[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he too clingy, or am I a bitch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 17

File: guy.jpg (49KB, 512x310px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
49KB, 512x310px
>meet guy on tinder
>chat a bit, go to texting
>he asks me to delete tinder for him, I agree (I don't really care about tinder)
Before the first date, he
>calls me to speak for about an hour every night
>plans date 1, 2, and 3
>talks about his abandonment issues
>wants me to meet his parents
>talks about how many kids he wants, calls me wife material
>finds me on instagram and Facebook

after the first and second dates, he's trying to get me to take a picture of him to put on my instagram feed, and is trying to get me to call him my boyfriend. He is sweet, successful in life (good job, and working towards a satisfying career). He is cleanly, a great musician, and all in all a good guy. Yet I dread talking to him and really just want to cut him off. But I feel too guilty for doing that to him, and can't think of what to say, or how to justify it.

Help, please? This is the second guy I've ever dated!
>>
>>17288227
He knows that he wants a wife. You don't want that. Stop wasting both your times, cut him off.
>>
>>17288227
Why can't you just sack up and marey him, whore?

>MUH YOLO
>MUH CAROUSEL
>MUH MEAT FLAPS
>>
>>17288227
You're fucked in the head.

Sounds like he is too.

Perfect match!
>>
>>17288236
Thanks, that's actually really helpful.
>>17288242
>implying marrying someone you barely met isn't the epitome of YOLO
>>
>>17288227
Femanon here, you need to end it with him. He asked you to delete your account before the two of you were exclusive? That's just fucking controlling and weird. Everyone has a right to shop around while they're still dating, men and women. And asking you to post a picture of him? Fucking weird. Drop him.

It's THIS kind of controlling perokn that gets abusive later in life hun. I really mean it.
>why are you leaving the house?
>why are you wearing that?
>why haven't you texted me back?
>where are you?
>who are you talking to?
Or worse.
>>
>>17288247
How is she fucked in the head? Stupid.
>>
>>17288251
>he's trying to keep you from embracing your whore nature
>go out and suck as many dicks as possible while looking for a nice stable relationship

All of this whore logic...I can't...
>>
>>17288259
/r9k/ really fucks ya in the head huh?
>>
>>17288259
>All this bitter angry sexually unattractive male logic
>I can't have my pick of the litter so no one else should otherwise ur a whore :'(
>>
>>17288251
Thank you, thank you. That sounds really scary. He has made little comments when it takes me a long time to text back, but he also says things like "it's ok, you're allowed to have friends" when I go hang with my buddies... but it's like, I don't feel like he needs to have any say in the matter yet, since we hardly know each other! We've been one-on-one and he hadn't been handsy or anything, either. But I do think he sees me as way more wifey than I truly am.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1431668630835.jpg (28KB, 286x549px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1431668630835.jpg
28KB, 286x549px
>>17288259
>>
>>17288268
>ALLOWED to have friends
If those were his words exactly, that's pretty scary desu. He has no say on your life whatsoever yet.

Yeah this guy has some problems. You alteafy said he has abandonment issues so I'm sure you can immagine how he'll only be worse as time goes on.
>>
>>17288227
Okay first of all, you need to cut him off ASAP because you don't have the same intentions, second, he is a little fucking weird and creepy...really weird actually. Yeah, he's just a strange person.
>>
>>17288251
Kill yourself, Holy Christ, fucking kill yourself. Way to ride the slippery slope you dumb whore. Kill yourself immediately. Yeah, he's weird, but you need to calm the fuck down. You don't know nearly enough to say that much about him and from what you do know would actually suggest the opposite
>>
>>17288283
>>
>>17288273

Surely the best way to deal with people who have abandonment issues, is to in fact, abandon them

Daily reminder this is why school shooters exist
>>
>>17288273
Yeah that is scary but the only justification I can think if is that he didn't mean it like that but the wording came off like that which is very possible. He probably could have meant "Oh, of course you're going out with friends, I can't complain about that, it's your right" but worded it like that because it was shortest. He might've just meant allowed as in to tell her he's not going to complain about that.
>>
>>17288288
Why should OP make the guy her responsibility? Don't be asinine. OP, cut him off.
>>
>>17288288
Yeah, cuz we're all here to coddle the guy we went on a couple of dates with.

