[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at communication with my bf and others? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How do I get better at communication with my bf and others? I often freeze up and don't say anything, nothing comes out of my mouth and it really hurts my bf because he doesn't know what to do or what I want.
>>
Stay quiet? You don't ever have to force a conversation. Unless your autistic and resort to pointing at what you want, that could be beyond advice.
>>
Don't force it. If you feel lost, hug him.
>>
>>17236806
>>17236822
Oh no, I didn't explain myself properly enough. This is in regards to when something's wrong when I'm bothered by something, not general conversation.
>>
I have the same problems OP. The best thing I can say is that it takes practice. I used to not be able to ever say when something bothered me. Now, I can comfortably talk about shit that bothers me when I'm texting the bf. Just gotta work on being able to do it over Skype or in person now
>>
SIMPLIFY. Begin the conversation when you can summarize the problem in one sentence. For example instead of ranting about everything that went wrong during your day, open the discussion by saying "I'm in a bad mood". You can go in more details later but start by going straight to the point. Then your partner knows immediately what the conversation is about.

Secondly, talk about ONE problem at the time. Avoid unloading everything on your mind at the same time, try not to change to another subject until you are done with the first. If you found that you drifted into another subject, return to the first one and then conclude what you have to say about it.

Don't be afraid to say "I don't know" when you're not sure about your feelings. You don't have to wait until you know exactly how you feel about something in order to talk about it. For example it's better to say "I'm stressed/sad/scared and I don't know why" than to say nothing because you don't know the reason.

If something is important to you then don't be afraid to repeat yourself. Your partner cannot think of everything at the same time, they do not have perfect memory and they cannot read your mind. They may not have a particular thing in mind until you remind them of it and that's ok. Do not be angry, do not shame them, make a short sentence and repeat yourself.

I hope it helps!
>>
>>17236769
No offense but I hate girls like you.
>>
>>17236769
My gf is just like this holy shit, I've recently realized I'm extremely patient because of her and this kind of stuff. I wish she could see this thread so she isn't always speechless.

I don't know how to deal with it sometimes though and just resort to saying stuff like "I'm here for you" which always makes me feel like shit because I realize I can't do anything for her at the time.

Its so frustrating sometimes.
>>
>>17236769
You must be annoying as fuck. Learn to spit your words out you awkward ho.
>>
>>17236955
>>17236993
I know I am and I hate it just as much, and I'm trying to fix it. I need to grow the fuck up but I need advice, it's not so easy to 'just do it'.

i'm an anxiety/depressionfag and i'm on meds if that means anything, but i think it's just a girl thing.
>>
>>17237019
Nah, I'm an anxiety/depressionfag without a vagina and I also went through that. I still freeze sometimes, it's not like it's a problem that can completely vanish, but I'm working on fixing the problem little bits by little bits (I wrote >>17236883) and I'm definitely getting better. You can do it bro.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.