baby and I am old
I am loving this meme. I give it 5 out of 5 meme points
>>
It kills me inside to go work at wageslave job.
It kills me inside that it's located near office buildings and I have to ride the train with these sharply dressed fuckers while I'm in my shitty uniform.
It kills me inside to see young business men with snake bites, gauges, tattooed necks and other hipster shit.

I'm not only reminded that I'm poor but as uncool as fuck.

Man, your late 20s is the best time to kill yourself.
>>
>39
>good career and well-paid job
>have friends and social circles
>on paper my life looks great and people envy me

But:

>only had 1 real gf in my life - can't manage to keep a girl past the first 2-3 dates
>borderline alcoholic
>feel incredibly empty and lonely inside

No point to this post I suppose. But maybe someone here is similar.
>>
>>17364402
Mail carrier here again, you don't even know dude. I deliver to robotics businesses and law offices and all other kinds of white collar businesses. I ask for people's signatures wearing little blue shorts. It's pretty brutal.
>>
>>17365475
would you trade your career and education for a lifelong romantic partner
>>
>>17365520
No. My career and education are great. And it's not like I've given up on a romantic partner, or have no hope. On the contrary, I can get dates easily enough. The problem is finding someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.
>>
File: 1466350196406.jpg (65KB, 446x850px) Image search: [Google]
1466350196406.jpg
65KB, 446x850px
>>17363576
I was a good girl. I was raised in church, and even though I don't believe, I learned virtue. I learned to cook, sew, clean, sing, dance, and raise children well. I work out, take care of my body, take care of my life. I work for myself, out of my home, as a fitness trainer and yoga teacher. I have had one serious relationship in my life, which I thought was going to take me to the end of it, but it fell apart due to external stressors. I am single, 24, and have few prospects for work or for love. I don't want to work in "the industry" because it is a scam. People can get fit all on their own, sometimes they just need a little push in the right direction. All I have ever wanted since I was a little girl was a big, big family (as I was adopted, and feel like a lone wolf in my own family) to care for, a home to make nice, and a library full of classic books to read to my seven sons, but now, thanks to this femcentric, backwards society, I can't find a single man who isn't looking to be a bachelor as long as he possibly can, and what's more, I am shamed by my "sisters" who have been indulging in one night stands and abusive relationships since they were young. I am told I need to "loosen up" or just "have fun." I don't want to have fun! I want to have purpose!
I have no peers to speak to, and all of my skills are useless in the >current year. I'm not having a quarter life crisis as much as I've just lost all hope for the healthy, happy future I was wishing for as a little girl.
>>
>>17365484
It would have been okay if it was just work but my area is currently gentrifying and hipsters/yuppies/alt's are following me on the way back from work.

Sometimes I almost wish my area would return to when it was usually on fire.

I couldn't fit in when it was a shithole and I still can't fit now that it's slowly filling up with people from boohoo and topman adverts.
>>
>>17365562
You're only 24. You have plenty of time to find the right guy.
>>
I'm 26, a few months shy of 27. I have a decent job doing technical support. I'm seeing a 21 year old who goes to school 8 hours away and will likely be leaving next month. I'm not really attached to her but I like her and she seems to like me for some reason. I think it's weird I'm dating a 21 year old but my parents were 5 years apart too. Most of my friends are starting to get engaged to their gfs and my sister got married last year. I feel like I should be looking to settle down now but I'm afraid if I do that my marriage will wind up like my parents.
>>
>>17365589
>weird I'm dating a 21 year old but my parents were 5 years apart too.

I'm a 26 KV so I probably don't have much credibility in this section but even amongst my few friends the age gap is sorta noticeable in terms of interests/knowledge of past things.
>>
File: RnGEd93.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
RnGEd93.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>17365562
I'm inclined to think this is bait but I feel the same way about some of your statements

I'm also 24 and wanted a happy future but dating a borderline girl and having my heartbroken many times leaves me with being unable to feel solid trust in a relationship

May you find your worth in the waking world
>>
>>17365562
Part of me wants to go, "shut up, 80% of this thread would check out of life's game for you" but you could be anywhere~
>>
>>17365587
But every year that passes, I am doomed to have less children. By now, I could have had 4. As it stands, I'll only be able to pop out like 3 if I get a hubby a.s.a.p. I can't bank on adoption because I'm not a gold digger. I'd rather a strong father figure than a rich man if I had the choice. But I know that you're not totally wrong, and I am not "over the hill" just yet. I do always feel like I am rolling down it, though.
>>
>>17365626
>shut up, 80% of this thread would check out of life's game for you

