[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was diagnosed with autism recently, and I've been struggling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 07-770x425.jpg (60KB, 770x425px) Image search: [Google]
07-770x425.jpg
60KB, 770x425px
I was diagnosed with autism recently, and I've been struggling with self loathing and anxiety and fear my whole life. My therapist said that she recomended the practice of minfulness, to overcome some of my issues. I've become an underachiever (I am in college) and I have dreams but I don't truly feel like doing anything. I'm alone and i feel lost.
I completely welcome any advice you can give.
>>
>>17348455
Cut your hair bald,
go to Nepal,
Be a monk.

Now to think of it, Buddhism is like the ancient psychology doctor.
>>
that is actually a nice idea, but i just want to become a better person here where i am
i have 7 failed assignatures and i want to be able to face that challenge without fear
i want to become an achieving student and a man of effort
>>
So you have been diagnosed with autism but your life will continue on same as before. It's probably difficult for you to shake it off right now but the best thing you can do is a lot of introspection on what you can do to improve the quality of life. If you dont know where to start then id suggest taking a step back and analyze how severe your symptoms are and work on what you feel the most comfortable with, one step at a time. You've got your whole life to work on these things so take each day as an opportunity to improve. Autists are generally more intelligent than your average person so don't think you don't have the power to change, improve, and function like a "normal" person. As for feeling lost and alone, im sure everyone feels that way but reaching out to people really helps. It's a difficult path that's going to take more willpower than anything to bring the change you want. If you aren't exercising/lifting regularly then you MUST start, if not for your overall health then for the perceptual changes that come with it. Having healthy amounts of hormones is essential to getting rid of anxiety, depression, etc. Plus you get gains and that helps with the females and their attention will help self loathing.

Idk where I am taking this cause though I havent been diagnosed with autism, I always felt like the shoe fits with my habits and tendencies. The advice i have given was my approach and I have noticed major shifts in perception and progress over two years after a two year depression period of isolation.
Im not going to go in depth with social skill development because there are just too many possibilities and outcomes but I hope this helps out.
>>
i think that helps
there is a log road ahead
thanks, stranger
>>
>>17348455
My brother has had it pretty bad for his entire life, it's really something you get used to. I understand, anon. I know it may not feel like anybody cares or understands sometimes, and you're right, sometimes they won't understand you. But most of the time you wouldn't be anybody different.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.