[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop hating myself/Gain confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: this sucks.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this sucks.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
Well /adv/, how do I stop hating myself?
I feel so disgusting all the time i cant even look at myself in mirror. I shower daily but it doesnt help.
I always hear "you're a piece of shit" and "you stupid fuck" in my head constantly.
Bf tries to help me by complementing me but i never accept them. He doesnt really know what to do.
Im always nervous and scared. I stutter whenever i try to talk to anyone. I feel like a lumbering idiot.
What can i do?
>>
Get a nice dildo to fuck your ass with every night and learn to get that prostate and you'll be feeling much better
>>
>>17202732
Honestly anon i did get a chukle out of that but that doesnt really help me either
>>
>>17202716
Talk back to that voice in your head. Out loud. Tell it to fuck off, it doesn't own you. Going through your day, try to appreciate as much as you can. That string of green lights, stepping on that crunchy leaf, all the little things can really add up and help you with a more positive outlook :)
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (49KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
49KB, 500x281px
>>17202850
Man that be weird saying "fuck off" on every hour of the day
>>
>>17202716

is there anything about yourself right now that you can tell us that you do like?
>>
File: umm.png (267KB, 581x292px) Image search: [Google]
umm.png
267KB, 581x292px
>>17202967
I guess i like that i can admit i have a problem(?) rather than denying it
I used to like my hair kinda but not so much anymore. I think it makes me look ugly no matter what i do
>>
rationalize that voice away.

Imagine that you are a stranger looking at yourself. Do you feel the need to violently kill/insult/destroy yourself? If the answer is no, which it would most likely be, then you shouldn't hate yourself.

If yes, godspeed OP
>>
>>17203002

yeah, thats a bullshit post

> asked for something they like about themselves

> answers with "I like that I can say I'm a fuck up."

do you not see the feed-back loop you're creating?

if you don't, then you need help of the professional variety, and should leave 4chan.

its not a good place to stay too long if you're not satisfied with your current confidence level, whatever it is.
>>
>>17203014
You think so? Man how do i go about talking to a shrink? I can barely keep a conversation going for more than 5 minutes
>>
>>17202716

How old are you and how old is he? You honestly sound like some edgy teenager. Go to gym, take a walk everyday, and stop feeding those voices, they will only grow stronger. It's not that difficult.
>>
>>17203042
21 almost 22 now. Sorry for sounding edgy thats not how i'm trying to come off honestly
Bf is 19
>>
>>17203039

Like i said, thats if you CAN'T see the failure you just set yourself up for in that little vicious circle i pointed you out on.

a shrink's job is to probe you conversationally, so you basically just build a regular starting rapport with them and they go from there.

if you mean functionally, that depends on what country you live in. if you have social medicine, find out what it takes to get mental health services.

if in murica, see if your insurance from your job has a guide.
>>
>>17203058
Guess i should look into it. Currently dont have insurance but job does provide
But i cant sign up for it untill summer?
Not too sure why that is but summer's not that far off at least
>>
>>17202716
>Choose a little goal
>strive for that goal
>achieve
>enjoy your better self-image
>choose a bigger goal
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.