[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accumulating Wealth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
I'm currently a highschool graduate that is going off to university in a couple of months. I'm going to be working a minimum wage job again in about a week and I have currently $2000 in my checkings account with Chase. How do I get to the point where I have $500k like I see some other anons have in their early 20s? I'm going to be majoring in Biology at UNR and my expenses should be looking like I'll be paying somewhere from $8000 to $12,000 a year because of room and board.
>>
First off dont major in biology....
>>
>>17239175
I'm doing medical
>>
>>17239137
You're not going to turn 2k into 500k.
And if you're going medical, you won't even have a positive balance until you're in your thirties.
>>
>>17239137
I'm actually at UNR, don't do biology, im in biochem and its a lot better. But if you want the much, do Chem engineering or something. Which dorm you living in? I started at Argenta.
>>
>>17239219
But what can I do while working a part time job during my undergraduates to get somewhere near there?
>>
>>17239459
I don't know my dorm yet. They haven't released dorm assignments. How do I go about switching majors if general Biology isn't good for medical?
>>
>>17239206
UNR senior here again, biochem is the best path for premed, half of my classmates are premed, biology students for premed don't usually do well. Also join a lab your freshmen year, try atleast, contact all the professors you can.
>>
>>17239468
What's the difference between the two? I don't think I can just switch majors can I?
>>
>>17239465
I switched literally right before I got here, most of your classes are not going to be even towards your major. But if you really want to look at the course catalogue or what it takes to get a B.S. In biochem, it should tell you what to take and just switch those classes. I think the only biochem class you need freshmen year is BCH 100? I forget that was a while ago. Look more into biochem and if it's for you, and if you do make Damkae your friend.
>>
>>17239471
Yeah you can switch literally at anytime you want to. My gf switched 3 times. Just switch your classes and when you get here talk to the administration office about a decleration of major change. It's located below the financial aid office.
>>
>>17239471
The difference is that biochem focuses a lot more on chemistry of biological function, and practical uses of manipulating the chemistry. It's essentially mostly biology, but you have to understand some simple chemistry and apply it. It's fun, I thought I wanted straight bio but this is pretty much just a harder biology and more challenging but worth. Depends if you can really commit yourself/decent at science. No matter what major you decide make friends in the same major, it helps soooo much.
>>
>>17239481
What if I go for a Biology major and something like a Chem or BioChem minor?
>>
>>17239492
A Chem minor practically comes with a biochem major so that looks nice. But typically minors don't mean shit, I have my math minor but jobs haven't cared at all. Decide if you'd be okay with biochem do some research on it and really think about it, if it's still a no, then yes minor in chem. Also don't fall for the Jew scam for biotechnology masters in 1 year here, it's bad.
>>
>>17239509
I originally wanted to do biotech. Why is it bad?
>>
>>17239520
The masters program for it does not include a required thesis, Damkae the head of the biochem program who helps run biotech talks shit about it all the time, essentially it's a way to keep kids around for one more year to pay more. The masters title looks pathetic because inevitably a job is going to ask about it and they will realize that you didn't even have a thesis for it. Too many local employers know its a joke and so you could be working a shit job with a masters. It's so much more worth it to take a real masters program.
>>
Also id like to warn you about parking, there's pretty much a parking pandemic going on here, so if you are bringing a car have fun finding neighbor hoods far away to park in or pay $400 / semester.
>>
>>17239534
I have a question about housing though. When did you apply? I applied around early May. Am I fuckled like shuckle? And the biotech program is only a 1 year program?
>>
>>17239566
The biotech masters is, I don't think there is an undergraduate biotech major. And I applied in like January or Feb. you will probably end up in Nye, they're mostly all really nice, but Manzanita sucks dick, what places did you apply to? Canada, LLC, Peavine, Argenta are all nice. Seirra, Manzanita, Juniper aren't that great and Nye is meh, most people get their first choice, but you will probably get your second.
>>
>>17239581
I put Canada as my first not realizing that I couldn't do that lol. Argenta is the second and juniper was the third. I kinda just filled in the rest to whatever.
>>
>>17239581
And what do you think of the honors program?
>>
>>17239604
Worth, a little difficult, but I know some autismos who can do it.
>>
>>17239684
Should I see if I can still apply?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.