[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

they think I don't like them - social anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm a college student and have some strange behaviours because of my social anxiety, trust issues and light depression. I think I gave some people in my class the impression I don't like them. Now they have formed a circle and know each other. I distanced myself for 4 semesters. I did that, because some of them are very eccentric and inttelectual. I was scared of meeting yet again more freaks and felt intellectually inferior. And I grew up in another country and am mixed, but nobody notices that until I say it. That makes me feel different as well. Well, now I regret having been like this.
How can I work this out? I am still scared, because they are so smart and even nerdy an exepctional personalities, I feel inferior
>>
>>17310934
>implying they are not as stupid as you
OP they are faking it and you believed them.
Don't feel inferior to people; everyone is an idiot.
You are just an idiot that is bad socially and they are idiots that can lie.
>>
>>17310934
>I think I gave some people in my class the impression I don't like them. Now they have formed a circle and know each other.
Story of my childhood throughout all 12 grades.

>distanced myself for 4 semesters. I did that, because some of them are very eccentric and inttelectual.
Bullshit, if they were then they'd be like you.
>>
>>17310934
chances are if youre that sensitive to their feelings they probably dont like you because youre too nice and boring and smart
>>
>>17310934
>Pick the one you like the most.
> talk to him/her.
> ask this persons what his hobbys are.
"Hey anon, are you doing anything interresting this summer"
> ask if you can do shit together.
"Wow, this party looks sick. Maybe I'm going too"
"Oh shit, you play x too? What level are you, maybe we can duo sometime"
> wait for an invitation or invite yourself.
> if yes, congratz, you just made a friend.
> if it's a def no, move on to the next person.

But imo if you just work on improving yourself, people will start to notice and want to befriend you (if you're not intimidating).
Focus on your study, working out, getting a gf, etc. and talk to your classmates about what you're doing, but don't brag.
>>
>>17310934
You are right that shyness can often look like unfriendliness from the outside. What you have working for you is the fact that they didn't actually reject you, but thought you rejected them, and therefore may well be very happy to welcome you into the circle.

Simple confession might be your entry. Pick the most open of the group and say "I know you've got the impression I dislike you guys, but that isn't true. I'm just terminally shy, and couldn't bring myself to connect with anyone. I'm trying to change that, and if you guys will have me, I'd like to join your circle."
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.