Maybe dating a possibly crazy girl from 4chan doesn't seem advisable. But, you know, beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>17365629
Just how many kids do you want? No wonder, men will stay far away from a girl who wants to have lots of kids.
>>
Can I post if I'm going to be 25 in December?
>Some community college, no degree
>Work experience: census, pizza delivery, two grocery stores, family vape shop
> Moved back and forth between New York and Jersey, currently back in NY
>Vidya and weed are getting boring

How to make friends in tv thug city? In Jersey, I had the lenience to sell drugs, which people would keep themselves around, but I don't -want- a whole squad of lecherous scum anymore. That seems to be the in thing in this area, though, and the only "nerds" I can find are warhammer/ DnD/ magic the gathering level wizards and I'm starting to feel like one of the above posters.

Is it common to be weeded out of all social groups for not being hardcore about any of them? It's as though my vidya wasn't vidya enough, my gangsta wasn't hood enough, etc.
>>
im not 25 yet, im 24, but its coming up fast and looks like a brick wall
things are not good and theres no one who can help me
if this is the rest of my life i really dont want to continue living
>>
I'm 25 and married but all I think about is upgrading my wife through plastic surgery
>>
>>17365562

You sound like a dream. Too bad I am already engaged to a girl who wants to have lots of children and who has read every fairy and fantasy tale under the sun. Otherwise, I'd date you.

In my experience, there are a lot of Slavic guys that want a traditional girl. Good luck with finding one who isn't a deadbeat, though.

Nationality?
>>
>>17365562
I wish there were more women like you.
>>
>>17365673
>wizard nerds

You know, I've never met another nerd/geek for literally years until relatively recently and that was at comic-con. And basically all the nerds my age have already formed their social circles.

Plus now with geek chic in fashion, now there's socially competent nerds and I can't compete with that.
>>
Alright.

26 years old, NEET for ten years, no degrees, no friends, no real connection to family. Never had a job.

I have no direction at all, I feel completely disinterested in all aspects of life from relationships to a career. I've never been encouraged to do anything, my dad was verbally abusive and crushed my interest in anything, my mum is nice but weak, they both didn't read and had no interest in anything beyond sitting watching tv. I wasn't even encouraged to finish secondary school and ended up skipping most of it (60% attendance if I remember right) My mother even helped me skip it.

As a result I just escaped and am now stuck, I have no social skills, no confidence, i'm just an insecure blank slate. I have no interests or hobbies and i'm stuck in a set pattern because it's all I know, i'm either too lazy or too depressed (self analysis due to my constant suicidal thoughts and breakdowns) to do anything, can't even motivate my self to watch a film or read a book. I feel trapped by everything around me, even time. My routine means I won't do anything if it's close to a certain time, for example it's 22:04 right now. That means I won't read because it's dark and I won't watch a film because I go to bed around 1:00 and it feels too late. I won't start something at 16:30 because I usually eat dinner around 17:30, it might overlap so I sit and wait, just escape in to the internet. I don't even think this is half my problems.

Would love any advice you have of what the fuck i'm supposed to do.
>>
>>17363797
At least you have a job and some people who know you somewhat.
>>
>>17364278
Books arent younger hobbies what the fuck
>>
>>17364291
Good walking shoes and a sunny disposition is my advice to you, sir
>>
>>17363579
I'm 28 too and i never kissed a girl while my ten years younger nephew lives with his gf, also no friend, live with my dad, dead end job and no ambition, drive, motivation or passion for anything
>>
File: 1466891055815.jpg (68KB, 546x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466891055815.jpg
68KB, 546x720px
I'm 26 and just getting my life on track. I just finished a basic EMT course and I'm pursuing more education. But with most of my friends having kids, getting married, or at least finding a solid S/O, I can't help but feel left out. I haven't had a girlfriend in 4 years (largely by choice), though enough first dates and hookups to really dull my whole taste for all of it. But it's becoming more and more clear that my best years are likely behind me.

I've largely dedicated my time to personal improvement: I workout because I want to be stronger, I read because I want to be smarter, I draw because I want to be more expressive. But I can't shake the guilty feeling I get when I think about actually enveloping someone into my life.

