[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

speeding ticket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Speeding-A-Factor_0.jpg (10KB, 303x231px) Image search: [Google]
Speeding-A-Factor_0.jpg
10KB, 303x231px
hey, to any of you who've ever fought a speeding ticket or just know law, I'm interested if I can do anything here?

So, I was parked on top of a hill that is about a football field and a half wide, maybe two; and as I pulled out, I rolled down on my 98' accord and about five seconds later, maybe less, I get pulled over. Sirens started blaring about halfway down and than closer to the bottom we stopped.

He said I was going 43 in a 30. I didn't ask him if he could show me it, it seemed weird, but I suppose it's at least possible.

It just seemed incredibly predatory and wrong to just watch me get in my car at the top of the hill, roll down on an incline for a couple seconds (5), and than immediately get a ticket. I just don't think that's reasonable.

To anyone with knowledge of any of this, I'd appreciate it to hear what you think; if I should challenge/have a case or I'm just retarded.
>>
>>17218815
>if I should challenge/have a case or I'm just retarded.

If those are the only two options, I'm afraid I'll have to go with just retarded. You might get a judge to be sympathetic to speeding in some circumstances (I was bleeding out and on my way to the hospital, my speedometer was broken and I've had that confirmed by the mechanic and since had it fixed) but "I just got in my car a few seconds ago and was going down a hill" is almost certainly not one of them.
>>
Were you speeding though?
>>
So you want to contest it, even though you say yourself you don't know how fast you were going? top kek.

Also if you knew he was watching you, why didn't you take more care?
>>
>>17218815
>contest ticket
>trial by judge
>reschedule court date
>hope cop doesn't show up
>get ticket dismissed

Do NOT do trial by jury. You will lose and you'll incur more court fees.

If the cop does show up for your trial by judge then you will lose. You will then have to pay court fees on top of the traffic fine.

So it's gamble. Get the ticket dismissed at the risk of having to pay extra for court fees if you can't, or just outright pay the fine.
>>
>>17218815
>get ticket lawyer
>they make it so you only pay but get no points typically
>you pay
>fuck that hill

there is a hill in yosemite nat'l park that has a speed limit of 1 mph. protip, a fully loaded suv will go faster down that hill even with brakes fully applied and there is always a cop at the bottom. just if you ever go.
>>
>>17219403
This. Most of the time if you show up it will be dropped because the cop didn't show. They get most of their money from people just paying the tickets without contesting them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.