[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Security guard job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /adv/, I work consecutive 12 hour shifts as a security guard in an old people tower. Pretty much I see no action. Hard to stay awake any way that I should pass the time without driving myself off the deep en?
>>
>>17269628
depends what you can get away with entertainment wise.

radio, laptop, phone, books, conversations, tv

If you are not allowed anything the company that hired you is nuts.
>>
Take an online course, get certified in something, and find a better job.
>>
>>17269628

Damn that job sounds cushy as hell.

I'd say get a radio.
>>
Write a book lol, you've got the time
>>
Reading is good shit man. Pick up something you're interested in and the hours fly by. Good for the brain too
>>
File: 1435009773286.png (821KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1435009773286.png
821KB, 707x1000px
I worked security for four years. I've done twelve hour shifts in the middle of fucking nowhere before.
Let me tell you, having a smartphone was my best investment for the job.
>can call people if you get in shit
>quick distress/911 dialling
>access to 4g in urban/semi-rural areas
>can upload music, movies, books to it
>google maps
>youtube if you have internet access
>can maintain social connections while at work - emails, facebook, texts, skype, steam, etc, etc
Get a portable power supply and you're set, bro. If you can, get a notebook, but most supervisors don't like you being on a computer-like device. A phone can also be pocketed quickly. Phones can also contain books, so you can get away with that.
Notebooks can be used to "study for courses", so you can get away if you make it known you're studying.
Just don't get caught, if it's not allowed. And don't be incompetent. Make sure to look around you and be aware of your situation.
>>
>>17269631
I'm on my phone all the time.
>>17269649
>>17269632
I will invest on a few things never thought of a radio, and I just might be able to get away with study but I'm not sure yet so I will wait until I'm least month old here
>>
>>17269684
What topic?
>>17269776
I love to read, pretty much I read a whole book in a shift once
>>17269806
I am being alone all the time but it's too chill of a job, only problem would be if they catch me sleeping I'm out. It's like my third or fourth day still a newbie.
>>
>>17269806
>Make sure to look around you and be aware of your situation.
this. but then you would hope a security guard would be doing that anyway.

>>17270191
what kinds of books do you read? try writing one of that genre. if you're into mysteries, try writing a mystery, etc.
>>
>>17270306
That is a good idea but it will just end up in the bin eventually. Oh wellp I'll just try it see where goes
>>
>>17270191
Security is a pretty good job. Just don't fuck it up. It's like you're not working, but you're getting money anyway.
>>
Security is amazingly chill and pays alright, it's just sometimes all I do is wonder if I should be doing something better. Like polishing up my skills. But what the hay I can learn a couple new things I guess.
>>
>>17270427
Will do. I think the more I keep my mind off by and focusing on the job AND different activities* I'll do fine. Thanks
>>
How do I find a security gig that will let me sit on a laptop for 8 hours?
>>
>>17269628
How did you get into security OP? It sounds like a really comfy job
>>
Hey OP.
Overnight security guard here, guard some mailing place, so pretty much no one here.
It depends on what your company allows, or what you sneak pass the cameras.

I pretty much spend my time reading, vidya or shit posting on 4chan. At times I whip out my workbook and go some math.
If the weather is nice. I get my binoculars and do some amateur Astronomy. If the weather is bad, I usually read or bring out my pocket trumpet.

You just have to get creative.
>>
File: 1464175454033.png (2MB, 1760x1588px) Image search: [Google]
1464175454033.png
2MB, 1760x1588px
Forgot to mention, like your image says. There's always anime. I did that for awhile. Catch up on that backlog.

Smart phones are magical.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.