In fact, she should spend her precious minutes, hours, years, making up for this stranger's childhood issues and wasting her life in the process. That makes complete sense. Why have I never thought of this before.>>17288289
>>
>>17288273
>>17288275
Yes, direct quote! Ok, I'm kind of glad it's not all in my head, and his words are indeed a bit much. And now I know how to phrase it as if it's not something he is doing wrong, but nicely.

>>17288283
You aren't adding anything to the discussion; please stop posting in this thread.

>>17288288
Yes, I am worried about hurting him! It is easy to do so, when he makes himself completely open so quickly, and expects the same from me. And he knows I'm a bad girl (smoke, tats, stay up late) but still sees me as wife material.. strange, a bit.

>>17288289
I hope you are right! You full well might be. I hate that I need to make excuses not to talk to him though, I really do. If I'm just home, he assumes that I will text back/be available to call anytime.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px)
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>17288295
Oops, didn't mean to quote that at the end there.
>>
>>17288292

She had the desire to be with him if she went on the dates

Now she's complaining about him even though she was uncomfortable beforehand

Its called leading someone on

I'm not surprised because shes a Tinder whore incapable of human compassion with an insatiable hunger for human cocks
>>
>>17288302
In the world of dating, nobody likes to be imposed on. Not a single person. Quit being weird about this man.
>>
>>17288304
She was aware of the situation and continued

Stop riding her cock, faggot
>>
File: 1417890771329.jpg (31KB, 625x626px)
1417890771329.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>17288302
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post all of my bait pictures. I have a LOT more if you wanna keep going at it.
>>
>>17288302
>>17288309
I am really impressed with you ability to incorporate cocks into every element of human interactions. Even the girls have cocks! Wow! I bet Freud would just love you ;)
>>
File: Bloody Deanerys.jpg (104KB, 612x612px)
Bloody Deanerys.jpg
104KB, 612x612px
>>17288311
You got that Warhammer bait pic my nigga?
>>
File: 1412708154556.png (9KB, 725x610px)
1412708154556.png
9KB, 725x610px
>>17288309
Well she might as well spend her whole life with him now with that logic.

I didn't know 2 or 3 dates locked someone down. Thanks for informing us.
>>
File: 1466435909868.png (849KB, 1024x640px)
1466435909868.png
849KB, 1024x640px
>>17288313
Freud was a faggot who probably loved cock more than I do

For the record, feminine dicks only
>>
>>17288309
Where the fuck do you live that 2 dates is equivalent to locking down a marriage?
>>
File: 1408754054925.jpg (113KB, 756x1100px)
1408754054925.jpg
113KB, 756x1100px
>>17288314
Naw but I got Berserk Bait
>>
>>17288315
Who would want to spend the rest of their life with a retard like this?

Reminds me of people who order a meal, finish 3/4ths of it and then demand a refund because it was awful

Personally, I think they should be hanged, drawn and quartered for public entertainment
>>
>>17288323
That aliasing is really triggering me
>>
>>17288325
Well yeah but that's a weak comparison. Food people are just shitty obviously.

But it really does take a 2 or 3 dates to kinda figure out as least HALF of who someone is. And that's really understating things. That isn't leading someone on, it's called giving them a chance.

Hell, it takes years to really know who someone is deep down.
>>
>>17288337
So if you smelled a dish and it smelled like shit would you think

WHOA THIS COULD BE DELICIOUS LET ME GIVE IT A CHANCE!
>>
>>17288341
If you had bothered to read the thread, you'd see that this guy had enough great qualities that it was easy to justify his clinginess. At that, I don't have a lot of dating/romantic experience with guys, this is the second guy I've dated ever. So forgive me if I'm a bit uncertain about what's normal and what isn't. It's why I asked here.
>>
File: 1409292901065.jpg (100KB, 1016x970px)
1409292901065.jpg
100KB, 1016x970px
>>17288341
But what if you got a burger that looked really hype on the outside

But when you cut into it, it was really undercooked.

