[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abusive Family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: abuse.jpg (22KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
abuse.jpg
22KB, 655x360px
How should I deal with this situation?

It seems like every time I'm about to become independent, my father explodes into a violent rage and tears me back down into a depressive state.

This week, I just was hired for a new job that pays decently enough. I had been working myself out of a rut and was finally becoming able to function normally. I was going to be able to pay my bills and save money.

But like clockwork, my father randomly exploded one day and began verbally abusing me and threatening physical violence. My sibling also joins in and verbally abuses me. They both gang up on me and try to tear me down. I feel surrounded by enemies in my own home.

Now I find myself back where I started, too depressed to leave my room or even eat food. I have been certifiably underweight all of my life, yet my parent constantly tells me to eat less food. I can't seem to stop thinking about the recent confrontation and it's affecting what little work I'm able to get done. I feel depressed.

This has happened so many times over the years and it just keeps getting worse. My childhood was also filled with domestic violence and verbal abuse. It feels like I can't escape. Every time I get a little bit of money, my father takes all of it for what I owe him. I don't even have a driver's license because my father refuses to let me practice with his car. He constantly tells me I should be grateful for everything he's done for me and it always seems like he takes his anger out on me no matter what I do or how hard I try.

I feel trapped and alone with no exit in sight. What should I do?
>>
>>17241495
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, anon.

The clear answer is that you need to move the fuck out. Out of that city, and ideally out of the state. You need to find a way to hide that money, and save up enough so that you can leave. Do you have any friends that would lend you their car to help you drive? If it gets desperate enough, I would buy a one way ticket and arrange to get to a shelter in another state.

All the best.
>>
>>17241504
If you're going to run away, you should tell the police beforehand to let them know you're not missing.
>>
>>17241495
My dad does the same thing

>"Lazy mother fucker! When I grew up in walked down to the dmv and got my drivers license all by myself self! I'm a real man who hits little kids!"

Yes he got his id before 9-11 when all you needed was a birth certificate. Now they ask for 7 documents you can't get without having an id in the first place or help with your parents.
>>
>>17241504
He knows that I'm getting money from my job, so I can't hide all of it. This job is only temporary and I think I'll only be able to save up about $3,000. But it'll probably end up being less than that given how reality usually goes.
I haven't had much luck finding work, so I'm really worried about going somewhere and being out of work for an extended period of time. It's even harder to do anything because I can't drive or have a vehicle.
But I'm going to try. I really hope I can make it.
>>
>>17241564
Even if you can hide only some of it, that's still better than nothing. Tell him you're getting a pay cut because you're only a temp or something. Don't hide the money in your house, there's a risk of him or your sibling finding it.

Do you have any skills or work experience? I think you would be able to find odd labour jobs or graveyard shifts in a pinch.

You can make it anon! You've made it through all this, and you're still standing. Don't lose hope.
>>
>>17241573
Thank you for the support, I really needed it. I hope I can finally escape this situation.
>>
I feel like I'm in the same situation as you OP except I haven't managed a job yet.

As soon as you get a chance I think you should leave. Maybe shack up with a friend or something while you save up/practice driving.

Good luck!
>>
>>17241524
Its a different world now and adults dont seem to understand ... Everything is more challenging
>>
>>17241495
Get out of there dude. Run like your life depends on it because it fucking does.

Go to the police if you need to, but you can leave that house at night with a backpack full of essentials and go homeless if you need to. Find a job as fast as possible and work your way up from the bottom because when you get your own place with a job and food in the fridge, you'll be very very proud of what you've achieved.

Good luck
>>
>>17241680
100% this!
>>
>>17241680
Because of 911 the dmv makes you get 10 documents that you only can have an id in the first place to get. I don't want to beg my parents to help me because they will scream at me on the way to the dmv and the way back. Lecture me on how I'm a lazy ass and they were not. Baby boomers who could get a job right after the nazis lost the war. When everything was easy.

They lecture me on how I'm lucky LMAO
They have a magnet on the fridge saying "Dont like living under your parents roof? SHUTUP or move out"

If they were successful parents and did not abuse everyone nobody would be living there. You can't explain anything to baby boomers. They are perfect even though they are ADULT baby boomer hoarders who don't even clean up or pick up after themselves!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas how I can get my id without them? I Google local church charities but they are all cults who just want people to give them money. They aren't in the business of helping in the lords name. Only recieving.
>>
>>17241865
>LMAO
>They have a magnet on the fridge saying "Dont like living under your parents roof? SHUTUP or move out"

LMAO indeed!!!!
>>
>>17241879
I took it off the fridge it triggered me

Abusive parents who hoard and do nothing all day besides watching Netflix lecturing me about how they are model hard working citizens.

It sucks I literally can't get an id without help. The dmv turns me away because I don't have one more documentation I need. I have like 9/10 documents. The last document I need is something I can't get without an id in the first place.
>>
>>17241865
your parents aren't baby boomers. baby boomers are like 70 right now.
>>
>>17241898
They are in their 60'system they still had it easy. Very close to being boomers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.