[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any femanons had a copper iud put in? How did you handle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Has any femanons had a copper iud put in?

How did you handle the pain of it?
I tried to get the procedure done and had to stop it because it hurt so bad.

Does anyone have some advice to just get through it?

Even some anons with gfs that have gone through it?

I'm really scared of failing again bc of pain.

Thanks, /adv/!
>>
>>17208203
I'll bump because I'm interested as well.
>>
>shameless bump
>>
>>17208203
I don't have one, but I have read that you should take a few painkillers 30 minutes before the procedure, because it will sting and pinch a bit. You'll also cramp up after it's in place, but as long as you've taken some painkillers it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck OP
>>
>>17208280
Thank you for the adv, anon. I'll def take a stronger pain killer than last time.
>>
I didn't get a copper one, just the regular hormonal one. It felt like my uterus was being strung up on flesh hooks (despite painkillers). It was temporary though, I felt fine after a day.
Grit your teeth and deal with it, it's only for a few moments that it really hurts.
>>
>>17208203
I have the hormonal IUD. The procedure hurt like period, to be fair.
If you're really nervous, it will hurt more.
Relax, take some painkillers, maybe something to ease your nerves.
>>
Nobody told me these hurt to get put in. Now I'm scared too

Why is it always our fault to worry about birth control, often in ways that seriously hurt us or put us in danger? Nobody fucking wants kids just yet. Sex is for fun and bonding.

Why can't there be long term reversible male contraception?
>>
>>17208322
>Why can't there be long term reversible male contraception?
Well, there were all those funds going into the pill... and then stagnated for 50 years.
The pill comes from the 70s, and only recently there's been some movement towards some easy and practical male contraception.
it's shameful, but women's right were a political issue, men's right are better left untouched, so that's the way the money goes - and let's be grateful that at least there are free contraceptives, and are better than condoms!
>>
>>17208314
Yeah. I never really get cramps during my periods so the cramping was SO intense. I never knew. I always sympathized with my friends and now that i have felt it...

Man, i am so scared. Thanks for your imput, femanon. This thread is helping me.
>>
>>17208203
I had a copper IUD for two months.
The IUD ejected itself or at least tried to.. I had contractions for two hours before going to the ER.
This was because I have small anatomy and a tilted uterus and had never been pregnant before.
Get a pelvic exam before you get an IUD in to see if you are tilted, make sure someone experienced inserts it.. mine was not done properly because of the tilt.
Also the IUD does not prevent eggs from getting fertilized.. so you technically conceive while it is in place it just kills the zygote, they did not tell me this.
>>
Both me and my cousin have a tilted uterus and neither of us has had a child. We both have different doctors and both doctors will not do it because of those reasons. Im good with the pill but cousin kept forgetting to take hers. She got that implant in her arm instead. My mom had an iud put in after she had me and it fell out the next day.
>>
>>17208203

Ok, these topics can get gloomy very easily. Don't get scared. As many girls here have stated their own problems with the IUD I feel like I should balance it a bit with my own not-so-bad experience with it.

First, the pain. Yes, it does hurt, especially if you're not used to cramps. However it is manageable since the most pain you feel is with the insertion and that lasts only a few seconds. If you can get through that, the rest is piece of cake.

I had mine inserted almost a year ago and since I always get horrible cramps the procedure was just as any other day with my period. We were done very quickly.

Next, stories of it falling out by itself. Yes, it seems like that happens as well but from what my doctor told me, those cases are still a minority. Mine is still in its place after, like I said, almost a year and I have had rough sex, fallen on my ass many times to the ground (due to snowboarding), and everything is in order. I am super super paranoid so I have gone to check my IUD out several times in the year to check if it's still there and working and every single time it has come out ok.

