[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all locksmiths!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: cutkey.jpg (239KB, 2520x1282px) Image search: [Google]
cutkey.jpg
239KB, 2520x1282px
So I come home for lunch today and some asshole is trying to rob my apartment. It's a small studio. I'm in the doorway, there's no other way out. He's hiding behind the wall separates the kitchen from the main room. I yell out, "Hey man, I know you're here". Not sure why I did that, still processing I guess. I start to call 911 and he rushes me. We go down in a tangle in the hallway. He gets to his feet first and bolts down the stairs. I know he cant get out of the building without moving through doors with camera, so I run to the rental office and they call the cops. We have him on camera tailgating someone into and out of the building. He left his hoodie in the south stairwell. The Crime Scene technician showed up (Cute as Hell!, My age!, Sharp as it gets! I... I...) and dusted the pile of expensive electronics on my floor. I asked her if anybody ever tryed to rob a clean apartment. I got a smile! The staff found a hoodie (yeah the guy was black, not that that means much) in the south stairwell. The CST was going through it in the rental office and pulled out a homemade lock pick. Looked like twisted coat hangers and shit. I showed her the key to my front door and she flipped out. Then she looked at the apartment manager and said a 10 year old could pick my door in 10 seconds. Anons, here is the key, I'm calling on anyone with locksmithing experience to verify. How simple is it to pick a lock with this key cut? Just so you know. I didn't loose anything. I must have gotten there about 10 minutes after he did. In the end, I got a half day off and a hell of a story.
>>
That's literally the most simple key I have ever seen
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuT_63Ioig
>>
Pretty easy if you're lucky or know what you're doing.

I keep a hairpin and a modified piece of metal in my wallet just in case I lock myself out of my house. It's a like $50 lock and deadbolt set. You'd think that after using the hairpin and metal to get into my house a few times I'd upgrade locks but honestly I don't have anything to steal I would give a shit about. Don't get me wrong I have nice things but it's all replaceable and last time I had a break-in they got all my family heirlooms so now I just don't give a shit.
>>
>>17235709
That's not so much a key as it is a handle Turner.
>>
Dude fucking what

I could pick that shit in less than 10 fucking seconds
>>
>>17235815
Yeah, that's what I thought, but I wanted some backup before I raise hell with the rental office tomorrow. I think they are going with some kind of standardized key tech so it's easy to replace them. But not if I get the other 500 apartments to give a shit about it. Thanks.
>>
>>17235859
It's funny because even someone with no experience could pick these locks just from inserting something quickly and turning

You should raise hell regardless because the only thing that the lock could stop is someone not tall enough to reach it, or a toddler.
>>
>>17235859
are you fucking braindead ? what was the first thing you thought when you saw that key ? i'd ask them it that was a joke.. i don't think it's even legal to have whatever that is as an lock to an outside door
>>
>>17235709
Kek. That ain't a key. Of course anyone can pick that shit.
>>
>>17235709
Change your lock and add a deadbolt and ask out the crime scene technician
>>
>>17235709
Incredibly easy. Could bump-pick that in a heartbeat.
Basically instead of having to get numerous pins at their correct height at the same time to turn the lock, they'd only have to get 1 because you only have one indentation in the key. The rest just have to be up.
>>
>>17235899
Thank you. This is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>17235899
>Bump pick

Nigger you could use a fucking paper clip or bobby pin on that shit
>>
I suspect that it's so simple so the landlord or maintenance person can have a master key. A key like that should have five or six notches.
>>
>>17235919
That's what I thought, so I went next door an asked my neighbor to show me his key. His looked like a normal key. But he's been here for years. I think you are right. This is being done to make it easier for management to get inside.
>>
File: IMAG0212.jpg (630KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0212.jpg
630KB, 1836x3264px
Keys look like this, yo
>>
>>17235946
Yeah, I was going to say that, look at other keys.
>>
This is complete bait.
>>
Did you get the CSI's number
>>
>>17235997
I wish it was, man. I wish it was.
>>
>>17235709
Nigger If that's your key she was exaggerating. A 10 year old kid.. no. A 4 year old could pick that lock by accidentally flicking a boogie into it.

Serioisly dude. Look up how lock picking works and you'll realize why having a 99% flat keyt is pants on head retarded
>>
>>17235709

>You just engaged a criminal in close quarters
>You risked your life for what? Gaming consoles?
>Good thing he wasn't holding a screwdriver, boxcutter, or any basic tool a thief might use.

For anyone interested, the right procedure would be:

1) retreat
2) call police
3) watch and be the best witness possible.
>>
File: poobear.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poobear.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>17237731
For anyone that isn't a pussy, grab that bat you keep behind your tv stand, or door crack, or whatever and announce to the mother fuckers skull you're about to crack open he PICK THE WRONG HOUSE, FOOL.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.