[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work In College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1463960222270.jpg (107KB, 1080x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463960222270.jpg
107KB, 1080x960px
I just finished my first semester of college for my computer science degree, which I worked a 16 hour pw job through.

However I'm thinking I might not work from now on. It's mentally breaking me, and the hours of it (5-8pm 5 days a week) are exactly when I would/should be studying. I also think that studying harder and being better at programming will benefit me more later than working throughout college would.

But I'm worried though that not working will make others look down on me, or maybe make it harder for me to get a job after college. I will also have more student debt.

So which option is better? Keep working or quit my job and focus on my degree? Which did you do?

Thanks in advance.
>>
How heavy is your course load that it kills you to have to work those hours?
>>
>>17298897
It doesn't kill me
I could and would do it if the job was relating to my course or fun but its not.

When I get home at about 9 every night I just have dinner and then go to bed because I'm tired, and if I wasn't working I could spend all that time studying.
>>
>>17298861
Go double up on classes and graduate faster. If you finish a semester faster the 3 months of big boy pay will overshadow the amount of minimum wage you'll make working part time for the next several years.
>>
>>17298861
I like the picture OP, not your blabbering.
>>
don't bother working in college unless its related to your degree or you're desperate for money (have no credit to live off of)
>>
youre just retarded. college gets harder not easier. youre first (maybe second not sure how CS works) should be easy as fuck. i would load up on the next semester and take as many as you can in the summer
>>
>>17298861
>dat pic
thicc/10 would bang
>>
>>17298912
Well then start studying and stay up until midnight. Sleep less. Don't stop working. You need a job to eat, let alone look good on resume's (after graduation employers demand good degrees but only actually care about/pay attention to relevant and consistent employment and internships on to of it).

tl;dr: It's supposed to be hard. Anyone who says college is a time to be free, have fun, and explore is either delusional or a daddy money trust fund baby that doesn't need to be in college in the first place.
>>
>>17299569
>>17299277
That's the thing its not related to my degree. So it isnt relevant, just boring long hours in a call centre
I do study and could stay up til midnight often but fucking why should I have to? I could get way better grades if I didn't
I have credit to live off, I'd rather just pay it off with a job I enjoy later
>>
>>17298861
Can't you become a TA?
>>
>>17298861
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.