Is this the warhammer bait?
>>
>>17288342
Great qualities doesn't justify being fucked in the head. A guy who ties you to himself, makes decisions for you, and talks about marriage, BEFORE the first date is kind of fucked in the head. That level of insecurity negates good qualities because it makes having a healthy relationship impossible.
>>
>>17288343
>undercooked

I bet you eat steak well-done jabroni

and yes, that is it
>>
>>17288343
You call the waiter and tell him to put it back on the grill, and be sure to speak up on how you want it cooked this time.
>>
>all those salty men ITT

Leave him, OP, getting this clingy this early in your relationship is a huge red flag. He will attempt to control you. In fact, him speaking about his abandonment issues etc. stinks of guilt tripping. I think he knows very well what he's doing.
>>
>>17288347
Nah, medium-rare master race.
>>
File: 1466753793937.png (279KB, 737x721px)
1466753793937.png
279KB, 737x721px
>>17288350
>implying women on Tinder have any value

I'd rather fuck a corpse
>>
>>17288350
These are all valid points.
>>
>>17288227
He's clingy as fuck

> deleting tinder
Shouldn't be a problem if you're exclusive

> wife material and kids
It's up to you to evaluate if this is scary or not

> hours on the phone every day
No fucking way i'd agree to this. This screams clinginess louder than something... loud and clingy. Agree to it, find a compromise, or bail. If you like him, and want to stay, tell him that the phone thing is overly clingy (which it is) and that you fear that you'll end up exhausting your talking points too fast (which is true). Sugested compromise: text at least daily instead.
>>
File: 1434328344052.png (82KB, 500x501px)
1434328344052.png
82KB, 500x501px
>>17288355
That's way too wide of a statement.

Are a lot of women on tinder shit tier? Eh, yeah desu. But not ALL of them.
>>
>>17288350
>not putting salt on your beef of choice
>40% of the world iodine deficient

:^)
>>
>>17288355
That's probably the closest you'll ever get to a female T B H
>>
>>17288358

If you hang out in a place for whores, you're a whore

I know that's common knowledge about women anyway but sometimes you just gotta name the jew you know?
>>
>>17288227
>>finds me on instagram and Facebook
is that... bad?
i do that with everyone i meet out of curiosity, im pretty sure everyone else does too
>>
>>17288362
Well if I had to chose a corpse it'd probably be someone like Emma Watson so I know her soul will be desecrated on the way to the next world
>>
>>17288365
In general, I prefer to add a person on fb/insta at least after the second date. It's fine to find them, but it's sort of weird to add them and start messaging them on mediums that they didn't give to you willingly.
>>
>>17288365
It's a little weird if it's out of the blue. You gotta have a few good conversations with them first before doing that.
>>
>>17288370
Ha! I like you, anon. You kinda seem like an asshole, but the entertaining sort. Too bad you're a fucking tripfag.
>>
>>17288365
Seconding this, I added the girl I'm currently seeing after meeting her and made plans for the first and second date over fb.
Is it really weird?
>>
>>17288424
I'd say it's weird in conjunction with the other stuff the guy did.
>>
>>17288348
Underrated post.

OP tell dat boi he's putting you off by being to clingy. Tell him to sort his shit out and that he has a chance if he does (if this is still the case).
>>
>>17288255
letting him get through with such a load of crap, she sounds pretty much liek a depressed self loathing doormat
>>
>people don't think he's acting fucking weird

He's creepy and I say that as a fellow dude who can get attached to girls to a pretty creepy extent as well (like buying random small gifts even though we're just friends, just because I saw something at a store and thought she'll like it). That should say something.
You're not a bitch, rather than that you're not assertive enough.

