[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is highscool really the best years of your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: naked-licorice.jpg (14KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
naked-licorice.jpg
14KB, 490x368px
I've heard people say " its the best 4 years of your life, it'll pass in no time. Yeah, the latter is true it's gone soo fast . Still I really do like it. It's not like I am bullied everyday , I go to parties I have friend but I'm awful at academics . I failed the standardized test for algebra and had to retake it. Also I'm taking geometry and algebra two my senior year, when ask if my friends are have taken trig and statistics. On a side not I've had a sort of "mental issue" I decide to ignore and its really bad now but I suppose I could embrace it.
>>
>>17184958
nigger it's 8:50 am you're supposed to be in high school right now

also no, if high school is the best part of your life you're in for a shitty ride
>>
>>17184964
Lol that's what I've been thinking. If this is literally the best part of my life fuck that .
>>
>>17184958
>the best years of your life
College (assuming you're young) are the best years of your life; once you graduate quality rapidly declines as everyone settles into jobs and families, but you remain unemployed and friendless as student loans and anxiety suffocate you until you expire.

Enjoy your life while you have one.
>>
for me, it was my mid 20s to early 30s. I had a blast. I made good money and traveled all over.

I couldn't stand being confined in school and didn't graduate because of attendance even though I had passing grades..
>>
for me, it was my mid 20s to early 30s. I had a blast. I made good money and traveled all over.

I couldn't stand being confined in school and didn't graduate because of attendance even though I had passing grades..
>>
>>17184990
I hope the same for me. I just want to leave here. Start new as in just have friends who don't know about any of my deeper problems. While my current firends aren't hateful about knowing I'd rather just have them not know to begin with.
>>
>>17184979
>you remain unemployed and friendless as student loans and anxiety suffocate you
fuck, are you me?
>>
>>17184979
you're broke as fuck in college and you can't even drink legally for half of it, again, pretty sad if you peak that early
>>
Having lived PAST high school, I can understand why people say high school is the best years of your life.

The older you get, the less likely you are able to get holidays of any meaningful kind. As a full time worker, you are lucky to get 2 weeks off during end of year and maybe 2 weeks vacation + sick leave at some point. Schoolkids get glorious holidays lasting weeks and/or even months at every turn of the season.

Also, as a child, the hours and days certainly pass by slower, making you feel like you really are living the moment. It's faster than what you felt like as a child, but certainly slower than as an adult.

Things are also not as expensive. Your school years are probably the last years you get to enjoy doing things that are essentially for "free" like hanging out at the park or local pond, or get your entertainment subsidized by your parents. Going to the arcade is cheap. Going to the opera isn't.

You also have a lot less responsibilities and obligations, and your body is still growing and energetic. From age 25 onwards, legit, you have to give yourself a curfew cos you need that 7 hrs of sleep before work tomorrow. That awful fall you had on the ice rink actually aches when the weather is bad.

Of course this doesn't mean that for people who get bullied or ostracized for whatever reasons and/or people with horrifying home backgrounds really get anything but a bum deal out of the "best years of your life". But barring those extenuating circumstances, it really is the best years of your life.
>>
>>17185028
dude your life must suck
>>
>>17184986
>didn't graduate because of attendance even though I had passing grades..
What the fuck? If you can pass without attending class then the problem is the way they teach. And this is coming from someone who never cut class in hs.
>>
>>17184958
People who had fun in high-school and go on to do nothing has their best years in high-school. People who had fun in college and get sucked into the work have a family and support them has their best years in college.

For guys the fun part of life tapers off once you hit 60-70 when health issues and age slow you down. Until then keep active and have a work life balance and you can have fun.