It doesn't prevent eggs from being fertilised. That is also something I didn't know, until I consulted my doctor. The device is more like a repellent of the egg. It still scares me shitless, so I avoid having unprotected sex during my most fertile days. So far, so good.
>>
>>17208203
Why don't you just take the pill like I do?
Easy, painless and safe. It even made my period much lighter and better, before I had terrible pain and really heavy bleeding now I don't feel any pain anymore and my bleeding is perfectly manageable. I wouldn't change my pill for the world. I wish I had listened to my mother sooner when she told me to take the pill even if I didn't have a boyfriend because my periods hurt so much. I can't stand the idea of having objects inserted into my vagina.
>>
>>17210477
bloo bloo bloo why don't you just do what I do

Because you're not everyone. Some people have horrific hormonal reactions to the pill, or depo injections, or systemic hormonal birth control in general. Some do best on implants where the progesterone is localized and never reaches their brain to fuck with their emotions.

That's great that pills work for you. You are not everyone. Every single woman is going to be different in what works for her body. And as for "I don't want something inserted in my vagina," no one cares. What bothers you doesn't bother other people.
>>
I got it inserted twice. Once one that is just placed in the uterus and once on that gets anchored in your uteral walls. Yeah, it does hurt a bit. But it's absolutely manageable. I didn't take any painkillers. But i might be biased, i have given birth before and always had bad menstrual cramps, so i might be used to pain a bit. What seemed to help was that my doc asked me to gently cough the moment she inserted the iud. This relaxes you and seems to make you temporarily unaware of uteral pain. I know my midwife told me to cough when she "janked" the placenta out after giving birth. Maybe give that a try!
After the insertion, i didn't feel anything.
>>
>>17210487
OP's had a bad experience with your method so of course I'm going to suggest what in my experience is a much better, superior under every aspect alternative. No need to get so hissy and defensive, it makes it look like all that pain from the IUD is fucking with your brain, sis :)
>>
I don't get how they can open you up to get it inside of you. Do you all have really loose vaginas or something? I can't even get my pinky up inside of me when not aroused.
>>
>>17208322
>Why can't there be long term reversible male contraception?
There is.....
It's called "Paying for an abortion"
>>
wtf is this even for?
>>
>>17210499
Just because it was manageable for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. I've always had terrible cramps too but I never got used to them, before the pill I had to take double doses of ibuprofen to get through the pain otherwise I couldn't stand it. And I never could the stand the pain and discomfort of a tampon those few times I tried to insert one I don't even want to try something painful like the IUD. I'm a virgin so the pill is better for me, I wonder if OP is a virgin too?
>>
>>17209295
>so you technically conceive while it is in place it just kills the zygote

No it doesn't kill it - you make it sound like a drone strike - all that happens is it doesn't implant into the uterine tissue and thus never develops.
>>
>>17210509
Pill femanon here, yeah I'm the same. I'm still a virgin though.
>>
>>17208203
I felt like it really didn't hurt that much, but I have a really high pain threshold and had two kids without epi. Take some painkillers or something before you go in, and just think of how painful pregnancy/childbirth is.
>>
>>17210524
You sound like a pansy ass faggot that's really annoying to be around since everything makes you feel nauseaus, sick, gives you headaches, you think it hurts to swallow a pill and you think you got "abdominal cramps" when you're bloated so you can't eat anything with gluten or lactose in it, let alone beans or bloating vegetables. Jesus, can you try and not be a whiny baby for one moment?
>>
>>17210509
>>17210532

Holy shit. can you pretend to not be so goddamn ignorant for one second? Your complete lack of understanding of female anatomy is shocking and depressing.

The implant is on the end of a stick no bigger than a straw. They inject you with a numbing agent into your cervix. You are injected with another agent to dilate your cervix. The implant is pushed through the dilated cervix hole and implanted in your uterous.

Jesus christ, apply yourselves.
>>
>>17210532
>>17210509

The dispenser is very thin and they use lube. They do however dilate you gently so they can see your cervix.

