[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become right-handed? I'm the only lefty in my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (13KB, 610x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 610x360px
How do I become right-handed? I'm the only lefty in my family and it fucking sucks. I want to kill myself.
>>
"Drawing on the right side of the brain"
has a chapter on improving handwriting. Applies those motor control techniques and you'll be all right no problem.
>>
How could that possible be bothering you that much?
>>
It's just a lot of practice, dude, chill out. It seems daunting at first but the muscle memory will come to you if you keep at it. You'll never be quite as strong as you are in your dominant hand but you can train yourself to use your right hand.
>>
Maybe you just have depression and you are covering that up because it is hard to admit that you have depression (I might have maniac depression)
>>
>>17187547
Just keep practicing. You arent going to get good fast. Think about how bad a childs handwriting is when they first start. Your handwriting isnt going to be any better.
>>
>>17187558
I never heard of this book, thanks.

>>17187560
You don't even know, man. My older sisters would bully me for being the only left-handed girl in the family. It sucks, and I get terrible flashbacks everytime I use my left hand. One time one of my older sisters nearly broke my left pointer finger and called me a slutty cunt who will amount to nothing.

I've never told this to anyone before, but these events have seriously worsened my mental state. I'm only 19 and I want to commit suicide.
>>
Stop being a faggot
You are different, that's awesome

Quit being a whining loser
This is serious advice
>>
>>17187575
I'm not a faggot. I have had a total of two boyfriends in my life and am currently single. Being left-handed is not awesome, especially when you were tormented because of it.
>>
As an actual fag I really don't care when people say fag, so you know I don't give a fag
>>
>>17187547
I'm left handed and I like it. 7-10% of people on Earth are. We are uncommon. Embrace it. When I was in school the 'teachers' tried to force me to be a righty, it just made me want to continue being a lefty that much more.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 1000x1510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 1000x1510px
>>17187600
We're abominations, that's what we are. I hate being left-handed. Sometimes I want to grab a knife and just chop it off. It's a useless hand that I absolutely abhor. If only I were right-handed...
>>
>>17187582
It sounds like your sisters were just shitty. If not your left handedness they would have found something else to bully you over. People are like that.
>>
>>17187607
I'm 19 now and they are all 25 (triplets). I was always excluded from them and to this day there is still tension between us. I hate them all.
>>
>>17187547
What.

How much activities do you do with your left hand?

People like to believe that the hand you write with determines your handedness and that's just not correct.

I suppose when we use the term left or right handed we are referring to writing but that's just one aspect of handedness.

For instance, I write with my left hand but in every other aspect of my life, I use my right hand. When I was learning to play the guitar, I did it right-handed. When I learned to swing a bat, I did it right-handed. This all came natural to me. I even masturbate with my right hand.

Most of us do a mix of things and it's actually uncommon to do everything with just one hand.

I do think it's silly though to want to kill yourself just because you are "left handed". I've always thought it was pretty cool but mostly a pain in the ass since I have terrible writing posture (the way my hand grips the pencil and moves along the paper is horrendous). I've developed a callus on my left middle finger because of it.
>>
>>17187615
>>17187615
Next time they give you shit just call them all old hags. At 25 they will be very insecure about this. I know this because I'm a 26 year old woman.

Stop taking shit from them. They can't hurt you if you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>17187687
I'm so upset that they practically ruined my childhood and that I never had (and still don't have) loving siblings. The only way I cope is by sleeping around with other men and cutting myself. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17187692
I understand you. You need to build up your confidence and understand that you are a human being that is worthy of love--especially by yourself. Abuse takes this away from you, but you have the power to take it back. You just have to really want it.

Stop sleeping around, that's going to take away from your self worth and not add to it. Work out, improve your diet, do things that you enjoy, and build a new skill. The former things will stimulate your body, and the latter your mind. Get some therapy if you need further support, even if it's in the form of a forum or trusted friend. Having an outside perspective and someone to talk to can be invaluable. Just, all in all, become your own person, someone you can feel proud of being.

Fuck them, they're bitches. You are basically letting them continue to abuse you by letting them have this much influence over your being. You're only 19 and you have your whole life ahead of you.
>>
>>17187692
Also, what the fuck do your parents say to this shit? If your family is this worthless, just move away. Start a new life.
>>
>>17187708
Thank you so much for the response. What should I do regarding men? I'm so used to sleeping around that I have no sense of self-worth and haven't been in a relationship since I was in high school. What's it like being a 26 year old woman? I'm so afraid of aging!!
>>
>>17187713
My parents adored those triplet cunts. They were murdered a few years ago which hasn't helped my mental state at all.
>>
>>17187547
What era do you live in? The 13th century? No one cares that you're left handed
>>
>>17187737
Did you even bother reading the thread?
>>
>>17187719
Your parents were murdered or your sisters?

>>17187716
I'd stay away from men for right now. Right now you need to focus on you, and jumping into a relationship--even one with a nice guy--might not end well. Basically, the best relationships are when both partners are healthy mentally. This is because when one or both partners are depressed/suicidal/anxious or whatever, the other person cannot relate and feels helpless or resentful of the non-healthy partner.

So, fix yourself up and then when you feel confident enough, try to date. Don't jump right into bed, but don't make him wait too long, either. Wait until you have a bit of trust, intimacy, and kinship with the person before you have sex. It will feel a thousand times better, mentally and physically and spiritually, than a quick lay.

