[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with depression and stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 259x195px
Sup /adv/,

I got diagnosed with clinical depression today by my doctor. I knew it was depression as I've shown all the main symptoms for it for ages.

This all stems from getting into Commercial Pilot Training. While this should be a good thing, it's been a very long and stressful procedure just getting there (anyone in aviation will tell you that).

Anyway, I can't take antidepressants as I would be unfit to fly, so I was wondering if there's any methods of coping with stress, either other medication or something proactive.

I haven't bitched out and started crying and I intend to keep it that way, but any advice either from personal experience or any new ideas would be fantastic

TL;Dr stress coping techniques for pilots
>>
Crying helps you know. Just fucking cry and don't be ashamed of it. I suggest finding fulfillment in what you're doing. You're doing your part to bring about one of the world's greatest forms of transportation. It's pretty god damn incredible.

Have a good day anon, I suggest crying soon.
>>
File: christ-in-the-wilderness.jpg (3MB, 4000x3507px) Image search: [Google]
christ-in-the-wilderness.jpg
3MB, 4000x3507px
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=107
meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijnt-eXukwk
if you think its hippie bullshit , put that aside and try it .
>>
>>17360121
Cheers anon, I'll give it a go
>>
>>17360083
Google how to create a mental block (basically an alarm in your brain when you start thinking a certain way. Mine is a buzzer sound, though it could be anything.) and use it whenever you start feeling down.

In layman's terms it's recognizing your feelings and interrupting the thought process as soon as you do. You'll have to do it yourself the first two weeks or so, everytime you catch yourself getting down. After that, your brain will do it for you automatically.

Try this. If you haven't seen Dexter, youtube search "surprise motherfucker!". Every time you become aware of your depressed thought, remember that clip. Resolve to laugh at it and find something else to do (exercise is good).

Pretty soon you'll be feeling better and in the future when grief inevitably hits, you'll be surprised how well it works and still kicks in. You might just chuckle at a funeral when Doake's voice says "surprise motherfucker!"
>>
>>17360202
10/10 I'll try this as well hahahahah
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.