[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

loosing my job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1377439677746.gif (92KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1377439677746.gif
92KB, 500x377px
found out from my co-worker today that I'm going to loose my job and I feel like such a fool

I was put on at a resteraunt over a busy period, and it seems like after that they are just going to get rid of me when they don't need me

I work my hands to the bone for these people, and I'm stung that they wouldn't even telegraph it to me; rather they would just suddenly say goodby and leave me scrambling to find more work, I feel disgraced tht I was the last person to know it was happening
>>
What advice are you asking for?
Start finding new employment and leave with grace, faggot.
>>
>>17264002
Ah yus, I remeber a time i loosed my job.

it was defiantly won of the werst days ever. Irregardless, I holeheartedly serched 4 another won. All of a sudden, I got won after 2 moths of serching.

"woo hoo" I sed.
>>
Open your own restaurant and run them into the ground by providing better service.

Honestly there isn't much advice we can give you other than what was said by >>17264023
>>
>I work my hands to the bone for these people,
Welcome to the service industry. Get a marketable skill.
>>
>>17264023
>>17264047
I just don't know how I stop this happening to me at my next job

all I want is a 9-5, I work hard and I tow the line; yet employers just arn't inclined to do the right thing by me

I can't deal with just being chewed up and spat out
>>
>>17264064
c'est la vie, m8.

I worked several years over night before I finally got my current 9-5 m-f position from the company, and I still had to strong arm my way to it with great work ethic and reliable business increasing numbers.
>>
>>17264087
but it seems to me like some people breeze through it

at the end of this month I'l have no job, and the people I work with who turn up drunk, are on their phones or eating on the job, lazy, dishonest etc etc will still be working and I just don't understand
>>
>>17264106
That's every job, man. But, that sounds more like a call center type environment which are always high school drop out tier.
>>
>>17264106

Quit now, no call no show to spite them. You wont be able to use them as a reference in the future but who cares, it's not like you worked there that long.

Service industry jobs come and go like that. It's shit work for mediocre pay. Look for jobs in a different industry
>>
>>17264120
in my country people just don't respect hospitality work as a career, so it's hard to find anyone who cares about their jobs

>>17264124
that would be cutting off my nose despite my face, better I just work for them ll smiles and get a reference

I don't like how the reliance on references gives employers power over people, but I seem powerless to fight the system

I want to get out of the industry, but honestly I don't know what else I could do; while the breadth of job fields are wide I don' know which would be suited to me

I took career tests in school and they all came up with really anomalous results, I have aspergers and never did well academically
>>
>>17264215
3 options, mate.

Work really hard the rest of your life
Find a way to make a hobby your career
Try to get disability
>>
>>17264229
I hear the same thing often, but it's bullshit

working hard just ends up with you making someone else rich

people who say "make your hobby a carreer" have never done it, and have no advice on how to do it

I ran an honest arts-retail business and I really liked it, but without business skills my sales started to drop and I had to close down
I actually did really well for while, I just couldn't reach new markets or sustain my sales

and as for disability if you have tips I'm all ears
the few people on disability I know are just drug addled
>>
>>17264247
Making someone else rich is how you get a paycheck each week, I don't see the issue.

Making your hobby a career is hard work, and if I ever lost my job I'd probably use my savings to try and coast as long as I could while trying to make the dream a reality, so I'll get back to you on that one maybe.

As for the disability, you're obviously going to have to start by being diagnosed if you haven't already. And then go through the ropes, keep trying medication and saying it doesn't work until you get some super zombied out shit that you wouldn't be able to work while on, but is the "only stuff that works". And, I don't know from there, I'm sure there'd be some better advice from the lawyer you'd need to hire or something of the sorts.
>>
>>17264215

>that would be cutting off my nose despite my face, better I just work for them ll smiles and get a reference
>I don't like how the reliance on references gives employers power over people, but I seem powerless to fight the system

If a reference from a service industry job of 3 months is really worth your dignity, then by all means sell yourself short. Unless that is your only work history, it's probably not going to count for much - especially if you are looking for work in another field.

Employees have the power to not put up with being used and abused, but as long as you're complicit in it - simply in the hope that they will sing your praises to a future employer - they will continue the abuse.

Do what you think is best for you. Personally, a reference from such a short-term job that you were fired from isn't worth shit to me.. but if it's worth it to you, do your thing.

Also, it's "to spite my face"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.