[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/, So in this world we can literally have almost anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Puppet2 - Copy.gif (141KB, 1196x715px) Image search: [Google]
Puppet2 - Copy.gif
141KB, 1196x715px
hey /adv/,

So in this world we can literally have almost anything that we want. Money, power, fame, grades, possessions are all 100% obtainable with enough effort, determination, and will. If you want it bad enough, you WILL obtain it. This is a fact.

The one thing that I could NEVER get my hands on though, are relationships wit certain people. Not matter how determined I was, no matter how much time I have spent with them, no matter how BADLY i wanted them, certain people would slip away from me.

We should have more skill building courses on ow to retain relationships, particularly boyfriend/girl friend relationships. Say if they break up with you, and completely take this relationships away from you, this could have serious detrimental affects on a person's ability to adapt to the stuation, and stay focused on school, work, and responsibilities. Their life coul easily go into a turmoiled state.

We need to educate people on how to combat break ups, because this is someting that is completely out of our control. The person initiating the break up as full control over you, and can leave whenever they want. I think that in a way this is a form of injustice. How can they leave when you have given everything to them? You time, your body, emotions, thoughts were connected to them completely, then they leave you?

This is a problem many people experience. When you console your friends or family, everyone says to move on as if the connection you had was meaningless.

We need to solve this problem somehow..the way we cope with break ups today is seriously corrupt. we walk away as if our lives during that time meant absolutely nothing. we lose apart of ourselves, and we are told that that is okay. this is not okay.

pic related
>>
>>>/b/
>>
Bump because OP is right.
>>
>>17278782
>So in this world we can literally have almost anything that we want. Money, power, fame, grades, possessions are all 100% obtainable with enough effort, determination, and will. If you want it bad enough, you WILL obtain it. This is a fact.

That's a blatant lie, you haven't lived enough if you think that's true; you're hopelessly (and dangerously) naive if you actually believe that.
>>
>>17278884
How's living with parents treating you?
>>
>>17278782
>How can they leave when you have given everything to them? You time, your body, emotions, thoughts were connected to them completely, then they leave you?

I don't exactly understand your point here. This is in many ways the selling point of relationships, at least for me. Finding that one person that accepts you for who you are and in turn gives in to you is a special feeling SOLELY because of the fact that so many other partners won't.
I don't necessarily see the "grief period" as a problem that needs to be "solved", because without bitter break ups there wouldn't be happy relationships, if that makes sense.
>>
>>17278782
>So in this world we can literally have almost anything that we want. Money, power, fame, grades, possessions are all 100% obtainable with enough effort, determination, and will. If you want it bad enough, you WILL obtain it. This is a fact.

Good thread.
>>
>>17278782
>So in this world we can literally have almost anything that we want.
And some people don't want to be in a relationship with you. It's not unfair that you don't get the specific person you want, because that person has wants and needs too. Relationships are one of those things both people have to want.
>>
>We should have more skill building courses on ow to retain relationships, particularly boyfriend/girl friend relationships.
I agree completely on this point. This is, however, where my agreement stops.

>The person initiating the break up as full control over you, and can leave whenever they want.
They have no control over you whatsoever: indeed, the act of breaking up inherently relinquishes any control that you may have given them. Besides, you, too, can leave whenever you want.

>I think that in a way this is a form of injustice.
No. Injustice is when you are deprived of something you are (or should be) entitled to. You are not entitled to a relationship, and you should not be.

You know what IS a form of injustice, though? Forcing someone to remain in a relationship that they don't want to be in.

>How can they leave when you have given everything to them? You time, your body, emotions, thoughts were connected to them completely, then they leave you?
You talk an awful lot about giving, but that's only one side of the equation. Relationships inherently involve giving and taking, on the part of both sides. What did you take? Do you even know? The answer to your question lies within the answer to mine.
>>
>>17278782
>If you want someone bad enough you will obtain it
>Fact
Stopped reading there. This is 100% false. You can strive for something your whole life and put your entirety into it and still never achieve it. It's hilarious people always hold up the success stories and shining examples of the payoff from hardwork and dedication but never ever seem to mention the myriad stories of people who tried just as hard and still failed.
>>
Op is fucked in the head.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.