The pain is not from opening or stretching your vagina but from pushing the dispenser through the cervix. Many women feel discomfort/pain from having their cervix bumped during intercourse, some don't, so it's not the IUD itself that hurts being put in - it's the manipulation of the cervix - which is shaped a bit like a one-way valve.
>>
>>17208322
With women all you have to do is take the egg out of commission or keep it from implanting. With men you have to worry about killing millions of sperm. If you're 99% effective with that it's not even close to good enough.
>>17210509
Google speculum.
>>
>>17210539
That already sounds too dangerous and discomfortable and painful for me. I don't want anything in my cervix and I'm very sensitive. I don't like the idea of a string dangling out too or that thing potentially moving around and damaging my internal organs. No thank you.
>>
>>17210539
>They inject you with a numbing agent into your cervix

No, it's gell, it's not an injection although it is applied using a syringe (but no needle).
>>
>>17210538
What? The only whiny baby here's you who's spewing a lot of bullshit.
>>
>>17210539
You silly fucking bint, I'm talking about when they casually insert the speculum and stretch out the vaginal wall.
>>
>>17210545
Yeah no thank you that's far more than I'm comfortable with. I like my internal parts untouched. Especially my cervix I read of rape victims who got brain trauma from having their cervix damaged. I'll stick to my trusty little pill.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (201KB, 1280x863px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
201KB, 1280x863px
>>17210549
>I don't like the idea of a string dangling out too or that thing potentially moving around and damaging my internal organs

It's a device contained wholly within the uterus, it's not the larval stage of the creature from Alien.
>>
>>17210548
Yeah I get it, but that thing is too big to put inside of me when not aroused, especially when they open it up, I've seen the procedure and it makes me cringe. I have enough difficulty taking my boyfriends cock when sopping wet, nevermind that shit. No idea how you guys do it.
>>
>>17208367
>>17208322
there is actually few options for long term male contraception. there's a small device you can get placed in your nutsack that can turn on or off that blocks semen from leaving the nuts, there's also a pill being made that can supposedly render a man sterile for up to a year.
>>
>>17210561
The uterus is an internal organ too you dummy and the IUD's been reported to damage it horribly when it dislodges.

>but it happens to just a minority
Heart attacks happen to just a minority but that doesn't make them any less serious. It's a risk I am not willing to take especially when I already have a better alternative.
>>
>>17210624
Don't act like the potential side effects of the pill are a whole lot better. Those hormones make some people straight up bat shit.
>>
>>17210636
Yeah if it's not the right pill for them. There are so many different kinds and dosages of bc pills, you have to sort of play around with them until you find the correct one for your body.

ie: the first pill I was on caused me to have terrifying nightmares that would end in me waking with leg/abdominal cramps. My doc switched me to a different brand of pill, and I'm perfectly fine now. It also cleared up my skin a lot, and mellowed me out.
>>
>>17208203
I've got a copper one. Maybe I'm weird, but when I had it put in, I took a vicodin, and didn't hurt really at all. I had to have it re-inserted because it had become unseated, and that time didn't take any pain killers at all since I remembered it being pretty mild. Having it re-inserted didn't really hurt at all either, even without painkillers.

My doctor is pretty amazing though, so maybe that has some to do with it.
>>
>>17210650
I actually thoroughly agree with you, on one hand.
I was on the pill for 10 years. For the first 8 or 9 it was great, I had no negative side effects whatsoever. It was a golden world. Once I got into my late 20s, however, I found that fucking around with the hormone levels in your body can really throw your entire life out of whack, I even tried the mini pill, but there's no wiggle room with the damn mini pill.
For those that don't want, or are exhausted from dealing with the affects of hormonal birth control, the copper IUD is fucking perfect.
Rock that pill if you're happy with it, I fucking loved it, clean complexion, 3 day periods, super regular periods and no cramps!! I took it even when I went a year without getting laid! But once you start getting fucking old, stuff affects you differently.
>>
>>17210650
Pill is less effective and perhaps more dangerous than the IUD.

Not saying that the IUD is for everyone, but neither the pill is. You're not eating candies.
>>
So, I have the Skyla. It's hormonal, not copper, and it only lasts 3 years, but it's a much smaller iud and easier to place on women who have never given birth.
The placement procedure was not the most comfortable thing ever but it wasn't that bad at all and I'm not a fucking pussy, so.
10/10 would recommend
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.