[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with hiring agencies? Do they work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: we just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
Anyone have any experience with hiring agencies? Do they work and how much do they charge?
>>
More information is required. What are your needs and what kind of professional do you wish to hire?
>>
Havent given much info. But mainly This differs depending on country.
>>
>>17276145
I'm looking for a job
I just recently graduated majoring in chemistry. I wana work a bit then go back to grad school.
>>
I'm an account manager for a staffing firm in the US and was until the 1st a recruiter. What do you want to know?
>>
>>17276288
How does the recruiting process work? Do I just call or walk in and ask for someone to help me with job searching? How much do they charge?
>>
>>17276300
Staffing firms don't charge anything to place you. Let me break down how it works.

Someone like me goes to a hiring manager at a company. That manager has a need for a new employee/contractor so he describes the role to the account manager. The account manager in turn goes to his team of recruiters and passes on the information. The recruiters in turn find candidates for the job. They do this by searching job boards like Monster, Dice, CareerBuilder, Indeed, and LinkedIn, calling people they know, and posting on CraigsList etc. Once they find someone who might fit they talk to them, explore their experience and qualifications, and find a price point. The hiring manager at the company will have given the account manager a budget for the role. The recruiter's job is to get the best person for the cheapest rate. If the potential employee fits the budget and qualifications then he is presented by the account manager to the company. If that goes well then an interview is scheduled, perhaps with the staffing agency, perhaps with the final client.

tl;dr post your resume on Monster/CB/Indeed and make sure your LinkedIn is up to date. Recruiters will find you. If you're impatient then call up companies like Apex, InsightGlobal, Collabera, Robert Half, etc. They almost certainly won't have a job for you right away, but they'll put you on file and when a fitting job does come along they might remember you.

Fun fact, InsightGlobal is infamous for its TnA policy. They literally just hire hot, shapely women as account managers.
>>
>>17276928
Saved! (And I'm not OP.)
>>
>>17276941
That was a very simplified summary of how it goes but I hope it was helpful. Just be open to contract work, it can be even better than permanent work for a lot of people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.