[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a long distance relationship worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Tardis-for-cats-550x742.jpg (81KB, 550x742px) Image search: [Google]
Tardis-for-cats-550x742.jpg
81KB, 550x742px
>From the US
>Meets guy in UK after exchange
>I think relocation to UK is possible in my future
>He cannot afford flying to the states and has never been outside of Europe
>>
>>17220232
LDR = high risk, lots of effort, low reward.

How many years until you can move together?
Hint: even 1 year is VERY long time to consider.
>>
>>17220269
I can relocate for grad school, but I am currently a sophomore at college
Can it be like this? Tell him to stay platonic, and if none of us found someone else by then, move to the UK?
>>
>>17220278
Moving countries is a big decision to make
>>
>>17220289
Yes I understand of course
But does that method work?
>>
>>17220232
Spent $300 and a 20 hour bus ride to be with the girl I was in a LDR with was supposed to be a 2 month visit and it lasted 5 days
>>
>>17220296
If you can make it work, it's like asking can a human catch a bird with no tools.
Yes you could make it happen but the likelyhood depends on you and the bird you feel me?
>>
>>17220316
What about is it worth it though?
>I mean, it is me relocating not him
>Someone here pointrd out that moving is a big decision and I agree as well
>No guarantee that it will end well like the guy who traveled to meet his gf in this thread
>I know that he is somewhere along the asexual spectrum and not into sex
>We originally met online before meeting up irl during exchangr and we have known each other 2 years by then
>We are compatiable and gets along with each ither very well, somewhat unlikely we will find someone that compatiable in coming years
>>
>>17220232

>Moving continents for some guy/girl

He/she had better be worth it. Read a heartbreaking story here once of some chick from Thailand who moved in with her US boyfriend who treated her like a house wife without the love and then eventually kicked her out.
>>
>>17220343
You'll have to live in the UK too maybe stay there for a month or 6 weeks to see if you could do it.
>>
>>17220353
I fear that too, but this can be similar to those mail-order bride stories/want Green Card stories (solely based on nationality)
>>17220371
I dont get what you are trying to say
>>
>>17220385

It wasn't a mail order thing, they were genuinely in love at least that's what the girl described it to be like when they first met...Anyway it's your life and upto you to decide if such a big change is worth it.
>>
>>17220385
That moving to another country is a real big deal and unless you're 100% sure it will allow you to be happy you should not do it.
Moving towns can be depressing sometimes but moving countries is a huge decision that shouldn't he made on a whim and without thinking about it a lot.
>>
>>17220393
My parents will not want me to do it
>>
>>17220395
Yes I know, and I have read about the post here about the girl in Thailand who got kicked out
Are you asking me to try living temporary in the UK in my earlier post?
>>
>>17220232
No.
>>
>>17220402
No I was asking you to go measure stones for 4 weeks or longer obviously that was meant to mean that, dear god you're dense
>>
>>17220413
Oh so to see if I can get use to life there
>>
>>17220422
Now you're doing it on purpose but whatever I hope you and your dude the best OP though if I was american I.d never move to another country.
You basically have a whole continent to live on and UK is so small
>>
>>17220428
>You basically have a whole continent to live on and UK is so small
Well this is not an issue to me
Whether it is worth it or not is a bigger question
Nothing is a guarantee in life, and yup, I do realise incidents similar to that Thai girl's can happen before that guy posted it
Also, will the guy see me as desperate to be with him if I move like that?
>>
>>17220440
If he really likes you he will be happy but maybe you should ask him upfront that you're not sure and if he says he isn't ready for a big commitment like that you might not even need to make a decision like that
>>
>>17220446
Useful suggestion - thanks!
Can moving lead to happiness or am I being naive here? And I should ask that later, right? Not now as in explaining hiw we should stay as friends until I can move after graduation, right?
>>
>>17220495
You're making me sad :(, art least try to be an adult.
I'm going to sleep now just think about it rationally but as of right now moving could be the worst or the best decision in your life you won't know until you've done it and that's about all I can say to you
>>
I was in a LDR for over a year and was about to move in with her when I found out she'd been cheating on me with multiple people. LDR will open up trust issues and insecurities like you've never had, it's incredibly expensive, emotionally taxing, and you will have a hard time living in the present when all you can look forward to is the future. The only reason a LDR would work out is if you and the person had a long, stable, committed relationship before the distance became a factor or if the distance will only be a factor for a couple months. Otherwise, try to move on. It's for the best
>>
>>17220507
>moving could be the worst or the best decision in your life you won't know until you've done it and that's about all I can say to you
You are right
We have known each other online for a long time but if the UK we only spent a brief time irl (i. e. less than a week)
Is everything too risky then? Like, meet with him more times irl before even considering this?
>>
>>17220521
At least you found out before you moved in with her
>>
>>17220521
>I was in a LDR for over a year and was about to move in with her when I found out she'd been cheating on me with multiple people.

Lol are you literally me? Except for me it was 3 years and she was actually full on out dating other men and for some reason still had me as a boyfriend, I was such a dumb 20 year old but oh well
>>
>>17220521
I'm 18 and my girlfriend's 17, been going out for a year, she's going to uni far away for 4 years and wants us to have an LDR with the hope that 'It might work' or 'Atleast we have more time that way'. Fuck that I'm breaking up with her as soon as she leaves and hopefully find someone else soon, I'm glad I'm not about to make a stupid decision like that.
>>
>>17220567
Damn I'm 20 rn. Yeah, shit blows. Looking back on it there was signs the whole time that I ignored but man I'm glad to be out of it

>>17220746
Good choice
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.