[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't my parents reply?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>Studies Dentistry as undergraduate in non-US country
>Got two Ds for my last semester
>Have said how I don't want to become a dentist in the future
>Parents are very upset and see me as someone heading down the path of a neet
>Now traveling abroad in another country
>Parents send me a message saying how I am commanded to work as dentist
>I say they should let me do what I want as long as I have a stable job
>Mom says dad asks me to work at Starbucks and that there is no such thing as a stable job beyond dentistry for my degree
>Suggested me to drop out of school if I have no interest
>I said what about teaching?
>Neither replied
Why didn't my parents reply? Are they angry?
>>
>>17342683
Well they're right on the quitting thing, why are you keeping studying that of you won't work on that field? Better change now.

University teachers aren't just random people, they have careers on their jobs most of the time, and on top of working there they also teach. Or that's how it works here at least.
>>
Why did you go into Dentistry if you didn't want a career in it?

Depending on what D's are for you (Distinction, or D= 1 grade higher than F). You either did very very well (Dentistry is a hard course), or did horribly. If you did well, I can understand why your parents are disappointed, as you're wasting your talents.

Teaching is such a shitty mediocre job man. You're not going to get payed anything worth your while if you don't have a degree in a field, that you're then teaching in. What a waste of time.

Did your parents pay for your Uni? I'd be pretty pissed off if my investment decided they couldn't be fucked doing Dentistry anymore.
>>
>>17342713
>my investment

eugh.
>>
>>17342709
I am not talking about teaching at uni. More like teaching at high school.
Parents advised me to pick dentistry. In my country Dentistry can be an undergraduate degree and they said I can teach high school and basically do a lot of stuff with it whereas you cannot be a dentist with a Biology degree.
>>17342713
I did horibly. My parents are paying for my uni.
>>
>>17342683
Are they angry? Yes
>>
>>17342729
You dun fucked up son. Should have chosen something useful you enjoyed. If you are too stupid for Universit, quit and get a mcjob or become a builder or something. Society needs scientists and toilet cleaners both.

You could use your crappy degree to teach English abroad. China requires actual experience these days but Cambodia, Laos or maybe Africa would perhaps we low enough for you. Maybe even life changing (or life ending if you didn't keep aware)
>>
>>17342768
This. They are not very happy with your behaviour
>>
>>17342769
>life ending
Keked
>>
Well if your parents were happy, they wont tell you to work at starbucks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.