[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong for me as a male to prefer working with a female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (15KB, 267x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 267x178px
Is it wrong for me as a male to prefer working with a female therapist? I was told today I was assigned with a male therapist and I requested to see someone else hoping to get a female. I feel guilty about this like I'm sexist even though I'm male myself. I just prefer having a women's perspective and opinion. I feel more comfortable talking about the PTSD from my sexual assault with women than men. I just feel like an asshole right now and I don't know why.
>>
>>17307538
This sort of shit happens in the medical field all the time. Some women want a male gyno, some women want a female gyno. If you find it easier to open up to a female therapist, that's just your preference, there's nothing sexist about it. Though, you should probably be more clear about your preference instead of just dicking around with it.
>>
>>17307557
But it's considered rude to come out and say those things. I just don't want to offend or be an asshole to anyone.
>>
Dunno, I feel more comfortable talking to a male therapist as a girl.. But my issues are with my mom, and the one time I had a female therapist she put me on edge. Felt like I had to be defensive, and not sure how much of it was in my head.

And it's not wrong. They're paid to help you. If you're not going to be comfortable talking to someone, that just means paying for a bunch more sessions before you're even okay opening up. Why set up more obstacles?
>>
Like anon said, this is common. I couldn't open up to some therapist because he was male, I wasn't going to share girl problems with some fag I've never met before, but I did with a woman
>>
>>17307538
Maybe it has something to do with the subconscious competition you have with other people of your gender. I didn't like having a male therapist because I was concerned he was judging me as a man. Never did go back to therapy after that. Now I'm probably depressed and have no desire to get it diagnosed!
>>
>>17307564
medical field is pretty strictly professional in most western countries. They are not allowed to talk about it to someone else and it's not their job to give you education or make you the perfect person, their job is to solve your problem. thats it, they dont get paid for anything else.
>>
>>17307538
A lot of men have a hard time opening up to other men. I'm sure they know this and are ready for this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.