Well, OP, there are a few ways to deal with this situation.

Recommended:
Tell him about your concerns. Say it's weird to talk about stuff like abandonment issues, marriage and meeting his parents before the first date. Explain you need to know him before you can get in an official relationship. Talking online and knowing things about each other isn't equivalent to knowing and normal people wait before they make commitment.
If he's sweet he should understand. If he keeps giving you excuses, tell him it's a huge turn-off and that more than abandonment issues, he has issues with getting attached way too fast because he doesn't even know you that well and yet he's desperate to get you to be exclusive. That may end up being disappointing for both of you even if you play along.

Less recommended:
Try to be more delicate in showing him you're uncomfortable with how he's asking. He doesn't seem like a particularly perceptive dude though, probably lacks empathy quite a bit if he tells you about his issues but doesn't realize it makes you uncomfortable. Better to say it all straight.

Not recommended:
Cut him off without explanation/saying he's way too clingy. It may lead to problems for both of you. He'll be hurt much more than he'd be if you explained the situation to him, and may stalk you or something. You don't want that.
Leaving it as it is isn't recommended either.
>>
It's simple. He's giving you too much attention and you don't like it because you're female. You might not admit that but it's the way it is. If you had to chase him you'd love it or if he would start being an ass just once and a while.
>>
>>17288251
Im a guy, and i agree with her

Ive seen it happen, my buddy is controlling like that to his gf, and only made their relationshit three orders of magnitude worse than it already was from the get go

Witnessed the same thing,from a coworker. He would call and text his wife and pretty much interrogate her,everyday. No one should live like that. You should feel the need to be,with this guy because you enjoy time with him, not because he tells you to do so
>>
>>17288737
With that said this guy sounds pretty fucked up so you're right to run.
>>
>>17288227

He has abandonment issues, you have engulfment issues.

I'll quit the cheap psychoanalysis and cut to the solution: give him a month or two, and his cling-iness will disappear. It only happens at the beginning when he feels insecure about the relationship.
>>
>>17288375
Tis a pity

These shores were made for reaving
>>
>>17288227
Dude sounds like he's thinking 5 years down the road rather than on your date

He doesn't even know you like that, I'd be pretty miffed if someone thought they could tell me to do anything if I haven't even met them yet?
>>
>>17288901
>ending that statement with a question mark

Yet another candidate for sterilization
>>
>>17288227
I think you should share your expectations of the relationship. He's clearly saying his, are you encouraging it or even being neutral? For some reason, he thinks what he's saying is okay to say. Not saying it's your fault he's clingy, but communication is off or he's just crazy.

If you don't want to necessarily end things, I'd say to talk to him about slowing things down. How this is moving too fast and the talk of marriage and even a relationship is looking too much into the future.

If you don't want to date him anymore. Just clearly break it off and block if you have to.
>>
>>17288906
Your mom should've been sterilized.
Cunt.
>>
>>17288906
Hey man you forgot to take your trip off?
>>
>>17288227
Do you think he's relationship potential otherwise? Hell, do you think this is something that can be worked on? They say people cannot change in a relationship but I disagree - I think it's totally possible for people to establish their needs and have their partners compromise for them (mutually, of course). Nobody wants to do this, they want it to be "natural" and easy. But I think you can build compatibility and strengthen a relationship, if you take someone and "train" them, and not put up with things that bother you.

And are you seeing other people? What exactly do you want to get from seeing others? Are you looking for a good match, or are you just having fun meeting people? Are you just hoping to meet somebody who meets virtually all of your expectations without ever having to tell them what you want? Because as nice as that'd be, it may never happen.
>>
>>17288227
Just don't let him have hight expectations about you. If you don't want him the same way he wants you, say it.
>>
>>17288251
This. Serious alarm bells are ringing. If he's already this clingy, it only gets worse from here on.
>>
>>17288227
You are wasting his time, the later it will be the angrier you'll make him.

