[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neighbor freaked out by guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: fisto.jpg (24KB, 373x375px) Image search: [Google]
fisto.jpg
24KB, 373x375px
So, I just moved into a new house. Had a barbecue, invited some friends and the neighbors for a couple of houses down on either side and across the alley over. Everyone is having a good time. Good beer, good food, good conversation. Giving a tour of the house to one of the neighbors and he sees an empty holster sitting on a table (I was drinking so all the guns were locked up). He asked what it was, I told him, suddenly it was like I'd fucked his dog in front of his kids. He lectured me in my own home, made a scene, gathered up his wife and kids, and left. His wife called my wife the next day to apologize (they'd hit it off). Should I try talking to him? I can't think of what I'd apologize for but I can swallow my pride in the name of neighborly relations.

Part of the issue is that I genuinely cannot see his issue. I don't really know anyone who is stridently anti-gun.
>>
File: 1448436153845.jpg (1MB, 1280x1918px) Image search: [Google]
1448436153845.jpg
1MB, 1280x1918px
>>17307735
Tell that carpetbagger scum the south will rise again
>>
>>17307741
Dude, we're in Chicago.
>>
File: facelessone.jpg (18KB, 590x303px) Image search: [Google]
facelessone.jpg
18KB, 590x303px
>>17307743
Tell him you need to defend yourself against yard apes
>>
>>17307751
Wrong neighborhood.
>>
The Prob may be that he isnt Anti Gun and is instead just a victim of PTSD or something. However if he is Anti Gun just apologize cause he is not changing his mind anytime soon just be the Adult in the room. I am a Pro Gun conservative my self so its best to just hold back the argument otherwise you will have a hateful neighbor
>>
Don't apologize to him like a cuck. The man insulted you in your own home after being more than cordial with him.
>>
>>17307786
Thats what I'm leaning towards. Just not sure what I'll be apologizing for. As for PTSD, I feel like his wife would have mentioned it or I would have read it.

>>17307787
Be an adult.
>>
I'd say it's 99% unexpected/unfamiliarity that caused the freak out. I would avoid showing the gun off, but talk to him. It's probably first hand brainwashing you're dealing with.
>>
>>17307735
If a man came into my house and lectured me about something like that he better expect to hear my point of view in turn. I hope you didn't just stand there and take it like a pussy. The fact is it is legal to own, you are a grown adult, and it sounds like you are being responsible and safe. I wouldn't apologize, but rather initiate a deeper conversation and if need be, agree to disagree. "Hey, I wanted to talk about what happened during the party. It is obvious we have differing opinions about gun ownership and I wanted to discuss it like rationale people so we have a better understanding of one another". If he can't be reasonable and understand that you are entitled to your beliefs in your own home with respect to local laws, then I'd just keep the relationship respectful as neighbors, but nothing beyond that.
>>
The guy was completely out of line, which is why his wife called to apologize, she could even see it was out of line. I don't think you need to apologize for anything, unless you didn't have the gun locked up.

This coming from a generally anti-gun guy. He's more extreme anti-gun than I've ever seen.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.