Being 26 is pretty cool. 25 was the worst birthday of my life. I had a good time, but I felt like shit because I felt I was becoming an old lady. But it's not too bad, you just enter a new stage of your life. Like, now I'm gainfully employed and can go fun places, buy things for myself without my mom's help. I have a baby now with the man I've been with for 11 years, which is difficult yet amazing. It's tough to imagine at 19, but it's just a different life. Don't be afraid of getting old, but enjoy the youthful years of few responsibilities, too.

I know you can find it in you to come out of this dark part of your life. You have your whole life ahead of you.
>>
>>17187738
Stop being a fag and man up. again, no one cares that you right with your left hand.

If people make fun of you for it, join in and make fun of it too. Then they will get lest interested in it
>>
>>17187744
My parents were murdered. Sometimes I wish it were my sisters and not them.

The only thing I've got going for me is my looks. Once my attractiveness fades, I'll be nothing more than the average woman. I'm not too smart, either. All of my sisters went to HYP while I had to settle for Brown, and it just hurts. They're slightly prettier and much more successful than me. I think of suicide every day because I got rejected from Princeton, am left-handed, no longer have parents as well as sisters (figuratively, anyway).
>>
>>17187754
Well, it's apparent you didn't look at the replies in this thread. I'm not a fag, and I can't "man up." I'm a 19 year old girl, so calm down. If you read the replies you'd see why I'm so distressed.
>>
>>17187760
>>17187760
Well, your looks can last pretty long if you take care of yourself, honestly.

Are you interested in learning a new skill or trade? I personally love my job grooming dogs, I get to be creative and help animals. It's not a job I would have considered at your age because in high school you're influenced to believe that getting into a good school is the only way to be successful.

Though, intelligence can be learned, too. Teach yourself maths and history and science if you want to become more intelligent. Very few people are just born perfect.. it takes work to become something amazing.
>>
>>17187765
Not really, no. I'm studying computer science, but I'm pretty comfortable with the inheritance I got. I'm worth a couple million now, but why does that matter when I'm just going to kill myself anyway?
>>
>>17187770
You should still do something, whether it's computer science or something else. With inheritance like that, you're even more free to pursue something you enjoy. Doing a job makes you feel fulfilled and gives you a reason to wake up in the morning. It's not just a means to make money.
>>
>>17187792
I'm starting to think I might be a nymphomaniac. Seriously, sex is really all I want. I want men to use me and it's a nice temporary break from the harshness of reality. Am I messed up?

Aside from that, I actually hate computer science. I'm thinking of dropping out of Brown and opening my own business.
>>
>>17187802
I think you want sex because it's the only semi-positive experience you've known and because you think you 'deserve' to be used because your self-esteem is in the shitter. Sex isn't bad, I don't presume to tell you not to have it, but it's much better for your self if you don't just sleep around. Not only is it dangerous in a physical sense (STDs and unwanted pregnancies are not fun) but it feels better to at least have a fuckbuddy.. someone you know is clean and knows your turn ons and turn offs, someone you can trust and act out fantasies with. it's pretty unhealthy to want to feel used.

It's easier than ever to start a business. With the advent of the internet, you don't even need to rent a brick and mortar location depending on what you do, and advertising is a breeze. Think long and hard on what your business model is and make sure you're providing a service/product that people will want.. and be prepared to eat losses for 2 to 5 years. I started my business at 23 and I'm just now starting to see a significant profit. It's just overheads and stuff. Maybe learn about it with business courses instead of computer sciences?
>>
>>17187819
But it's fun being able to pick whatever man you desire and just fuck him. I also have a thing for virgin boys, help them lose their virginities, and then dropping them.

I've been taking antidepressants so I can stop being so depressed all of the time, but it's not really working. I'm just not in the best state of mind to be in an academic environment.

Ultimately, I want an older sibling figure. I feel robbed of childhood and adulthood. It's unfair.
>>
>>17187832
That's fine and all, but it's not lasting fulfillment. If you're looking at ways to improve your sense of worth, that's not going to be it. Not to sound condescending, but you can't even decide if you're empowered or degraded by the experience. Just last post you were going on about how you wanted to be used by guys, and now all the sudden you like being the user, picking a man and throwing him away at whim?

Yeah, I know what you mean. You might need a different kind of antidepressant, there's not one kind that just works for everyone. Or you might need counseling/therapy instead of pills. Mental illness is a crapshoot.

I think that you should try joining a support group for sufferers of depression if you want a mentor sort of figure in your life.
>>
>>17187770
because you are being selfish. You have a life, money, a sense of being, and most importantly a future.
You want to get over your sisters? Stop thinking about them, cut off contact with them. They were shitty to you so say fuck them and continue your life without them. Who gives a shit that you write with your left hand, unless you are learning how to write in calligraphy or kanji it doesnt matter. Want to stop having some episode everytime you write? Get over it, you know they are terrible people so why are you letting them get to you without them even trying, they probably dont think shit about you and yet here you are about to kill yourself because of something they did that wasnt worth a memory to them. Live your life the way you want and be happy the way you want. Stop thinking that they are some standard that you have to live up to, that is some stupid shit that you put in your own head and convinced yourself it was necessary. its fucking not. Whether they are miserable now or not, they will be in the future just like everyone else and you can get off your ass and stop being miserable over jackshit. Fuck everyone else and do you what you want to be happy if you are having this much trouble
>>
Left handed master race reporting in.
>>
Cut off your devil hand and you'll adapt to using the only hand you have, the right one.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.