[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a person overcome fears and anxieties about the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: yoda-dying.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-dying.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
How does a person overcome fears and anxieties about the future?
>>
>>17302607
Live for the present.
>>
>>17302607
I think what you are looking for is faith.
You have to have faith in yourself, that everything will work out at the end. This doesn't mean that everything will be good. It means that when shit hits the fan, you'll be able to handle it.
E.g. worst case scenario you land on the street, homeless. You have to have faith in yourself, that you'll react to this situation by working your ass off looking for a job.

Most fears come from parents. Are you scared of being homeless or are you scared how your parents will feel when you are homeless?
>>
>>17302607
Just remember, no matter what you may accomplish, may possess, or may experience in your life, you'll be dead by the end of it.
>>
right now is all there is.
everything else is an illusion
>>
>>17302607
Mediate for three minutes at a time whenever you feel anxious about the future. Close your eyes and focus on breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly. Think about everything you have done that day, from waking up to brushing your teeth to what you ate. Don't think about the future or what you have to do later that day.

When your timer ends your short session you should often find you could have sat for longer. By all means, set another three minutes but if you feel calmed at all continue your day as usual.

Having short mediation session greatly refocus me while I am working on anything that causes me to think about the future
>>
>>17302718
/thread
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.