>>17185028
There are always free and cheap things to do as adults. Friend and I caught a baseball game for $11 a seat last week.
>>
Let's see, you can't legally drink, you can't drive for the first half of it -- unless you're pretty well-off once you can you probably still won't have a car. Most of your peers are still a little insecure and nasty, you maybe haven't figured out sex yet and even if you're getting sex none of you ain't that good at it yet. Similarly any real relationship you get into is likely to be filled with drama because most girls (and a lot of guys, in fairness) don't quite figure out how to behave appropriately in a relationship until at least their early 20s. You have very little freedom in what you study, you maybe still have a curfew, and any job you're lucky enough to get is likely to be a service industry or manual labor one, i.e. tiring but intellectually unchallenging drudge-work with no prospects for advancement. You can't really travel much unless it's with your family's money and approval either.

If those are the best years of your life, I'm honestly sorry. I occasionally miss the lack of responsibilities, but that's about it.
>>
>>17185108
Well one advantage is I can day girls who are 12...
>>
>>17185050
Yes, it sucks to have responsibilities and to have to face up to consequences.
>>17185103
Yes, but Turandot will never be $11 a seat. Even if your tastes personally have not changed as an adult, your friends would have. I was ok with drinking mixers and spiked punches at 19. I spend 5 min picking over the wine list (but shiraz gives me headaches and who the fuck drinks chardonnay!) now that I am 29.
>>
>>17184958
They are the best years because you can't really qualify as an adult -- so you have no real responsibilities and preoccupations -- but you're mature enough to have good sex and be your own person.

Everything felt fresh from 17 to 20 years old. Best years of my life without a doubt. I was high on life, full of expectations about my future and shit. And the girls were crazy and hot as fuck (girls in college get fucked too often and their bodies are all fat from all the beer and late nights out).

Right now, I'm finishing my last year of Law School and I feel miserable for some reason. I have to be attentive about everything (deadlines and responsibility bullshit). It sucks massive cock.
>>
>>17185129
dude no wonder you're miserable pining for your youth, you're 29 years old yet you live the lifestyle of a 60 something

get your head out of your ass or you're going to blow what actually are the best years of your life

i'm 4 years younger than you, but you couldn't pay me to listen to listen to opera and sip overpriced wine, stop trying to impress your oh so sophisticated friends because i'll be they're just as miserable as you putting on this show of classiness
>>
>>17185134
>finishing law school
>feel miserable for some reason

golly gee I wonder why, can't be some sort of connection there.... nope keep doing what makes you miserable I guess
>>
fuck no
uni is
>>
If you live a mediocre life yes, it really is. 9 to 5 job and kids to take care of take your life away.

But if you actually follow your passion and make it your daily job then hell no
>>
>>17185142
I am not miserable or pining for my youth or anything of the sort. I am simply stating that your tastes and preferences change as you grow older. I may be nostalgic about the days I rolled around in the park and made my face purple with the mulberry tree as a kid, but if someone were to say to me today "hey let's go out to the park and pick mulberries" I would not enjoy it because I have responsibilties (e.g. work, the laundry) and changed tastes (I'd rather read or catch up on that tv show I recorded) that I would rather do, and therefore would hamper my enjoyment of picking mulberries at the park.
>you couldn't pay me to listen to opera
Nobody will.
>and sip overpriced wine
Likewise.
>putting on this show of classiness
You know, at some point, you are going to eventually have this conversation with your friends where it's raining sleet and your leg that you broke 5 years ago is acting up, and your friend can't really eat the hotdogs cos they give him liquid shits and you cannot stand the thought of any more Bud Light in a plastic container with a straw, and all of these inconveniences take the joy out of a dicounted ticket.
>>
>>17185186
>you couldn't pay me to listen to opera
Nobody will.