This might sound odd, but does anyone else have the problem with underage girls taking a huge liking to you? I work in restaurants, which have a high turnover rate of young, female employees. There's been at least a few notable ones, but the last one fell really hard for me (she is 16). She had a lot of problems, as teenage girls tend to do, and I gave her honest advice about respecting herself and such. Then she would just fawn over me which, you'd think would be awesome, but isn't. An emotionally vulnerable young girl talking about how much I mean to her, how she just wants to be held by me, how it hurts her to know I don't have much love in my life, on and with this shit that SHE thinks is genuine, but I'd hope we're all world-weary enough to recognize for what it is. Anyway, her crush ended after a few months, like all of their crushes do. But, it's surprisingly discouraging to listen to girls tell you how much they want to be there for you, when you know it's basically just their imagination.

It's like I'm in a race with my own hairline. I've let a lot of good opportunities slip through my fingers, and I know I won't see them again. I feel like I've missed my chance.
>>
>>17366655
Not enough time to type wall of text, but find a hobby first.
>>
>>17367025
Well, I have no interest in anything and whenever I try I give up in less than an hour because I can't focus.
>>
>>17367065
Know what worked for me? I ended up getting really into fitness. Seriously, read the /fit/ sticky. One hour a day, three days a week. That's three hours of focus needed, total. And yet, it will teach you discipline, patience, resolve, organization, and really just expand into every other area of your life.

I was happiest in my life when I was working out regularly. It really, really is the best way to fight depression I've ever found. Unfortunately, I got hit by a car and had to take a year off, and now I'm 20lbs overweight and depressed again.
>>
>>17367086
Ok, I will read it.
>>
I'll be completely honest, I turn 26 in September and it scares the fuck out of me. I don't know why, but it does.

I've not really had a very pleasant road, especially so over the last few years. Depression and a workplace injury have near crippled me, though I've somehow managed to keep going. I've made headway in a degree that would put nearly the entirety of /g/ to shame, with the prospects of being able to go forwards and turn that into something that could be a force of good in the world.

Whilst I have a partner, they live nearly 3000 miles from me, and I've had neither the time or the money to go and visit them. We've already come to the conclusion that we want to spend the rest of our lives together, something that I had considered would have never happened to me. The distance is a huge stumbling block, but that could be fixed, hopefully.

Despite this, being intimate with them is going to be difficult. A former partner forced themselves on me, and that scared the ever living fuck out of me. I can't even come clean about that because I didn't put up a fight at the time (I'm ashamed to say that I froze and didn't know what to do) and I wouldn't be believed.

I know that I have a bit of life ahead of me, but still, it's as if I can feel my mortality pulling me down.
>>
>>17366835
I'm this close to quitting but it's literally the last place I talk to people other than my parents even if the conversation consists of "hey" and "hi"
>>
>>17363576
Bump
>>
>30
>NEET
Suicide is coming closer every day.
>>
File: 025.jpg (331KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
331KB, 1920x1200px
>>17365562
it's not impossible. i had to get 27 to find the right guy to pursue exactly this. we're getting married in autumn and will try to have a second baby by next year. hopefully with many to follow. keep your hopes up. i truly believe it's all worth it in the end. try to find joy in those skills and interests that will aid you in being an awesome mom and wife and manage a perfect household. learn as much about relationships as you possibly can till then. observe the couples you know. what works, what doesn't. what would you do different. especially hone your communication skills and try to surround yourself with kids as much as possible. it really helps. since i was a little girl, i knew all i wanted is being a mom. so i decided to pursue a career in that direction to gain experience with kids. i worked in daycare, as a nanny, with teenagers, with kindergarden kids, and much, much more. every single job learned me something i am extremely thankfull for now. i also worked with dissabled adults and elders. it gives you some perspective, cuts down your ego and selfishnes. it trains your patience and empathy.
don't fall for the "loosen up" and "have fun" meme. i was single and sexless for 6 years because i didn't want to have meaningless sex. i would do it all over again.
you need to give the guys your age time to grow up too. at 24, they don't want to get married and have a family. they mostly want fast sex. they will come around in a few years.
keep doing what you do and you will get your happy ending.
>>
>>17365562
>>17365629
>>17365644

I know that this "girl" is almost certainly bait, but I just thought I'd add, I'm a 25 year old man and I want as many children as possible.
>>
>>17363576
I am in a long-term relationship and my partner wants children down the line. I am not maternal. As I get older, I worry that I will fail as a mother because I don't have the maternal instinct that society typically expects in women. Hoping I can get a well paying job and hire a nanny if I take that step.
>>
Going on a big rant/vent/advice/whatever here, because when I saw this thread, I felt really motivated and inspired.

