[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feelings of loneliness and lack of support system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: kERNTTm.png (179KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
kERNTTm.png
179KB, 1024x946px
So recently my life has been kind of shitty. I rarely had a support group that really motivated me and helped me out emotionally, but it never really hit me until these last two months. I feel worthless and without meaning. I have friends, but I don't really feel connected to any of them and it's probably because of me. I tend to overthink how people think of me in a negative way which makes me seem like I'm disinterested in people. Even with my closest of friends, I feel like they only see me as someone they sort of like to hang out with.

My parents really were never there for me and usually just bitched me out if I didn't get all As or if I'm not working. Then all of the sudden they split up and now are trying to act buddy buddy with me and I honestly want them to fuck off.

In terms of love life, I haven't dated anyone in almost two years. I got dumped by my gf and I just honestly can't see myself dating anyone again. Mostly because I know I'm not happy, and I don't want to be in a relationship when I can't love myself. I feel like I would just come off as too needy.

Idk famolamborginis. I've been having a lot more intrusive thoughts on suicide and how nobody would give a fuck if I just disappeared. But I know this is toxic thinking. It's just last night I couldn't go to bed because of these shitty thoughts. I do have a therapist, but I feel like it's not really helping me in the long term, I just really really struggle with opening up to people. I just can't do it, I'm too afraid to be vulnerable.

Wtf do I do?
>>
>>17232647
>I do have a therapist, but I feel like it's not really helping me in the long term
I'm going to suggest you to get a new therapist. What you have requires a lot of work and help, and if a therapist doesn't help you, get a new one. Unlike other branches of medicine, psychology requires the patient and the doctor to have a level of connection.
>>
>>17232690

What do you think of psychiatry? I don't want to be dependent on a pill to make me happy, but if it's a chemical problem, I guess I might as well try it.
>>
>>17232754
If it's a chemical imbalance, you should definitely go for it. But remember you need to have your doctor tell you you need it.
>>
>>17232765

Might as well bring it up with my doctor and see what he comes up with. He's pretty trust worthy, so I doubt he'll try to push something onto me that I don't need.
>>
>>17232793
Great idea, go for it!
>>
>>17232690
> What you have requries a lot of work and help

What kind of treatment do you think I should be seeking out for? I know my problem is lack of self-esteem/self-worth. I'd assume someone that could rework my thinking.
>>
Wow, this thread wasn't actually turned to shit.
>>
>>17232842
That's something your doctor or psychologist should tell you. I'm not properly qualified to say such a thing, but it does seem to me you need professional help, either a psychologist or a psychiatrist most likely.

>>17232845
Because I'm the only one responding.
>>
>>17232852
Thanks a lot dude, you're being really helpful.
>>
>>17232842

I've seen people on and off for the last three years, and you might want to have a list of what you want to work on.

I shot myself in the foot over and over by not keeping track of all my thoughts and going off on tangents each session. It has helped now, but because I also entered a local gov't department of mental help. The department asks what treatment the patient will receive, so both my psychologist and paychiatrist made general goals for me.

You might also want to do some self-reflecting and see patterns in your own behavior, or look for possible sources of your troubles. I realized just yesterday (with my psychologist) that I was neglected as a child and from my own reasoning, it probably explains why I crave affection from women.

Also, don't fear asking questions. I always felt like my problems are so insignificant, so I belittle myself. I felt if I asked about one thing or another -- especially in diagnosing PDs or mood disorders-- that I would be accused of malingering and "faking it". You're already there for a reason, so you might as well work through it together. Your pdoc can't help you without knowing more about you.
>>
File: 1463786587369.jpg (368KB, 2640x2539px) Image search: [Google]
1463786587369.jpg
368KB, 2640x2539px
french fag here, got depressed since along time, mom hanged herself when i was 14, dad gave up raising me since.
Loneliness's tough, you & me aren't depressive or some weird psychatric disease name.
The main disease of psychiatric problems is loneliness. Just find people and be yourself, if they have a problem witchu, fuck em. I don't really have friends, but i could fight for the 2 or 3 ones who really loves me.

Meds sucks, i went 2 months in a psychiatric clinic, i was just high as fuck, 12 pills of oxazépam a day plus paroxetine & sleeping pills.
My psychiatrist's a dick, only asking me if i smoked pot & get drunk since the last time i saw him (i'm having trouble with pot & alcohol)

That's a quite fucked up thing that hit us m8, but you can't get rid of it without love, true love, anything else's bullshit to reassure your entourage, just to say "yeah, i treat myself"
>>
>>17232893

That might be something I should try to do. Set goals for myself. I totally understand the whole faking it feeling. It's not that I'm faking my feelings, it's like I said, I just don't really go too much into detail about how I feel like.
>>
>>17232921
Yeah, I think that's how it feels right now, I feel like I have no emotional support or rather I'm just preventing myself from getting help. I just don't want to be a burden to others.

I don't really struggle with drugs, I smoke cigarettes and weed occasionally. Don't really drink.

I hope everything works out for you m8.
>>
>>17232923
>That might be something I should try to do. Set goals for myself. I totally understand the whole faking it feeling. It's not that I'm faking my feelings, it's like I said, I just don't really go too much into detail about how I feel like.

Try not to do specific goal right now. You don't exactly know your problem, so try to figure out why exactly you are at therapy — unless you already know. I always get asked why i am there, and desu, it's probably a lot of things put together.

Try to explain your feelings or even try rationalizing them. It's still part of you and worth being observed. I have an irrationality by trying to rationalize everything, I can't help it because I have been like that since age 6.
>>
>>17232949
>irrationality by trying to rationalize everything

That's actually something I struggle with a lot. I can sit in bed for hours thinking about random things and my interactions with people.
>>
>>17232931
I think talking to a psychologist might be good for you, generally they listen, give advices, get small goals with you, they understand and don't judge at all, which is the greatest point about em...
Actually it's 8 Am here, didn't sleeped, gf broke up, im drunk as fuck browsing 4chan so... that's quite a shitty life but gotta maintain.
Just be careful, if all the stuff you looking at makes you think about how you could kill yourself with it, that's the absolute moment to ask for help, i mean it, and i coulnd't be there to warn you if i didn't make it a year ago.
>>
>>17232963
Hahhahahahaha, that's always me. I wouldn't interact with people because I froze and thought about the other interactions. I used to not respond at all in person because I spent minutes trying to think of the best reply or various situation in my head.

Like feelings, yeah, I can feel. But I also think they're worthless, so I try to block out everything.
>>
>>17232968
>that's the absolute moment to ask for help

Hence why i'm asking on here :)

>>17232975

It's more so, I just know that emotions typically lead to me getting hurt so I try to block it out. Definitely not healthy.

You guys are all really great.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.