[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need quest ideas for novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: stephen-hawking.jpg (310KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
stephen-hawking.jpg
310KB, 2048x1536px
So my main character is unbelievably smart and I need to come up with loads of extremely difficult "tests of intelligence" for her to overcome, but can't think of anything other than committing the perfect crime and then afterwards being told to solve it.
Ideas?
>>
>can't think of anything other than committing the perfect crime and then afterwards being told to solve it.

kek
>>
>>17269654
>So my main character is unbelievably smart
>Her
So she's a cyborg or something, right? Kinda cool, I suppose.
>>
>>17269654
Quality writing usually involves main character overcoming a challenge related to the characters flaw. So whatever your character flaw is use that.

And if your character is flawless then he/she is called "Mary Sue" and you are just writing power masturbation fantasies which is ok and what a lt of writers do but don't publish.
>>
>>17269654

>I need to come up with loads of extremely difficult "tests of intelligence" for her to overcome, but can't think of anything other than committing the perfect crime and then afterwards being told to solve it.

But solving the perfect crime would be easy as hell if she was the one who committed it, she'd already know how everything happened.

And committing the perfect crime would be easy as hell if she was the one investigating it. Getting away with it would be just as easy as saying "I couldn't figure it out"
>>
>>17269654
If at all possible you should try to avoid writing characters that are very intelligent because a writer can never convincingly convey a character that is smarter than they are, they just always come across like wizards.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.