[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put downs from parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 340x255px
Almost every time I'm in public with my mother and she's with friends , or mine, she'll make little jokes about me about how dumb I am.
If I struggle to do something she'll laugh to someone that "I'm not very bright" or that "I was never the smart one" or that I was "born blond". I get very defensive over this probably because I lack any self esteem to begin with, and the second I do bite back at her she gets really angry and yells at me that she was joking or fucking with me and that I should take a joke.

Is this normal for a parent? I feel like I'm just overly sensitive and hate it that I get really defensive without helping it.
>>
>>17349618
Shut up, and quit being dumb
>>
>>17349620

Fuck you, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>17349618

It's not ok. If it was a once in a while thing maybe it'd be something you could laugh along with and shrug off. But if it's constant, she knows it bothers/hurts you and she is doing it still then this is something that needs to stop. There is joking and then there is putting down someone's self esteem even more and emotionally abusing them. Tell the cunt to fuck off.
>>
>>17349625
I feel like she might also have self esteem issues, like the only way she can joke with people is by putting herself or her kids down.
>>
>>17349631

Probably. Still, that does not make it ok.
>>
>>17349618
No, this is not what she should be doing. She is making comments that are fucking with your self-esteem.

>>17349631
>I feel like she might also have self esteem issues
This too
>>
>>17349618
Strangely enough my mother used to do a similar thing with me.
>Be a loving,sensitive,quiet kid
>Exemplary behaviour at home and school
>NOT ONCE do I cause mom trouble
>When mom's friends come over they praise mine and my brother's behaviour
>Mom jokes that she had to "Beat it into" us
I feel like my mom just wanted to relate to her friends who had snot nosed little shits for kids.
>>
Just tell her to shut the fuck up jesus how hard can it be
>>
>>17349618

Dude, that's just how women are.

Get used to it, the only way to win this game is not to play, get your own place.
>>
>>17349618
Your mom have low self esteem, and she brings it up by bringing yours down. My mom did this too infront of strangers and family members. It made me feel like shit. She KNEW it hurts yet she kept doing it. So I started doing that too. She did get mad and embarassed, thats what you get. She didnt stop but at least doesnt do it as often anymore.
Maybe once joke about ur mom in return infront of her friends, let her taste her own medicine. If she gets mad, just say u where joking, and shes getting mad without a reason. Do it everytime she jokes about you, maybe she will eventualy get it. I mean, dogs learn simple thing, maybe your mom will be capable as well, maybe. Good luck.
>>
Next time she does it in front of HER friends, reply with, "You're right...too bad I inherited your brains instead of my Dad's. THat will shut her the fuck up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.