[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 01_original1392806271.jpg (478KB, 1738x1027px) Image search: [Google]
01_original1392806271.jpg
478KB, 1738x1027px
Is it possible for me to make a Facebook again without inevitably hating it?

I think I've had Facebook probably 8 times now, and I usually end up deleting it completely out of frustration.

I always end up seeing the retarded shit my friends post and it makes me question my friendships with them. I don't think I'm a scholar or anything, but man people take social media seriously.

I hate to say it though, not having it has put a huge dent in my social life, but I do have huge problems with Facebook and their privacy policies, and the whole idea of having your life up on display for everyone to see, regardless of how little information you put up there.

tl;dr Is it worth making facebook again? Lack of social media presence has fucked my social life and I want to meet women and make new friends.
>>
>>17332914
Do what I do, have one but make sure not to read your wall. Only use it to appease people or message. Facebook is trash and the people that enjoy it are usually kind of trash. Not to say I don't love some of those people, they just happen to find retarded shit funny that is repeated by everyone else with that faggot ass laughing emoticon. I always get a urge to kill myself reading through it. So simple, just don't read or participate.
>>
>>17332933
The main reason I want it is because my social life is close to death. People don't text or call anymore, rarely anyway. And when they text it's over Facebook messenger.

I guess I could make an account and only download the messenger app?
>>
>>17332950
That's probably the best way to go desu. No matter what the fb feed is cancer.
>>
>>17332965
I know. Even when I unfollowed people o had that temptation to scroll through their feeds.
>>
>>17332933
Do you ever plan on deleting yours anon?
>>
Bump.

Looking for other peoples opinions.
>>
>>17332914
I'm having the same problem OP.
>>
>>17332914
I follow people you don't care about. Don't download the main app but just the messenger.

Also - you can be friends with people who are more stupid than you. You are with them for their personal qualities, that have nothing to do with their intelligence. Don't stress over it.
>>
>>17333081
*Unfollow people

Stupid fucking phone.
>>
>>17333081
This. At this point I have about 100 friends and I use it mostly to communicate with them and post on music/shitposting/interest pages.
>>
>>17332914
I'm a crazy loner that doesn't socialize at all, and i still have a facebook account.
It's useful sometimes.
I don't understand why people hate it.

Sure i shake my head when i see the kind of brain-dead bullshit people post
>look at my cleavage [985 likes]
>i'm so lonely [100 comments, 300 likes]
>oh my god look at this purse
>look at this wacky pic of me and my bf we're so wacky xD
>look at this awesome meme from 9gag
But it doesn't get me down. They do their thing, and I do mine.

Oh and yes, sometimes girls talk to me on there, so if that's what you're looking for, then you probably need a facebook account.
For example, got a couple messages yesterday night:
>WT: hey anon, guess this is your account, nice to see you here
>PB: hi, how are you
Though this does come with the burden of trying to figure out how to properly respond to attempts at small talk.
>>
>>17333223
I still think I'd hate those kinds of pages
>>
>>17333383
Well if you don't enjoy communities in the first place
>>
>>17333341
Thanks for this anon
>>
>>17333397
Yeah I'm just growing tired of shitposting in general. Everyone just comes online to argue.
>>
>>17333407
Not allncommunities do that. Music oriented ones (if it aint too elitist) are real nice most of the time. Just try to not get into an edgy one.
>>
>>17333498
I'm still procrastinating over it.
>>
My social life is shit but I prefer it that way. Just got back on Facebook, wanted to puke doing it.

It's for marketing purposes though
>>
>>17333553
Are you happy with your decision to use it again after mulling it over?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.