[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back Pain Cont.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 000backpaint.jpg (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
000backpaint.jpg
47KB, 1024x768px
So, I've been bitching about some back pain for awhile now, and I finally saw my first primary physician earlier in the week. While I haven't had a follow up with him since I saw my test results from the samples he took.. I had some questions I asked him and am waiting for a response on.

But, basically the test results indicated that my kidneys are in bad shape. Something about being less than 60 of something, which if constant can lead to kidney disease/failure.

Which leads me to wonder since I haven't actually been told the cause of my back pain, if it might be kidney pain I'm experiencing?

An anon was posting last time I made this topic and he seemed like he had a good grasp on the medical field, but I never thought to mention kidneys as an idea for the pain.
>>
who` quote? start with black canvas since all in the world is black until gets lit
>>
>>17215208
>pain in lower right back
>just off spine, above hips
>dull, chronic, but not consistent
>pain comes and goes, never lets me sit comfortably, or even lay
>had for years, but as of past 2-3 months pain has increased when present
>>
>>17215223
thats definitely kidneys son
>>
object total black was not lit before got lit from sun was there in the sky and all lite from around the object came later. this lite closed indirect possibility i am the robotzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>17215262
Is this a meme?
>>
>>17215228
No kidneys are higher
>>
>>17215274
Right now, the doctor recommended me to do stretches and work on posture. I'm doing the stretches but having trouble keeping my posture correct. I work 8 hours at a desk pretty much, but I did stop PC gaming and switched to console gaming where I can lean back, as opposed to hunching over.

Is that any bit beneficial or was I better off hunching over at home as well?
>>
>>17215175
GFR less than 60. Yep, kidneys are damaged. Maybe he'll prescribe you ACE-I ? Maybe you have bilateral renal artery stenosis?

Damn, what a pain it must be to be an FP
>>
>>17215400
ACEI? Bilateral Renal Artery Stenosis? FP?

He gave me arthritis medication for the pain I was complaining about, but it hasn't taken any of the edge off.
>>
>>17215400
I'm only 23 by the way.
>>
>>17215175
>>17215400
Damn i recognized the pic. Completely overlooked kidneys last time for the lower right pain because of the other symptoms (should have asked for a more detailed description of the pain).
Yeah, the 2 different kinds of pain are almost certainly unrelated.

The pain in your neck (at c7) is the classic pain you get from sitting at a computer, TV, drafting board, for 8+ hours a day with poor posture (i suspect half the anons in this thread have had it before). The arthritis meds are probably going to be useless. Do the stretches your doctor told you about, along with some of the ones i may have posted in the last thread if you saved them (focused on the upper back and neck, not so much the lower back strengtheners like the superman plank, though it won't hurt of course).

The lower-right pain is probably kidney, so that needs to be sorted out by the doc (or the nephrologist/urologist he might refer you to). Treatment depends on cause, they'll explain it.

>>17215380
Hunching over less will definitely help (though that should be kind of obvious).
I can also say that from personal experience (with celtic art: the ink-on-parchment work involves slaving over it for 40+ hours at a decline).
However, if the muscles are tight as hell and refuse to relax in any normal position, this won't work (unfortunately also have experience with that): in that case, the exercising and stretching will be the most important way to improve it. A PT/chiro/etc can easily tell if this is the case because range of motion will be drastically reduced.
>>
>>17215899
Shiiiiet. I wish he'd call me, or at least email me a pain prescription that would work until I see him next month.

If he saw the same results I got, I figured he would've gotten ahold of me by now to discuss the kidney issues.

Maybe it isn't that big of a deal, and I shouldn't analyze the results myself?
>>
>>17215407
Basically I think he needs to check out 200 different scenarios to decide how to help you and thinking about them makes my head hurt.

>>17215899
> pain in neck at C7
How? I thought C7 was sensation over the middle finger and triceps reflex. My brain is dead.
>>
alskdjfalksjf now it says there's a past appointment yesterday involving a phone call with me, and I call them a moment ago because I don't want to go the whole weekend without following up, and they're like "okay, well the nurse will call you back and talk to you about it"

Now to keep playing the waiting game.
>>
>>17215918
>>17216210
relax, it's a chronic problem.
your kidneys aren't going to suddenly fail over the weekend.
if they were gonna, someone woulda called you.

>>17215920
as in literally pain at spinous process of C7 (where nuchal ligament attaches)
>>
>>17216604
ohh hahaha
tenderpoint?
cool.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.