[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk bad decisions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (266KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 1680x1050px
I feel like I'm on the verge of making a really bad financial decision because depression.

I really wanna buy a motorcycle so I can live free, die whenever. Is it possible to hook up a trailer to a cycle or nah? Like in the case I'd have to move
>>
>>17329585
Eh man I did that too when I was 20. Got rear ended, bike totaled, nearly killed through no fault of my own. Just some idiot woman texting and driving.

Get a pickup, you can throw all your shit in it if you need to move or sleep in the bed under the stars if you want.
>>
>>17329589
I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't even your fault. Do pickup trucks run on diesel or gas? I just have a normal ford sedan. I've never driven something on diesel before
>>
i bought a motorbike when i was my poorest ever

i think it really lifted me out of a mental funk and the financial demand of motorcycles since then (i now own 5) has kept me going on a pretty happy, productive tract

don't get me wrong, when they get fucked up you'll also be fucked up but if it's what you enjoy, it's worth it
>>
I bought a motorcycle 2 years ago during a deep depression I'm still working my way through.

Please don't make this decision for the wrong reasons. I love my bike but I know getting on it without being diligent about my safety is negligent to myself and to the people around me. That is the exact opposite of the actions someone struggling through depression should be taking.

Riding does feel like freedom. Like when you were a kid and rode a bicycle by yourself the first time. But you're older know and you know what it's like to be hurt. Don't bring that on yourself on some romanticized view of what a bike will do for you; you'll still feel trapped emotionally, except now you're on two wheels going 70 mph.

Free your heart first man, get the bike later if you still want it.
>>
>>17329616
I really like this post. Being negligent to safety also puts others in danger. I don't want to be that person that causes an accident, getting others hurt because of my stupidity.

You're right, this won't help me at all.
Thanks for talking me out of it guys.

I just have this fat stack of dosh I'm sitting on, because I intended to use it to move to my long distance boyfriend, but now that we broke up, I really don't know what to do with it
>>
>>17329621
>>17329616
a bike will likely only kill you

they are of negligent danger to others compared to all other types of transport
>>
>>17329585
I got a bike when I was in graduate school and there were no helmet laws. Nothing like the g-force of twisting the handle throttle, leaping forward and the wind whistling by. Drove through the Virginia countryside. Beautiful. Rarely saw anyone else.

Years later got another one to recapture the feeling. Helmet ruins it. Plus, being older. I am more worried about being hit or going down and erasing the road with my face, spinal injuries, etc. I can't walk on roofs anymore either. Getting old is a bitch.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.