I'm 25 and only 1,5 week ago, I graduated from University with a Master's degree in HR. I'm really fucking proud, because 8 years ago I would never have deemed myself enough for University, or science, in general.

A couple of months, I was really torn, afraid, and unmotivated about what I wanted to in my life and I think it was due to the pressure of my now exGF and myself not feeling really free. The best times in my life were where I was single and making the most of my somehow insanely busy schedule, always. However, when my exGF broke up with me, it immediately triggered me into something I did not think of before: bettering myself, and putting myself at number fucking 1, always. I work and drink too much, but that's incidentally.

I started doing new things and I felt like I was finally free and did not have to be responsible to someone about things. I went to a music festival on my own and enjoyed the heck out of, I flew to Taiwan (where my ex GF did her Exchange semester at the time, but I already had my tickets booked, so I went anyway), I took part in a 10k, etcetera. And, most importantly, I became more happy with myself.

It's never too late.

You are the only one who can take care of the most important person in the world: you. Get out of the comfort zone, try new and scary things. It's not the end of the world if you don't know what you would like to do in 10 years, and I think that 5 or 10 year plans are bullshit because life happens to you. Don't whine about it, but put less positive experiences into opportunities. Do things that get you motivated, go outside for a walk or 2 every couple of days. Get some air. Don't waste your life behind the PC everyday.

But, for god's sake, DO. BE.
>>
>>17368918
>I am not maternal. As I get older, I worry that I will fail as a mother because I don't have the maternal instinct that society typically expects in women.
What? Society expects the OPPOSITE and has done for like 40 years. They expect you to overcome the natural female maternal instinct and be a self-hating careerist because "muh feminism"
>Hoping I can get a well paying job and hire a nanny if I take that step.
That is indeed not maternal, and very masculine. Are you a man?
>>
>>17368929
As a 26 year old NEET this is a nice sentiment but it's not that simple. If I was to go to uni now (next year for me) I would be 33 by the time I graduated. Way too late to be competitive in the job market.
>>
>>17368933
This is not the case in my country. It is probably that way in America and the UK, but where I am, traditional family values are still very present in the culture here.

I'm not a man, I just don't like children or babies. Raising a child seems like a waste of time that could be better spent accomplishing things or enriching my life/my partner's life in other ways. My siblings have children and in my view, their lives are objectively ruined.
>>
>>17363576
I'm 24 and I've done literally nothing up to this point, I haven't even had any normal experiences anyone my age had (virgin, no drinking/drugs/party/fun, no friends, no job).

I'm a lifeless mockery of a man.
Everyone is now moving away, getting settled into their career, having kids/making families, and I've yet to even take the first steps into being an adult.

Life doesn't feel worth living, and it's over before it even started.
>>
just turned 25, working a job related to my career but its dull as fuck. literally sit in an office for 8 hours daily. that shit kills your creativity which is key for my career
i also cant hold friendships, conversations, cant even focus to watch a movie or exercise
alone as fuck, all i do is smoke weed and just watch how other people live

i need a new perspective either by traveling or psychedelic drugs. no money/connection for those though
>>
also why is it called quarter life crisis? with current society it should be mid life crisis
>>
>>17368947
Procreation is the biological function of every single animal

If you don't procreate you may as well kill yourself right now
>>
>25 in two or so months
>Never had a job
>Never had a proper relationship
>Still live with mother

I-it's okay r-right? My life is just beginning... isn't it?
>>
28 here.

I look on the bright side and think about everyone I once knew or know who is currently trapped by their life decisions way more than I am. In other words, they had kids, got married, etc and are totally stuck there for decades while I'm free as fuck, even if it's just to do nothing.

I know I made the right decisions because all those people don't want to know me anymore. They can't handle the vision of how gloriously free their lives would have been if they didn't swallow the bait and breed.
>>
>>17368987
the average life expectancy is still a great deal closer to 100 than 50
>>
>>17369028
I think he meant that once you turn 50+ you pretty much just wait around until you die of old age.
>>
>had a slight breakdown final year of uni and got a third
>locked out of every graduate job/scheme, apprenticeships and even taking another BSc

Honestly I'm impressed with how bad I fucked up, guess I'll have to join the army till I'm 34
>>
>>17369489
Know how you feel, I got a 2.2 in maths that's been collecting dust for 5 years.

