[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice about... 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (207KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
207KB, 640x1136px
I'm new to 4chan, and have ?'s

1) How do I keep track of the threads I make or comment on?

2) how do I reply to specific people in threads?
>>
4chan doesn't have a thread tracker function
>>
>>17292341
If you are on mobile you can bookmark the threads you want to visit later. Not sure on pc
>>
So if I made a thread that people replied to, how would I find it again? I'm literally refreshing this one
>>
Also, when I posted on /b/, my thread got deleted/was not found. Why?
>>
>>17292351
Threads on /b/ don't get saved or archived newfriend.
>>
So does it get deleted if nobody replies? Or does everyone's get deleted after a certain time?
>>
>>17292364
Yes, after a certain amount of time it gets removed. But if you post on a different board for example this one, your thread will be archived and will stay up for a good amount of time.
>>
>>17292364
Threads get deleted after no response for a long period of time, signifying a lack/loss of interest from the rest of the board.

To keep track of a thread, just keep a tab open with it. If you delete the tab, search for it in the catalog. There is a search function at the top right.

Some boards have archives. These store a large amount of threads that have been lost or deleted. Archived threads can be read but not responded to.

To reply to people in threads, enter a ">>" without quotations marks, followed by the number of their post.

The post I'm responding to now is 17292364. To respond exactly, I will type >>17292364. Alternatively, you can just click on the number located on the post.
>>
>>17292386
Oh okay. I understand now. Thank you. /b/ just called me a newfag as expected.
>>
>>17292386
Also, to add to this, don't post too much. /adv/ is generally a safe board, but you'll just make yourself look like a jackass unless you know proper etiquette. Essentially, lurk more. Lurk until you can't lurk anymore.

Also, do not post explicit material on boards that have a blueish tint to them. They are considered to be worksafe. Posting nudity or violence on blue boards can get you temporarily banned.

Yellow boards, using the Yotsuba A style are not safe for work, and can have just about anything you can think of posted there.
>>
>>17292396
You seem nice, why go to /b/?
>>
>>17292396
/b/ is a shithole

/adv/ is a shithole too, but of a much different sort
>>
>>17292406
Because it's fun. Still learning though. Why can't I reply to some threads? Or Are they replies that show from the thread above?
>>
>>17292343
Don't listen to this dumbass

The thread tracker is in the settings, to track a thread you click the little clover button next to a thread. If someone directly replies to you, the thread will be in italic font. If there's new posts. Bold.
>>
>>17292510
Im on
Mobile. What clover?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.