[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing a broken relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

how do you repair something with an ex whom loves you and you love too?

we broke up in the first place because things weren't working out and now we're so dependent on each other emotionally that we're still incredibly close friends through our "moving on" process.

which causes a lot of jealousy between us of course.

now recently we had a really bad fight over this issue of moving on to the point where we unfollowed and blocked each other on social media. she texted me saying she wants me to fix it so that we can still be friends.

i'm not sure how to fix it or where to start. i've explained my side of things to her but it isn't enough.
that also includes apologizing.

does anyone have a similar situation or have been through feelings with their ex? or know what are some good ways to heal this for the moment?
>>
>>17346849

if you want to be with her, do a big romantic gesture. if you dont want to be with her, then block her, say 'sorry but we are toxic to eeach other' and dont talk to her for a few years.
>>
>>17346854
This.

You need to make the situation less fluid to more black and white.

A decision needs to be made for both of your well being; BUT keep in mind that you didn't work through problems to break up in the first place.
>>
>>17346849
Your choices are as follows.

Get back together.
It may blow up in your face but at least you will have no regrets whether you stay together or not.

or

Ditch her completely
It will hurt like fuck but ending on your own terms mean you can have the closer

or

Keep in contact
She will eventually move on, you will be overflowing with regret that will haunt you for years. And you will have wasted a lot of your life on a dead end.
>>
>>17346854
is there any other ways?

we both know that we're toxic to each other but we want to get back together in the future after we've had our space. i wish i could be with her but it's been too many times and too messy to be together again currently.

i'm not sure what to do and i just want to be friends.
>>
>>17346872

>is there any other ways?

ways to do what? you literally just dismissed any potential third option.

you either get back together, or you cut out.

you could try this friend thing and accept the toxic and the drama. but two people dont stay best friends while dating other people claiming to one day get back together. thats as toxic as it comes.

its literally just you two being too afraid to move on, comfortable with one another, but not wanting to date and trying to see other people.

unless you guys are ready for an open relationship, it just doesnt work.
>>
>>17346872
Tell her exactly this post. Don't fall for pitiful puppy dog eyes
>>
>>17346876

that's really true, i guess. it's been months now trying to go through this "friends" attempt and it cycles through love and drama and it's really immature.

thanks for the realization. we've actually been going on dates with others but the entire process is just uncomfortable having each other comment about our encounters outside of ourselves.

>>17346854
>>17346849
cutting out is best option but it hurts so fucking bad.

i think for now i'll tell her we need to have some actual space and move on without communicating. she's leaving for a month this summer and will be meeting new people there so maybe it's a good chance for us to try and fall out of loop.
>>
>>17346849
>she texted me saying she wants me to fix it so that we can still be friends
>i've explained my side of things to her but it isn't enough.
that also includes apologizing.

She's trying to wrap you around her finger and make you crawl for her.
I crawled for a girl in my past. Sadly. I walked miles for her when she didn't even take a single step. (figuratively ofc)

OP, In my honest opinion. I don't think she will return the favor if you do everything right. I think she just wants to reassure herself that she's good enough and that you'll do anything for her.

I'm saying this because she wants YOU to fix this. Not "fix it together" or "work on it together".

Pro tip from my experience of numerous other relationships;
Letting go is moving on.
You won't move on until you can stand without her and the only way (unfortunately) is to cut all contact and build yourself up.
Because in the end, only YOU can help YOU.

If you really feel like you must, try something like >>17346854 said.
I would probably just cut my losses though.

I tried to remain friends with an ex once after we had a "nice" ending. It turned sour and bad.
>>
>>17346849
Give it another go, perhaps that's why you can't break up
>>
regarding getting back together, we've actually been on and off for a number of years. it keeps not working when we get back together and our sex life fucking sucks. the only reason we're still together is because of this strong emotional and comfortable bond that we've had being each others best friends while dating.
>>
>>17348336
whoops my post got broken.
this is a reply to >>17347594

and >>17347471
this is incredibly helpful advice.
after i blocked her on those social media sites she still was able to text me and got real pissed off about it. i ignored her for it and eventually she ended up apologizing? for the way she acted.
i would like to cut ties with her. the first time we broke up it ended badly so we got back together, then we broke up again and now things are growing into a horrible deal trying to deal with each others differences.
time to move on with myself i guess.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.