[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing a friendship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 3473573773.jpg (184KB, 915x610px) Image search: [Google]
3473573773.jpg
184KB, 915x610px
I have a female friend from college. I think she likes me but I have a gf and she has a bf (so obviously nothing comes of it). A few weeks ago she opened up to me about all of her personal problems and went into some really deep stuff. Ever since that day she's been cold and distant. She has hardly messaged me since (she used to send me messages every day). I like her as a friend and really value her friendship so I'm kinda disappointed the friendship has seemed to stop. I was understanding and non-judgmental towards her in regard the the problems she opened up to me about.

Any ideas why the friendship seems to be over/why she has been distant and cold all of a sudden?
>>
Have you tried asking her?
>>
>>17291666

Satanic trips don't lie
>>
>>17291666
I haven't, I'd feel awkward asking her desu
>>
>>17291668
If you're both in a relationship and it's clear nothing is going to happen but she has feelings for you she's probably just trying to distance herself from her emotions and by proxy you. If you want to know for sure you're going to have to ask.
>>
It's no rocket science. She distances herself from you to protect herself from (more) heartbreak. Probably realized it was unfair to her boyfriend to have someone in her life she thought about that way. Let her go.
>>
>>17291660
If there's sexual tension on both sides then honestly neither of you are truly happy with your partners, you may see and say how amazing your gf is, but your friend obvious revved one of your engines, she's opened up to you and possibly feels stupid for doing so. Reassure her of where you stand wherever that may be. Chances are she's confused, you've been there for one another and supported each other you can't let that slip away. From experience you may have one of the most magical relationships in the making but not every one is the same. Only you can be the deciding vote in what you do. It's clear she means a lot to you by how much this has bothered you, but only you can decide how much.
>>
>>17291700
>>17291704
I possibly thought this, but I've been friends with her for over a year so why wouldn't she have distanced herself for this reason sooner? Idk

>>17291710
I think there is a bit of sexual tension but I'd never act on it. I am happy with my GF, very much so. I think its normal to still have attraction to the opposite sex in a relationship its just you can't act on it out of respect for your relationship. I hope she doesn't feel stupid for opening up, I think she sent me a message afterwards like 'hope that wasn't too much' and I reassured her its fine and I am understanding. I wouldn't say I'm hugely close to this person, or great friends, but its just a friendship I value and I'd be/am dissapointed for it to fade away
>>
>>17291813
Feelings take time to develop, plus if you were clearly taken there's a possibility she's just waiting for her chance. She may also value your friendship but the position she's in would be hard to bare, she tried to but it may have gotten too much.
>>
>>17291813
She can have lied to herself for a long while to save your friendship, and recently opened her eyes. Or her feelings grew and while it used to be a harmless crush, it is now hurting her to be around you but not with you.
>>
>>17291823
>>17291837
Thankyou for your input anons, I tend to agree. A few times after she's been out drinking at night I get a 3am missed call on fb (the call button in chat is right next to go to profile button) which means she's trying to stalk my profile at 3am. She once told me 'you're like my bf but just more fun'. When I think back to it, before she went cold/distant she was constantly messaging me, it increased heaps and started becoming more personal
>>
>>17291660
>I have a female friend

Stopped reading there.

She doesn't like you, you have no chance, etc. etc.

We have 5 threads like this per day.
>>
>>17291855
I don't care if she likes me romantically. Next time read the OP before you make yourself look like an idiot again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.