[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being friends with your ex a good idea? When mine broke up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1376343116808.jpg (49KB, 350x520px) Image search: [Google]
1376343116808.jpg
49KB, 350x520px
Is being friends with your ex a good idea? When mine broke up with me and tried to play the "let's be friends" card, I told him flat out that I hated that idea because I don't think it ever works and he got pissed at me.

I've asked other people for the opinions and a lot of them seem to think I've screwed up because, in their reasoning, if you had something special with a person and still cared about the good memories and what they meant to you, you'd be an idiot to throw away any potential for friendship. Mind you, I was the one who was dumped.

Thoughts? Has it ever worked successfully? Did I really fuck up?
>>
>>17243099
>Is being friends with your ex a good idea
Hell no!
>>
>>17243105
>>
>>17243108
>>
>>17243115
>>
sabotages any potential future relationships with other people.
>>
>>17243119
>>17243119
>>
9 out of 10 times they want to keep you on a leash for sex/comfort/emotional dumping because they're too afraid to face the big scary world alone. They're used to you, you're convenient, and you're probably so damaged and hurt after the break up that you'll accept any arrangement with them as long as it gives you a chance to be with them.

It's a shitty, disgusting thing to do to someone even if it starts with good intentions, and anyone who goes along with it is a cuck with zero self respect.
>>
>>17243099
>Is being friends with your ex a good idea?
Only if neither of you has any remaining romantic feelings for the other. This usually doesn't happen right away. Sometimes it never does.
>>
It works for some people, if you can truly move on from the relationship then yeah go ahead. I'm friends with 4 of my exes.
>>
>>17243304
Pretty much this but don't beat yourself up if it hurts too much, we all have emotional limits. I can put down a pet, not shed a tear when both my grandmothers died,
But it get so bothered when an ex wants to be friends, I can't be cool about it,

You have the freedom to end any friendship for any reason at any time. It's your life.
Don't let cunts try to guilt you into thinking otherwise
>>
>>17243099
>he got pissed
well he's not entitled to stay in your life after a break up. tough shit.
>a lot of them seem to think I've screwed up
they don't understand point one.

there's lots of people in the world, and you can have special things with other people without the drama or wondering if their motivations are >>17243151

I'm two for two with being friends with exes not being good. never again.

maybe you can be friends way down the line or something but just, fuck all that drama and bullshit that almost inevitably comes with that.
>>
>>17243099
It can work successfully, it really depends on a case to case basis. Usually if the relationship ended amicably.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.