[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never feel like i can trully relate to people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1465671160729.jpg (373KB, 1368x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1465671160729.jpg
373KB, 1368x1386px
I geinueily have better conversations with myself than with my friends.
I don't feel like i can truly talk with someone because then i have to follow social paradigms and be a pleasant and social person
I mean i have friends and a bf, but shit the only person ive ever felt close to was myself
Is this normal? to like talking to yourself better than others.
>>
Too much time online.

It's time to leave the house for something more than the mandatory food run.
>>
>>17245879
I go to work and such,
And i have a dnd session with my friends.
I do leave my house, but its usually necessary responsibilites
If i was outside i wouldn't be drawing at my computer as much. and i wouldn't be able to get better at it
plus all my interests involve being alone inside.
>>
>>17245885
Well then you'll only ever be able to relate to people that do the same.
>>
>>17245899
Thats not entirely true
I have an /r9k/ friend who has a job at home and doesn't leave the house except for food and i have difficulty even talking to him
its not even me being awkward, i could absolutely speak in front of people, i just couldn't find something to speak about. Except common things like how your day was and some light small talk.
>>
>>17245901
That's because you have to talk to people about hobbies and interests. If a person just spends 90% of their time dicking around, and video hopping on youtube, they're never going to invest themselves in anything meaningful. This is called becoming a boring person. It isn't that you can't think of anything, it's that you can't think of anything that's relative to them.

You need to speak to people who care about the shit you care about.
>>
>>17245911
>hobbies and interests
Issue is i don't want to talk to people about it
Like just earlier today i had the opprotunity to talk to someone about D&D and it just seemed dumb to do so. Pointless.Why not just think to myself? Its always more interesting.
Like i could read an article or anything about some topic because then i can self reflect on it. But talking to people is just boring.
>>
File: ron_people.jpg (74KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
ron_people.jpg
74KB, 500x561px
>>17245876
This feeling can be caused by certain psychological disorders (most prominently NPD), or can be just a passing feel.

>I don't feel like i can truly talk with someone because then i have to follow social paradigms and be a pleasant and social person
Don't have to do that with a boyfriend, unless you're just using/manipulating him (in which case you should probably go to a shrink and get your cluster-B disorder diagnosed).
>>
>>17245930
>Don't have to do that with a boyfriend, unless you're just using/manipulating him (in which case you should probably go to a shrink and get your cluster-B disorder diagnosed).
When i say be a social-able person, i mean i have to avoid taboo and talk in a manner that fosters a pleasant demeanor, i do this with everyone
Its kinda like how if your alone you can fart on yourself all you want, but if your around your partner or others, then farting is considered bad.
>>
>>17245930
Also note on the NPD
I looked it up and it doesn't sound like me
I have probably the polar opposite effect where i want to constantly put myself down, because in certain fields i don't meet to certain aspirations. I just think to me other peoples thoughts are not engaging.
>>
>>17245876
I get you OP. It's annoying to talk to people when they can't tell obsevations and hypotheses from judgements, and try their hardest to take everything personally.
>>
>>17246002
Mine isn't really about that, but i kinda get what you mean.
I just think no one else besides myself can provide me with truly enlightening conversation.
>>
>>17245876
Op here
What im trying to understand is
1. is this normal?
2. Is it okay that i feel this way?
>>
>>17246012
You need smarter friends, ones that also think about things. Share the results of your inner conversations and try to provide insight. The problem is that finding a person that is able to produce worthwhile opinnions and isn't too scared of sounding stupid to share them.
>>
>>17246082
i don't really think im that smart, at best a bit above average, but nothing else
Really my main interest is Art.
Upon writing this post, i realized that i only seem to be interested in artists whose work is relevant to my interests, or is going a direction i want to go.
Usually these artists are super famous ill never know them personally (Mel Miltion, Yoi Yoshinari, Mike Mignola, others ect.)
Maybe its hard for me to relate to others because my only TRUE interests are very narrow and get narrorwer because i have specific taste in that interest?
>>
You don't need to relate to people

everyone should have their own niche
>>
File: mcuomo.jpg (123KB, 540x725px) Image search: [Google]
mcuomo.jpg
123KB, 540x725px
>>17246038

1. It's not normal.
2. It's probably okay. Actually, the fact that you're comfortable with yourself, is better than average. Conversations with yourself is pretty weird (and kind of prove that you want some degree of social interaction), but if you start talking out loud you have gone too far into batshit crazy territory.

That said, it is not healthy if you can't relate to friends. There's way more to people than their interests to relate to, and with existing friends its easier to delve into those aspects. If you can only talk about interests, then have a conversation about their shit, and next time have a conversation about your shit. Just slog through the boredom and keep up that give-and-take until you find some modicum of common ground.

Conversely, people should also be able to relate to you, and I promise that the bullshit walls that you're putting up pretending to be polite and friendly and follow social paradigms is what's stopping them, too.
>>
I have the same problem. But I had a friend who I was comfortable with. With her I was able to truly be myself, not trying to show something, talking about my real thoughts. But these people are really rare, and finding them is real problem. Once I lost her, it all returned back and I feel lonely again.
>>
No, it's not normal, and you know this.

To have better conversations with people, you should "follow social paradigms and be a pleasant and social person", because people like pleasant and social people who don't act weird.
>>
>>17247423
Yes, some people have this skill naturally, and it is great for them. But you seem not. Read Dale Carnegie's books, they help a lot to understand.
>>
>>17247423
>>17247670
i have no problem having a polite conversation with someone
i just don't have conversations that are engaging.
>>
>>17245930
>>17245986
Sounds more likw schizoid honestly. And no it´s not normal but nothing much you can do, I guess.
>>
>>17246736
Not OP here, but how is talking out loud to yourself batshit crazy? I do it all the time when I'm alone, maybe mumble when I'm not. Yet I've never been accused of being "crazy". Maybe a mild aspie/Narcissist at most.
>>
>>17248845
It's not. I remember some test where people had to sit around (alone) and do nothing and a lot of people talked to themselves.
>>
OP I have similar problem.
I suspect mild aspie or schizoid disorder.
Do you feel lonely because of this?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.