Have some respect for the guy and his time.
>>
>>17289097
>have some respect for this guy and his time
Meanwhile, he shows no respect for the op and her time
>>
OP, you text him and send him a message saying something along the lines of, "I've enjoyed our time together, but I do not think we are compatible for reasons x, y and z. I am sorry if this have caught you off guard but I believe that it is best to be honest with you." Then do not speak to him again. Do not try to be friends.
>>
That's incredibly clingy and weird/stalkerish. Will only get worse the more you know him. He can't even hide his power level on the 2nd date.

t. moderately obsessive/stalkerish guy who would never do that shit.
>>
>>17288227
Clingy as fuck. Just be honest and let him know that he is going too fast (or leave his ass on the street if you want that)
But yeah, he needs to chill
>>
>>17289320
>respect for women

Oh, my blue pilled brother, you have much to learn!
>>
Coming from a guy, back out. These are bad signs already. The moment he asked you to delete the account before you even have your first date was a sign. He is being worse than clingy, he is trying to control you before a relationship has even started
>>
File: 1436748348466.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436748348466.png
148KB, 300x300px
From reading this thread, Imperial Arms Pegasus is an attention whoring retard that probably is on the severe end of the spectrum.
My guess is it's a 16 year old child who can't get a date because he's too ugly and autistic.
>>
>>17290287
Spoiler: IAP is the guy
>>
File: readImage.jpg (27KB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
27KB, 490x275px
>>17290287
wow super original upvoted
>>
>>17288242

Fuck you for projecting your shit, kid
>>
>>17290685
Don't fucking abbreviate my name it IAP
I sound like STD now
>>
He is a headcase so run. I met a guy on POF like this (way too similar in fact) and he came on way too strong, especially after the 2nd date.
When I decided I didn't want to continue because he was too clingy, he went insane. Just be careful, creeps like this usually stalk and harass after you cut them loose. I say break it off asap but be careful.
>>
The 2 of you are looking for different shit.

Also that's insanely fast to be making any sort of request like that. He asked you to delete that stuff after 1 date? You barely even know a person after 1 date. Unless the goal is just sex and you're both on that same page, that isn't enough time to be making requests.
>>
If you're not happy now with how he is, that likely won't change. I'd bail.
>>
>>17288227
He sounds creepy as hell. Dump his ass and find someone who will take the time to really get to know you before he starts talking about kids.

This guy doesn't sound like he wants you, he wants someone or anyone because he's lonely and desperate. Get as far away from that guy as you can. He sounds like a potential stalker. Cut him off.
>>
>>17290685
That's gay dude. Just call him Pegasus like the rest of us.
>>
>>17288242
>>17288247
>>17288259
>>17288283
>>17288302
>>17288309
>>17288316
>>17288325
>>17288341
>>17288355
>>17288363
>>17289097
>>17289669
Look outside, I know that you'll recognize,
it's summertime~
>>
>wife material

He almost certainly browses 4chan, and is probably autistic
>>
File: 1466877424965.gif (3MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1466877424965.gif
3MB, 500x260px
>>17292269
all me
>>
>>17292291
What happened to getting banned to cure you're depression/4chan addiction?
>>
Wait you mean girls don't like being suffocated and guilted into relationships? Women are all whores man.
>>
>>17288227
Simple answer, you're a bitch. An ungrateful bitch at that.
>>
>>17288275
>>17288283
>>17288292
>>17288350
>>17288350
>>17288357
>>17288901
>>17289061
>>17289320
>>17289345
>>17289353
>>17289654
>>17290196
>>17291300
>>17288251
>>17291993
>>17288255
>>17288273
>>17288275
All of you are just fucking horrible. That's why real relationships almost don't exist anymore. Shitty mindsets like that prevent relationship growth and stability.
>>
>>17292557
t. khv
>>
File: 1466877309242.jpg (106KB, 500x281px)
1466877309242.jpg
106KB, 500x281px
>>17292486
I'm cured

Now I just do it for free

Finna play some Black Flag on PS4 soon tho after my food is done
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.