[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend takes things way out of proportion, and now I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1316240057263.jpg (2KB, 126x109px) Image search: [Google]
1316240057263.jpg
2KB, 126x109px
o preface everything, She's an Indian and atheist, doesn't want anything to do with her parents' religion. They expect her to get an arranged marriage, and she outright refuses to. We've been together behind their back for this whole time making our time together sporadic at times. We don't get a lot of alone time, so sex is even more sporadic. She just graduated college and is in the process of interviewing for jobs. We've planned on moving in together once she lands a good one.
Now to get into some of the issues. Without diving into all of the little circumstances, she will take very small quibbles and make them into something much bigger that they are not. One circumstance she had a bowl of chips for a snack. After finishing them she said she was still hungry. I made a small comment saying she should get something that's not chips for her next snack. The way I was meaning it was that chips are not filling so something else to fill her up would be better. The way she took it, I apparently insulted her and called her fat and was attacking what she eats. She went on about how she doesn't need to hear this from me and she get's enough about her weight from her Dad, and it kind of went on from there.
>>
I didn't mean anything by my comment, but I don't think it warranted the kind of response I got. I love her to death and her weight isn't a concern to me. I just figured a different snack would have been better.
I will preface the next event again. Last weekend I had a friend come in from out of town. She spent the weekend with us except for one day. We all had a lot of fun and I got to see her much more than I usually do in a short span of time.
Now on to this weekend. I work at home on Fridays and she wanted to come see me at home, but she would need to leave later in the day for other plans. I told her she could but I couldn't guarantee how much work I would be doing. In the end she didn't end up coming over but we skyped for most of the day. Something we do very often. We basically skype every day since we live about an hour away from each other.
>>
>>17220872
Now onto today. She usually takes her sister to dance lessons in a town that's midway between both of us. I'll go with so we can hang out in the area for a few hours together. Today, her parents would also be going, and they would be going to some stores together. She still wanted me to go but I felt a little uncomfortable and told her I'd see her tomorrow since we already made plans to. She get's really upset with me. She's saying I must have not wanted to see her and that I should want to since I haven't seen her in a while. But like I said 4 days in a row last weekend. We maybe get 4 days in 2 weeks usually. She goes on about how I must have thought she was stupid because she knows how to deal with her parents and that it wouldn't have been an issue.
She went on further to say I clearly just wanted to stay at home and play video games and that because the sex we had last weekend (It was kind of weird situation where we only had a little while to do it, in the end it wasn't too great for both of us and was short. We don't have sex super often and is obviously something we want more of, but it can lead to some quickies sometimes). She basically went on how because it wasn't great that now she's feel bad about herself, and that now she feels like she spends more time angry at me.
>>
>>17220877
I am trying to understand her as much as possible. But I really feel like the response I got was unwarranted. I know a relationship will always have it's arguments, but to me there events weren't really something that should have caused this much of an issue. I feel like the bad guy here and that it's all my fault, but my logical side says there's nothing blatantly horrible that i've done. So now I'm in this weird conflicted place and I don't know what to do.
As a brief note: There's some more background stuff I can go into about or relationship if anyone thinks more information is necessary. I'll add it in an edit.
tl;dr: Girlfriend has taken small quibbles/arguments into much more than they should be. I feel bad about everything but don't know what to do since I don't feel like the responses are warranted.
>>
Bpd
Get the fuck out of there anon
>>
>>17220870
>>17220872
>>17220877
>>17220880

Without much to go on, I think she probably has serious issues related to her parents and her self-esteem. She probably doesn't have an outlet either and bottles everything up until she explodes. Try bringing this to her attention and see if she's willing to seek counseling (or at the very least, learn to talk about her feelings openly).
>>
Doesn't sound like you've actually done anything wrong anon. If you wanna sort it try actually talking about it with eachother.
That or bail because you cant take how shit she's making you feel.
>>
>>17220894
I think this is definitely something I want to try, at the very least talking to her more, getting her to be more open about things. She'll vent frustrations to me sometimes, but I'm getting the feeling that's not everything.

Earlier in our relationship I believe she mentioned some pretty serious issues with her dad and some possible abuse. That seems like a very likely problem.
>>
>>17220898
I'm going to try and put the effort out there, but at the some time don't want her to take it out of proportion again>

And bailing out for me is definitely not something I'd like to consider yet.
>>
OP, my gf does this sort of thing sometimes. It's pretty shitty.

As >>17220894 mentioned, it's related to self-esteem and other issues that were almost certainly around before you were.

My gf is willing to listen to reason, I don't know if yours will but it's worth trying. If it happens again, you need to stay very calm, and just explain to her what you meant. Assure her you're not as multifarious as she thinks you are, and that you're just being honest with her (or in the case of the chips, a misunderstanding). Let her know that the way she's interpreting everything you say (assuming the worst possible meaning) makes you feel like you have to censor yourself, and that's something that doesn't really make you want to spend more time with her.

The key to a working relationship is communicating well, you've gotta make this clear to her. What worked for me was telling my gf that I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship if there's no communication.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.