Funny thing is from I hear from "friends" that they know people with shit grades that have gotten into high paid jobs in their departments. I'm guessing they have a silver tongue and a personality to match.
>>
One thing that annoyed me about being 26, is how incredibly bland I am, like it's visible that I haven't lived. Everyone around me has bits of flair, tattoos, highlights, piercings, a sense of style....
>>
>25
>in college
>girlfriend of 4 years
>life is on a decent track despite a rough start in childhood
>torn between spending my life like a 16 year old and fucking girls while taking little to no responsibility or staying with my loving girlfriend and get married and have kids

>feel like my life is over, never got to be a kid
>girlfriend says "you can do all of the things you missed out on with your children
>it really isn't the same
>in that situation I'm the provider
>If I buy a boat, I have to firstly pay for the boat, and I'm the one driving the boat
>If I take a vacation to europe, I'm the one planning and booking the vacation
>Never get to have the care free experience of adolescence if any of this makes sense.
>>
File: tumblr_m0abaeXYvD1qalg6oo1_500.gif (1003KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0abaeXYvD1qalg6oo1_500.gif
1003KB, 500x278px
>24
>just got a job in a financial firm
>they're trying to dope me up on the high of finance as a career
>i dislike money as a concept
>i wanted to work with animals
>every day in my cubicle looking at pictures of dogs on my desk wondering where i went wrong and why i will never do anything genuinely meaningful except make people richer and skim their wealth to cut my own checks

I don't know what I am doing. I don't have any friends and I don't know how to talk to someone regularly. Like I just emotionally drop off and I feel like I have no humanity sometimes. I don't have a boyfriend and I'm cripplingly terrified of sexual interactions but I want someone to love me and find some reason to be passionate again.

I also have like, zero hobbies, I lay in my bed and watch anime. I really didn't think I would end up staring down a job in finance with a career track looking like it'll be 10+ years already. I'm grateful I can do this kind of work and make money and pay bills but I just feel like there's gotta be more to life than paying bills and putting money in an IRA.

I went overseas for the first time this year and it was a disaster but now I've got this weird craving to travel again.

Man, I don't know what I'm doing... I have no answers.
>>
>>17370093
Man, money can't buy happiness but I'd rather be crying in a Ferrari.

Money gives you opportunities dude, you even buy friends if you can't make ones normally.
>>
>>17370154
Haha yeah I felt that way for a while when I was defaulting on student loans but, I don't know, I've had jobs where I loved what I did and my life felt so much more peaceful, but random shit fucked stuff up...

But I've had friends who pretty much only got me out by the temptation of buying dinner and none of those friendships felt genuine, I don't want to be on the other side luring people in to my company with food and presents. I don't think it's wrong for everyone but I just have brain problems I guess.

Cheers to a bright retirement I will spend alone, crying in my Ferrari lol
>>
File: WTF no.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
WTF no.gif
1MB, 260x146px
male
kissless virgin
mild autism
moderate anxiety disorder
thyroid issue that's hopefully gone
some kind of knee problem
broke my hip once
help raise my 3 younger siblings
just got my driver's license last week
never had a job despite applying for months

most recent crisis is thinking it's very likely I just don't like people, like maybe I don't care for human beings

I've had responsibility and reminders that I'm getting older pushed on me more than any of you, and I've had opportunities denied to me more than any of you, fuckin' fight me

pic related, my thoughts on my life
>>
>>17365562
>I don't want to have fun! I want to have purpose!
I think I know what you mean but putting it like that makes you sound fucking insufferable. You would be just the kind of person I want if you didn't sound like you were focused on a version of family life that is, for better or worse, basically dead and buried in the western world.
>>
File: 1429508020378.png (7KB, 173x150px) Image search: [Google]
1429508020378.png
7KB, 173x150px
>27
>Live alone
>Make just enough money to pay bills and spend a little on hobbies, but not enough to really save up anything
>Really starting to hate my job, its stressful, boring, and has no room for advancement
>Single, haven't had a date in years. I just don't meet people.
>All my friends have moved away, haven't really made any new ones
>Losing interest in everything
>Going nowhere
I'm tired, stressed, and depressed all the time, and I'm sick of it. Every day is the same: I struggle to muster up the energy to do the bare minimum amount of work that won't get me fired, try to hide how much I hate myself from my coworkers and family, come home and play video games I'm not enjoying, or pointlessly browse 4chan, then try to force myself to sleep. Most days, I literally can't tell what day of the week it is.

