[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux distro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Hey
I want to ask which Linux distro would is the best/you would recommend me, since I got told a lot of things and got recommended a lot of distros. I got recommended the Tails or Parrot Security OS 3.0 "Lithium" distribution which comes out in 2 days, i also got told also to use Kali , Ubuntu and Mint and atm I have no idea from which one to choose, since there are over 6000 distro
Thanks in advance for the help
>>
Well, you really dont give much info on whst you want but it sounds like you're a newbie so get ubuntu.
>>
>>17258327
Kali is not at all acceptable as a desktop os. Whoever reccomemded it is a complete moron. Just use ubuntu or mint it really doesnt matter.
>>
>>17258441
Not even being autistic, ignore tails and parrot also they are absolutely not usable for a person who needs a computer except for specific uses.

Use ubuntu or mint only difference is the gui.
>>
>>17258327
With tails you will lose your data every time you reboot. It is the pedophile os for avoiding the fbi.
>>
>>17258428
Yes, I am a newbie
>>
Gentoo.
>>
>>17258441
Whats the problem with Kali
>>17258453
Whats wrong with Parrot ( I saw the comment on tails)
>>
>>17258573
Kali is for cracking
>>
>>17258573
Kali is designed to be used by pen testers. A pen tester is someone who is paid to test a network's security.

Kali is supposed to be loaded onto a USB drive and loaded fresh every time you turn on the computer. It is also loaded with a bunch of really really powerful programs used for hax0rs, but these programs open goatse security flaws on your computer and can get you in trouble if you play with them and don't know what you are doing.

If you see someone who has installed this on their computer for daily use they are a retard and you should ignore their opinion.
>>
>>17258675
>Kali is supposed to be loaded onto a USB drive and loaded fresh every time you turn on the computer.

forgot to mention the purpose of this is so you can penetrate a network from the inside without bringing your own PC.

Tails is the same way, it is a bunch of preinstalled programs but instead of making it more open to attack like kali it is designed to make you harder to trace on the internet, and it resets itself every time you start up preventing you from having a unique signature on the internet. Also Tor is the default browser.
>>
>>17258327
Fedora or CentOS
Debian derivatives annoy me.
>>
>>17258689
Except since OP is a noob he should use Ubuntu because every piece of linux software supports it and has instructions for it.

Also what possible difference could OP notice being a first time linux user? Let him calibrate their own autism.
>>
>>17258327
Ubuntu or mint is better for noobs like myself. Or if you are edgy then try backtrack and learn how to use wifi anywhere without paying.
>>
Arch Linux, very easy to install.
>>
>>17258695
Well then at the very least use Awesome
https://awesome.naquadah.org/
>>
>>17258716
>Let him calibrate their own autism.
>>
>>17258327
Just throwing my recommendation. If you've never used Linux before and are coming from Windows use Ubuntu. Even that will have somewhat of a learning curve.
Other try mint which is also news friendly but a little less so than Ubuntu. Mint is what I use. It's been nice so far.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.