that's an expression mr. literal glad you picked up on that. my point is that you're a 29 year old listening to opera music like that's a totally normal thing to do at 29. my parents are in their 60's and they hate when my grandparents drag them to orchestra hall to listen to classical music. the reason you say your best years are behind you is because you live life like you're already sucking on an oxygen tank. and don't give me that whole I can't go to the park because I have work and laundry to do. nigga we all have an 8 hour job, and laundry takes 30 mins, frankly i'd rather pick mulberries than listen to Turandot for $300 bucks a seat

like I said your life must suck so change it
>>
>Is high school really the best years of your life?
Only if your life peaked in high school.
>>
>>17184958
I'm 33 and feel like gets better as a person ages as long as you take care of yourself
>>
I'm almost 23 and so far being an adult is the best years of my life. I straight up have nightmares about having to go back to high school.
>>
>>17185206
Nobody will, because nobody wants you around to ruin their enjoyment of Turandot and nattering about how you'd rather pick mulberries than go to your job.

Again, your tastes will change, and others will as they grow older.
>>
>>17184958
Been watching a couple of those teen flicks, like Superbad and Sex Drive, lately (girlfriend is visiting her family, while I'm on no-fap and procrastinating like a motherfucker). Now I'm rather depressed knowing that I probably won't ever get this kind of effortless buoyancy again in my life.
My friends and I still meet for D&D, sports and so forth, but the parties aren't the same. There's no magic left, I don't get the butterflies anymore. Either everyone is already paired up or the girls are just looking to get laid, there's no tension, no desire.
I don't know. Maybe I should buy a nice little house and tell the kids to get off my fucking lawn.
>>
Highschool has very little responsibility.
Everything you're forced to do is easy as fuck and there's practically no stress.
You're all grown up enough to enjoy stuff like sex drugs and alcohol (in moderation) if you like.
You can often find people you relate to quite well if you look for them because you're up at that age where people stop not wanting you in clubs and such because it'd limit their activity options greatly
You're at the end of puberty. All those hormones came slowly and it's probably not like you realize it but they're great.
Parents generally get more lax compared to secondary school.

There's tons of reasons.

This wasn't the case for me. I fell into depression at 13 and I've been like that for 10 years now. I realize how much time was wasted in that school in retrospect. How I should just have stopped pretending and dealt with my issues regardless of what social suicide that would have been (and turned out to be).

College is filled with cunts who do nothing and can't think worth shit. I'm taking CS at the top school for maths/CS in Sweden (Chalmers). It's pretty frustrating and it's very isolating. Girls throw themselves at you because they're whores and you can't muster an inch of respect for them or what they strive for so you just use them like sextoys.

It's all a very concerning situation because I want to find someone I like and I'm in one of the best places in the world to do that really.

So why can't I? Also being depressed doesn't really help. It doesn't harm my social interaction now that I 'dealt' with it I guess but it's not like I'm enjoying life right now.

If you're happy treasure it. If you're not find the reasons and solve them. Don't expect things to just go away. Also try your best to settle for anything really. High standards only bring you misery.
>>
>>17185186
Dude, don't you know any 30-year-olds who go to baseball games? I know plenty of 60-year-olds who still enjoy that.

It's fine if your interests are opera and fine wine, those are worthwhile and cultured interests and I'm not going to make fun of you for them, but there's a million fun things to do that are less expensive than going to the fucking opera, and you know that. Just the way you have to know that there's a million drinks to enjoy that are classier than drinking mixers and spiked punches in somebody's basement, but that don't cost quite as much or take as much time as most of the shit on the wine list at a nice restaurant.

We're essentially peers and the picture you paint of adulthood is not one I recognize. Life gets more fun, not less. You have more freedom, discover more cool shit you like to do, and the people you hang out with are actually grounded and mature. Until you have kids, of course, and you just want to sleep more, but that's a whole other issue.
>>
I've been doing online school since 8th grade and it's fantastic. Little to no stress, can choose when I want to work, get to socialize with who I want when I want, don't have to get up early af, complete freedom (taking a two-week long roadtrip, if I were in school I'd NEVER get that time off). It really amplifies the freedom you think you have while in highschool, so these may be the best years of my life.

If I were in public school, maybe not.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.