I'd probably kill myself if I wasn't worried my parents would get saddled with my credit card debt.
>>
>>17370190
Funnily enough, even in my dead end job, I've managed to save 10k, not through scrimping or anything but simply cos I have no life. And kinda sad to look at my bank balance it's literally another reminder that my life hasn't amounted to anything, that I was so withdrawn that many of my memories are just tv shows and vidya.
>>
>>17363579
I'm turning 30 in a few months and I haven't been with or dated a girl in over 10 years. I haven't even hugged a girl since 2011, and even then she already had a boyfriend anyway.

Thankfully, I give zero fucks, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Sometimes I love being me.
>>
I'm 28. I've always been a loser. I've never had a girlfriend, sucked at school, don't have any hobbies or skills and I'm too lazy and inept to practice any. I work a low paying job with no room for advancement and hate socializing. I honestly don't see my life ever working out. I've hated being alive since I was 12. I believe I'm probably just defective, with poor genes, and my failure is simply poor adaptations being selected against. Why not commit suicide?
>>
>>17370728
well if you feel like your life is pretty much ruined, why not dedicate it to helping other people?
doesn't really matter whether you care about the people you're helping, here's why you should do it:

>you'll still feel better as a result
(no seriously, helping other people causes positive subconscious reactions)

>you'll learn to enjoy socialising.
Everyone hates socialising when they don't know anyone / don't know what to say / are just not comfortable in that environment
if you do volunteering or something like that, despite your lack of social skills, they'll treat you well because you're proving in front of them that you're willing to help others

>as a result you'll make friends along the way

>you might stumble upon discovering a better job
the more people you meet, the more contacts / opportunities you have.

If you're living a shit life atm and are legit considering suicide, why not give it a go?
if you do genuinely just hate everyone and everything, go kill yourself
but why waste a chance to improve everything?
>>
I'm turning twenty-five this year, and I know that I'm still young-ish, but I already feel used up. I'm tired, I'm no longer interested in sex or romance. I have a baby son.

I'm going back to college because my certification didn't help me get a job, and I feel strange being surrounded by people ages 18-21. I want to tell them, "don't fuck around like I did."
>>
>>17371786
Do tell them.

26 m usa

my problem is that i'm just now finding out what true, concentrated, ever-enduring shit corporate service is.
>>
>>17371789
>corporate service

What's that? Sounds like it pays good.
>>
>>17371860
The pay is minimum and you get put on hot coals for all eternity.
>>
I'm 26, have a career as a commercial electrician. I have a company vehicle, phone, gas card, great benefits etc. But I feel resigned to the fact that I will probably work in this field for the rest of my life. I wouldn't be able to match what it is I'm making now unless I finish my degree, and I can't afford to go back to barely above minimum wage if I wanted to do another trade. I would like to go back to school, but I'm already preoccupied with working 50 hours a week and my personal life. I fee trapped
>>
File: cover.jpg (3MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
3MB, 1600x1600px
>>17368929
I have just attended to university. How do I study there? I'm afraid I won't be able to compete and handle it. I sucked at school, hard.

This thread is not for me, I'm only 18, but considering how I've been wasting all these years sitting in front of PC and doing nothing, that'd be good if I started right fucking now.
>>
>>17371945
>18
Get out.
>>
>>17371862
What does it actually entail?
>>
I'm 25 and I don't find girls (well, women) my age or above attractive anymore

not sure how to deal with this
>>
File: b89[1].gif (167KB, 296x360px) Image search: [Google]
b89[1].gif
167KB, 296x360px
>>17372226
Have a seat?

On a semi-related note, I want to meet a girl my age, my wavelength and since I'm pretty shallow, good-looking.

Which is pretty impossible cos I can't even find dudes that are on my wavelength.
>>
Bumpin for more misery this sunny afternoon
>>
>>17372318
So give up and make some actual realistic goals, you idiot. What you want doesn't matter, if what you want is not reasonable.

