[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a guy and a girl be best friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Platonic-wise
>>
>>17230093
Yes.
>>
>>17230093
No
>>
>>17230093
No.

Unless they're gay or related.
>>
>>17230093
Yes, but i believe at one point in the friendship one of them has wanted to bang the other one with very few exceptions to this rule
>>
>>17230093
Yes. My friend of the opposite sex feels much like a sibling to me. We're both also in relationships, so there's no attraction.
>>
Yes, I was neighbours with a girl and there was no other kids in the neighbourhood but us two so we would always hang out together. We ended up going to the same school, being in the same class and growing up together.

To those of you sceptics, yes, we did goof around sexually and yes we've been there for each other both sexually (we've lost virginities to each other) and emotionally but we're bot in relationships with different people now and we still get together to talk and text sometimes.
>>
>>17230297
>We're both also in relationships, so there's no attraction.
how is that mutual exclusive?

@OP
of course not lol only if both sides are gay
>>
>>17230093
Not unless one or both of them is hard gay.
>>
>>17230297
He has masturbated to the thought of you.

You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
>>
>>17230325
You just said your relationship was NOT platonic, it was sexual.
>>
>>17230093
My best friend is a girl and before that I didn't think it was possible. We both wingman for each other and do everything together but we've never felt any sort of attraction to each other. I think it's rare but possible.
>>
>>17230357
But the only reason we ever did the sexual things is because we were always around each other not because we intended to like people usually do.

It was only natural.
>>
>>17230371
>the sexual things is because we were always around each other not because we intended to

This is the essence of opposite sex 'friendships'.
>>
>>17230354
This would work, or if you both have physical characteristics that make you unattractive to each other.

What makes a friendship platonic or non-platonic though? Is it your feelings or your actions? I do think a lot of guy-girl platonic friendships have a bit of sexual tension, but I also don't feel like it's necessarily a bad thing as long as it doesn't turn into feels. There's a huge continuum of levels and types of attraction. I've been friends with people that I've felt mildly attracted to, but not attracted enough to act on. I don't know how they felt and I never asked. We just had fun spending time together.

Those friendships tend to be more fragile though. Might be because of the potential for feels. Or it might be that when you start a new relationship, a lot of friendships start to take a back seat, and the opposite-sex friendships even more so because you don't want your new partner to think you're being too friendly with other guys/girls.
>>
I've had two really good female friends. The first one fell in love with me and I rejected her. I fell in love with the second one and she rejected me. I feel like one side will always develope feelings towards the other, they might just not never tell the other person. Which is a bit like torture really.
>>
>>17230093
Yeah, I believe so. It's called mutual un-attraction to each other.
>>
>>17230093
Most woman would find that to be true, I had a lot of girlfriends that seemed to truly believe I was like a brother to them. Even if they knew how I felt. In my own experience as a guy, I don't actually make friends with any girls who I don't find attractive in the i-want-to-fuck-you kind of way. I don't necessarily like them enough for anything more then a little fooling around though, so that is as platonic as my intentions can get.
>>
>>17230093
Sure, but that doesn't mean sexual feelings will never exist. Or that they have to be the death of the friendship

I'm a dude, my best friend is a girl. We've had casual sex. It wasn't because either of us caught the feels for each other, we were just comfortable with one another, drunk, and kind of horny so why not. We did it a few more times, met other people, stopped, it changed nothing about our relationship.

I have other female friends who i'd never sleep with. One in particular I adore, and am hyper flirty with (that's just our dynamic, lots of compliments, sweet sentiments, and like) but I think of as a little sister and literally get that same buzzing white noise thing you get in your mind when you try to think of your siblings having sex.
>>
>>17230371
>But the only reason we ever did the sexual things is because we were always around each other not because we intended to like people usually do.

>It was only natural.

PLATONIC
adjective
(of love or friendship) intimate and affectionate but not sexual.
"their relationship is purely platonic"
>but not sexual.
>NOT
>SEXUAL

So, according to what you just told us, it is only natural for a man and woman who are friends to become sexual. Which means they are no longer platonic friends.
>>
Yes, but only if the girl is ugly or if the guy is a faggot.
>>
>>17230737
>Which means they are no longer platonic friends

not that anon (actually this anon>>17230636)

But you say that like it's a concrete absolute that is set in stone, as if once it goes one way, it can't be another.

Life is more fluid than that.

I can say 100% that there is no sexual tension, undertones, feelings or whatever between my best friend and I.

In fact, that EXACT thing is what freaked my girlfriend out about my best friend and I at first--the worry that we did--then she actually hung around us, watched how we interacted, and realized we treat each other like best bros and nothing more. Now she and my best friend get along super well.
>>
>>17230093
As a straight guy, I can say yes. Although confession, I did once jerk it to her, I never did again and don't care about having sex with her.
>>
Yes, but in guarantee you there's always going to be some sort of sexual tension, or one party will secretly find the other attractive
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.