[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving An Apology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 0980980.jpg (107KB, 900x894px) Image search: [Google]
0980980.jpg
107KB, 900x894px
A friend of mine did some stuff over time that I, instead of confronting them about it, I repressed. That is until several months ago when they something that set me over the edge...

Long story short, I snapped and said some pretty nasty things. Our conversation got real heated real quick and we haven't talked since. I know that we both are prideful enough to take this to the grave, but I'm trying to work on that part of myself.

I think this apology would be a leap forward for changing who I am, but also would ease my conscience.

I'm planning on leaving a voicemail or just straight talking to them if they pick up. Little more personal that way.

So how would you all go about this? Are there things to avoid? Things to touch on? Should it be pretty short? Pretty long?

All advice is appreciated.
>>
>>17263129
First of all, I don't know how severely this has impacted your friendship, but be prepared to apologise without the expectation of your friendship being repaired.

I would say that you should invite them out to talk about it over coffee, face to face interactions are better for this sort of thing. If they don't pick up, I wouldn't leave them the apology through voicemail. That's tacky desu.

Good on you for wanting to get over your pride, anon.
>>
>>17263141
>In person

I'm not even sure this person would pick up the phone if they saw I was the one calling. There are also a couple unfortunate details that complicate that narrative, but I think that a phone call/voice mail may be my most personal option.

Is it that bad? are there any other ways to go about this?
>>
>>17263141
Also, I have no intention of this person accepting me as a friend again. I just want to get this off my chest.
>>
>>17263157
>There are also a couple unfortunate details that complicate that narrative
Like?

In that case, just go for the phone call then. Although I'm getting the feeling you'd be best off leaving this person alone, though I don't know the full context of the situation.
>>
>>17263183
She's good friends with my ex.

That reason alone is the only thing stopping me from talking to her. If my ex wasn't in the picture, I would gladly ask for a sit down.

Is this truly a lost cause? This has been on my mind since before my ex was my ex. I just want to try and solve it rather than lose sleep over it.
>>
This website is anonymous. I can give you better advice and so can others if you give us the whole story.
>>
>>17263202
That definitely complicates things. I think you should go with the call/leaving a voicemail, since this seems to be plaguing on you.
>>
>>17263216
>Friend was one of best friends in college
>I move an hour away
>Friend pretty much stops contact
>hurts
>Invite her out
>She never wants to join
>Eventually small quarrel comes up 5 ish months ago
>pent up rage releases
>I feel bad for what I did
>plan to apologize
>ex breaks up with me 2 months ago
>now it would look like I'm just using it as a way to talk to ex
>just want to apologize

That's my story.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.