Shit.
>>
>>17372226
Lel sucks to suck

Im 24 and people constantly think im 19 or in high school
There are women of all ages who look all ages, maybe u should stop being a cunt

Or just accept the fact that u like peen
>>
27 and lived alone for about two years. It's getting lonely if I'm completely honest, and I'd like to settle down with a nice girl and have 3 kids or so, but I can't seem to get past first dates. I guess you don't really outgrow autism.
>>
Quarter life? That's like a third of your life if you're lucky. For most people, you're halfway through life, you old fogie.
>>
So I have had the bad luck to be around or date some unsavoury guys which has really shattered my trust. Now whenever I go on even a casual date I get a lot of anxiety like to the point where I feel physically sick. The anxiety ends once I have lost interest or the other party has lost interest. I feel disappointed since most dates stop at one but I'm also immensely relieved because no more anxiety. I don't want to make blanket judgements so I keep trying but now the anxiety is getting so bad that when I even meet a guy who I find attractive or vice versa I get anxious. I don't want to feel anxious but I can't help my attraction either. I am at a loss of what to do because I want to try dating seriously again. Inb4 therapy because can't afford it.
>>
>>17363576
I'm 30 and I can't decide if I want children or not. I'm not a guy so I can't keep putting it off though.
>>
>>17372500
I'm not completely delusional but funny thing is, where I live, all the single girls are 7+/10. The rest are in relationships, leaving just fatties on scooters.

And In don't think most women have the paitience to sit a 26yo social retard through the basics of a relationship.
>>
>>17365562
>An actual woman in current year complaining about her future with no actual problems on sight

Sometimes people just wanna complain about the stupidest shit you can think of. You barely got problems, plus you'll get a hubby in no time and you'll forget about your shit. Rest of us actually have to deal with being good at our jobs and constant rejection.
>>
>>17372526
>A negative spin on something that's already negative.

Congrats
>>
If just had one solid friend through my early years, I probably wouldn't have been so miserable now.
>>
>26
>College grad but a useless degree
>Studied muh passion instead of something practical
>Work full time 50-55 hours selling paint
>Eat shit from painters that can't speak English, bored housewives who live in mansions and drive luxury SUVs, and rich GCs and builders
>Hate my job, put in the minimum effort but still get by
>Make enough to live on my own and have some money for hobbies
>Not saving any money but not going broke
>No gf
>Urge to drink continues to intensify

I guess it's not all bad, but I really, really hate my job. I work Mon-Sat, 10 hours a day. Considering quitting and hoping I fall into something else but I know I can't take the risk. I have no experience besides retail work. I pissed away college studying and working instead of making connections and networking. I hate this.
>>
>>17374060
>He thought he could just get a bachelor's in whatever and land a decent career
It's 2016. You should have identified a specific career you want and then gone to grad school or something.
>>
>>17374101
he said as much and is 26, fuck off
>>17374060
you need to start saving money
>>
>>17373745
you fucking dork, the ponies lied to you, friendship is not magic.
>>
>>17374060
>bored housewives who live in mansions and drive luxury SUVs, and rich GCs and builders

Doesn't that burn your ass?

It kills me inside. I feel so close to topping myself.
>>
>>17374121
What ponies?

Someone having your back is an important thing.

Most high paid jobs seem to be got through networking.
>>
>>17366866
>Good walking shoes
yeah, I have 5 pairs of pretty great hiking boots and it makes a world of difference. I was almost disappointed in last winter being mild because I was going to drop at least $400 on some really crazy mountaineering boots but there was no need. that is the advice I give new people when I don't think they're going to get fired.
>and a sunny disposition
well, I try.
>>
>>17374141
>What ponies?
the ones of "my little" fame, I was attacking your character
>Someone having your back is an important thing.
nah
>Most high paid jobs seem to be got through networking.
childhood friends aren't networking you sociopath, no wonder nobody ever liked you very much. (not that you're wrong about good jobs)
>>
>>17374130
Yes. I want to explode and quit in some dramatic way but no one is going to be impressed since all I'd be doing is throwing a temper tantrum and storming home.

