[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am considering going to Alaska, exactly like Into The Wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

I am considering going to Alaska, exactly like Into The Wild stuff, only diference is that I plan on coming back two or three years after starting this 'expedition' of mine.
I plan on going as soon as I finish Highschool. So I figured I'd stop by to ask for advice on engaging this adventure.
Observations:
>I am not an US citizen, though I dont need to have a permit to visit US.
>I have survival skills on surviving the tropical rain forest, but I dont think it would help me in temperate/tundra-ish territory.

Advice please?
>>
>>17286462
You want advice?
Don't.
You're romanticising the idea, surviving on your own in that area is hellish if not near impossible alone for a prolonged period. Source: Canada fag from northern community.
>>
>>17286462
It sucks.

It's all about the journey, and once you get there.. You're there. And, that's it. It's not that cool. You want advice, go, but plan it for two or three weeks instead of years.
>>
Alaskan here. You'll last 3 weeks tops before search and rescue personnel have to airlift your bitch ass to Anchorage for medical attention. If you want to go camping, that's great. We welcome you. But don't try any of this survivalist bullshit.
>>
>>17286462
He thought he was coming back too

RIP
>>
Where are you from op? I mean, how much experience with winter do you have?
>>
You have to know how to survive. The reason why Chris died is because he went into it without very much experience thinking he could figure everything out along the way. You should at least plan ahead. That means find out where you're gonna go, the environment around that area, what's edible/not edible, so on. Alaska's tough. My advice overall is "don't do it", but if you're going to, at least know what you're doing. Judging by your comment that you haven't finished highschool yet, you're probably somewhat young, which means you're bound to spend more time fantasizing about the idea rather than planning ahead. If you're dead set on going, try to resist the urge to romanticize it. Otherwise it's just a convoluted form of suicide.
>>
>>17286587
I'm from mexico
>>
>>17286604
>8 IPs and 7 posts
well meme'd
>>
File: 1465712863054.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1465712863054.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>17286604
> Mexico climates =/= Alaska climates
Dude you're fucked
Tropics are Nothing compared to winter sub-sub zero climates.

But if u insist on going, go-pro it and make sure the footage is intact before you die. That way we can all celebrate ur stupidity after you have passed away.
>>
>>17286626
This. Extreme cold is a whole different ballgame.
>>
>>17286587
OP here. I live currently in southeast brazil. Tropical rainforest is my main habitat during vacations. Ive first gone camping, but now I do bushcrafting with my friends, each going with basic gear and one kilo of rice for emergencies.
>>
>>17286597
I dont want to do it for a fantasy. It's a personal goal. I wanna spend a few years alone with myself to reflect about society and the universe, so I can decide properly on who I want to be.
>>
>>17286702
Yeah, you'll totally be fine.

Make sure you bring a go-pro like >>17286626 said. Enjoy your no sun
>>
File: ak.jpg (294KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
294KB, 792x612px
>>17286709
You can do this anywhere. You don't have to go somewhere where you could freeze to death.
>>
>>17286626
But I'll be sure to record it for 4chan use only fag
>>
Dude youll fuckin die there are bears and angry moose not to mention the winters.
>>
>>17286718
You are familiar to south-american Boar, and tropical leopards?
Those bears will be easy.
>>
Now, when I asked for advice, I didnt mean opinions. What do I need to be able to spend long term time in Alaska? I recon it's US territory. Any permits I need? If yes, how do I get them?
>>
>>17286726

You may think >>17286718 is kidding with his moose comment.

He's not.
>>
>>17286738
Im familiar with the moose stuff. Ive done my homework.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.