[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I have a problem. A weird one tbf. I play video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1463581344659.jpg (76KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
1463581344659.jpg
76KB, 460x550px
Hey /adv/

I have a problem. A weird one tbf.
I play video games quite a bit and often go on during the evening around 6 or 7. Two of my best friends would be one quite a bit but suddenly they stopped. I was weirded out by this. It was so sudden. A few hours ago I was invited to a beach party by them and found they have been taking drugs. They have been getting it off some fucking scumbag. He gives it too them and in a sick way feel replaced. They mostly ignored me for most of it as they were taking ecstasy and some other shit. I know they have free choice but it feels they have ditched me completely for drugs. It really hurts. I was shocked by this as they go to a pretty posh school. Anyway long story short is there anyway I can stop them from taking drugs? Or is it too late? Should I just never engage with them ever again? I find drugs fucking degenerate.
>>
>>17212833
You must be 18 out older to post here.
>>
is this how poor people cope? by feeling morally superior?
>>
File: 1462638443576.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1462638443576.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
>>17212833

I don't know how old you are OP, but you sound like me when I was in early high school (14sh) so let me give you some advice:

Whether it's drugs, booze or girls, you're reaching the age where your friends will discover things outside the bubble of childhood, where all you needed was some buddies and some vidya. It happens to everyone sooner or later. If you don't see the appeal of what they're doing, don't worry. You're not broken, you just appreciate different things and there's not anything wrong with that. Basically it comes down to pleasure: they've found something that gives them instant pleasure and it's totally unlike anything they've ever encountered so they want to overload on it. If you're approaching high school/college/uni, this shit is going to happen LOTS.

But you sound jealous as fuck, and that's a bad place to be in. I've been there. You want them to have a bad trip or get caught and shamed so they can come crawling back to you and you can say you were right. But you're wrong. You have to let people live their lives. If you really respect your friends as friends, you'll let them do their shit. If they look like they're about to fuck their lives up (skipping school to do drugs, plummeting grades, getting fired, w/e) then step in a little harsher. It works on the flipside, too.If they respect you as a friend, they'll understand that you don't want to do drugs at parties with them.

I'll give you some advice though: go with the flow. I was a lot like you when I was younger (total sperg anti-drug ABOVE THE INFLOOENCE) and now that I'm a lot older, I can say I missed out on a lot of fun experiences that you can only have when you're young and dumb. Maybe ask them if they want to do E sometime, just the three of you, and play some video games. Or not.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your life, OP [spoiler]it only gets worse from here[/spoiler]
>>
>>17213075
Pretty sure they cope by taking drugs.
Shit drugs, of course, but y'know.
>>
>>17213226
Pretty much this.

Drugs are each persons preference but it ultimately comes down to growing up. Move on, live life, dont live in the past.
>>
>>17213226
>>17213231

Pretty much OP. You're growing up <3 let your friends make their mistakes. The only thing that'll happen if you push too hard is they'll pull away.
>>
>>17212833
>I find drugs fucking degenerate.
Grow up
>>
>>17213332
Not op, but is it okay to cut ties with people, who were your friends some time ago, because they do drugs? Not joining them ever. And they bond greatly with that, I'll feel like an outsider anyway.
I have health issues and an extremely escapist personality, so i have a strong feel i'll just choose to die in pleasure. If I could cut myself, while feeling happy, I'll do it, I'm sure. I keep daydreaming about it.
Bad self-control overall, so not going to try any drugs.
And I do not feel anything could drag me out of my imaginary world in my life, while most people do have such things.
>>
>>17213385
Dude, you can cut ties with people for whatever reason you like. Do it because their dog smells, who gives a fuck, its your life.
>>
>>17213385
>ot op, but is it okay to cut ties with people, who were your friends some time ago, because they do drugs?

of course it's ok. it's just obnoxious when you're all high and mighty about it like op.
>>
>>17213385
depends on the drugs
if theyre downing oxys everyday definitely leave asap
if theyre just doing e at parties like OPs id try and join them, maybe dable in psychedelics too
>>
I would say this. Don't mess with any downers and you will be fine. I did E and all that in highschool and grew out of it. Stop being a pussy and have fun while you are young.
>>
>>17213393
>>17213396
Yeah, I understand I can, and I did so many times.
This whole thing about growing up and watching people you knew as children maturing... into some strangers. It's life, yeah, but why does it leave me with such a big hole inside?
>>
>>17213471
Because it makes you sub-consciously realize relationships don't mean much, and can be replaced and in some cases have to be replaced by others. The cases about people having friends for life is rare and you usually realize that friends are great but they aren't all that beautiful(as in friends who are there no matter what) as they were supposed to be. Not for the wrong reasons either, there is things out of the grasp of control that just happens, these words should sum it up: Change is vital in nature and life, the way we deal with it is how we live our lives.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.