>>17374101
My original plan was to go to law school but I didn't do so well on the LSATs and soon after my dad passed away which really fucked my family's financial situation. I'm not posting here saying "a bloo bloo muh degree muh loans gibs me a job" like some Art History asshole. I'm psyching myself up to job hunt so at least I'm not in retail hell.
>>
>>17374210
Oh, and I'm actually glad I didn't go to law school. From what I've read the job market for law grads is FUCKED. The last thing I need is an extra $40,000 on top of the money I already owe.
>>
>>17374238
bump
>>
Did anyone else think their life was to suck this hard? I've always had an inkling.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 300x296px
I just turned 25 this year.
Life's had a lot of ups and downs the last five years. I have a lot of work experience doing construction and electrical work, but right now I'm not really working. I have a job doing carpentry with uncle, but it's slow.
I also just went through a kind of shitty break up, and I feel like a directionless asshole.
I've been splurging and drinking almost every night.
I feel like a fucking loser, and I really hope I can turn this all around.
It's just hard to be motivated.
>>
>>17374949
Yes. My parents drilled it into my head that life was going to suck.
>>
>25
>no college degree
>work at a dead end warehouse job
>never dated/never had a gf
>virgin but have kissed and done things with a female
>what is my life
>>
>>17366864
Think he meant hobbies which he had since he was young.
>>
File: 1448965669623.jpg (81KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1448965669623.jpg
81KB, 900x506px
>28 in a few months
>no relationship long enough worth noting
>virgin
>bought my own place and moving in later this year
>own another property I will rent out
>everyone says I'm doing great
>know almost no girls because I don't put myself out there due to working on my own goals
>>
>>17375563
Context pls
>>
>just turned 25 last month
>working at kind of a dead end job but I have been moving up there
>I'm good at it but would probably kill myself by 30 if I was still there
>used to be an emt and did like it, and sometimes miss it, but I make more money working half the hours at my dead end job
>would rather go into the editing/literature field somehow
>also messing around with a 20 year old I work with
>we play video games, hang out and fuck around every few days
>worried hell get attached and that he is now
>do like him but I don't want to end up just hurting him later on
>really just want to pick up and move to Oregon tomorrow (I went on vacation there 2 months ago)

I have nothing here really.

Occasionally at work I remember being at the ocean or how happy I was out there and completely break down.
>>
These years are supposed to be your prime years, when you have enough time, no real responsibilities, peak health and just enough social leeway to be an idiot without catching flak.

>inb4 20s not your real prime

Maybe, but it's a unique set of circumstances that you'll never get again.
>>
>>17376516
>Supposed to be
Those being the key words. Funny thing is, when people have freedom, they mostly want to do literally nothing with it. The freedom to do nothing is also a unique thing we will not get back for a very, very long time.
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 225x225px
I just feel miserable.

I have a decent paying job that I don't care for, but there isn't anywhere else I can go without taking a SIGNIFICANT pay drop... I just feel lonely, and unmotivated. I don't know what I'm suppose to do. Like really, I don't know what im suppose to do. I'm just "alive".

Someone tell me what to do??
>>
File: bear's-advice.png (2MB, 1372x8201px) Image search: [Google]
bear's-advice.png
2MB, 1372x8201px
>>
>>17376699
You're in engineering, right? Make friends with your co-workers. Chat about stuff unrelated to work.
>>
>>17376723
>engineering

I don't know why you assumed that.. But no, I'm a security officer..

What good does chatting with co-workers do tho? I mean, yeah we bullshit at work. But that's it. Everyone I work with is older than me and has families and kids, so it's not like we hang out and shit. After work everyone goes on there way.
>>
>>17376699
I'd kill for something that pays well but yeah, I understand that feeling of not being a part of anything and watching everyone around you connect with each other.

If I were you I'd make making money your sole concern, trying to make as much as possible. Money impresses a lot of people, even if it don't bring YOU happiness. At least they'll recognise you.
>>
>>17376743

>If I were you I'd make making money your sole concern, trying to make as much as possible. Money impresses a lot of people, even if it don't bring YOU happiness. At least they'll recognise you

People don't care tho, for real. and, I'm not rich. But for a single guy making $60k/yr I'm doing alright. But, I don't have anything to spend money on. I just have no interests or anything. I try to travel when I can. But that ends up becoming depressing.
I just got back from a tropical island vacation. And I just sat alone on a quiet beach and drank the whole time. Yeh, it was relaxing. But I felt sad
>>
>>17363995

Get a state job and work your way up from there.
>>
>>17376794
>People don't care tho, for real

They do and they don't.
>>
>>17377328

There is a lot of wealthy people where I work that drive really nice cars. I don't care that they drive nice cars, yeah I notice it. But don't really care.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.