[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LDR girlfriend wants me to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I have a long distance relationship girlfriend who wants me to move 8 hours away to a Chicago suburb. She's an extremely motivated naturalized American citizen from Mexico and I'm an unmotivated slob who works a retail job and lives with his parents. Part of me wants to stay close to my family and friends. She loves me very much and I her, yet I feel like if I moved in with her she wouldn't understand my self depreciating sense of humor, the things that I do, and my obsession with games and browsing the Internet (specifically 4chan).

On top of that I have doubts about being able to support myself monetarily once I move.

Should I stay or should I go?
>>
>>17222823
Have you tried talking to her about your doubts? I mean, clearly you want to be closer to her, but having no way to support yourself when you arrive etc are going to be issues.

On the other hand, if you love her you should be willing to work those problems out, which should make talking through it easier as you compromise.

(I personally left my family behind to be with my gf, I talk to them online now and it's fine.)
>>
I can't even stammer the idea out that she may not like my personality.
>>
Moreover, she wants children and is in her 30's and I am 26 and not thrilled about the prospect.
>>
>>17222907
How long has this LDR been going exactly? Because surely if it's been going on long enough to move to her, she would know your personality too.

And well, kids. That's something you have to discuss as adults. Maybe you should ask people you know with kids how they felt etc? Might change your mind (but that doesn't mean get her knocked up on the first day or some retarded shit, seriously.)
>>
How the fuck can you be in a relationship with someone if they don't know your personality?
>>
>>17222823
I'll move in with her instead, I always wanted to live in Chicago.
>>
>>17222954
I'll pretend to be you.
>>
>>17222946

She sees how I am when I'm not browsing shitposts on pol

>>17222934

Year and a half
>>
>>17223082
If you only only "act up" online, then that isn't really a part of your personality, it's a habit. Very different.

And a year and a half should be plenty of time for her to decide whether she likes your personality. Just spend less time on /pol/ and you are just fine.
>>
>>17223095

The problem is that I have a more cynical sense of humor that I don't express in front of her. I hang out with a bunch of people who make dick jokes.

For context this is the most recent message she sent me when I woke up this morning
>>
>>17223129
Dude, your sense of humour seems to be the least of her worries.
>>
>>17223148

Such as coming up with excuses to not commit to anything?

I've found a job transfer and all I need to do is fax some paperwork, yet I hesitate.
>>
>>17223165
Well, why do you hesitate? Is it moving that worries you? Or something about her that bugs you? Is it the idea of children?

Or is it your low self esteem and poor self worth?
>>
>>17223292

Probably all of the above
>>
>>17223347
Do you know any specifics, or is it a general feeling?

And it is all probably tied to your low self worth. I went through several moments of great stress because of my own inability to accept anything so good could happen to me, and that resulted in me telling her to dump me (which she didn't, because she understood how much I loved her.)

So you can try talking it out, see if that makes you feel better, either here or with her, or try sleeping on it and see how you feel in the morning. Not worth rushing a decision like this.
>>
>>17223361

I've grown accustom to having a lot of free time. I like to travel to conventions like Magfest where i hang out with all my friends i know online and also attend events like EVO with friends from my hometown. She herself doesn't even like video games, or anything I'm into.

This coupled with my video game and Internet addiction really kills my desire to settle down.
It's been getting really bad as I wait until after she ends our video calls to sleep and then stay up until 3 am playing games.
>>
Singles says you go to her
>>
Is her name Pricila ?lol
>>
>>17223853
What connects you if she's not into anything you're to?
>>
>>17223902

Honestly? I don't know. We both disagree politically, she dislikes video games, and we don't like the same kinds of movies or books.

I guess I just grew on her
>>
>>17224018
It's worrisome if you don't have any similar interests. Variety in taste is healthy but it only goes so far. Are you sure you'd enjoy her company in person? Obviously it's very different from LDR.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.