[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does life get better after high school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1421139994496.jpg (8KB, 255x251px) Image search: [Google]
1421139994496.jpg
8KB, 255x251px
Does life get better after high school?
>>
>>17183849
I cant imagine it getting better. These are the best times of our lives
>>
>>17183855
/thread

Basically; it gets more interesting, in that it becomes more complicated, stressful, and ultimately you'll get more shit thrown at you. It depends what you mean by "better."
>>
You'll get better at coping more than likely, but better is iffy
>>
it just gets better and better until you one day spontaneously orgasm.
>>
100% it does.
>>
>>17183872
Not killing myself yet for hope this is true
>>
>>17183849
Better is too vague. What do you mean by "better?" What do you hope will get better?
>>
>>17183849
Hell yeah. :) High school was brutal. I had so many bad memories with bad teachers, bullies, crap "friends" who put me down, and to tie that up parents who would beat me. I cut em all out of my life and built a better relationship with my mom and dad. That was after they realized that I would fight back.

I went to community college, and figured my shit out. Transferred to a university.

Even though I'm failing now I can definitely say that it's better than how I was treated in high school.

There will always be bad shit coming left and right. You just have to learn how to deal with the punches of life.

I'm lonely and alone because I can't trust people. I feel like they will treat me as people did in high school, but I am dealing with it.

If I'm still here, then you can be too. We're still young.
>>
>>17183849
my life was shit in high school and it's gotten progressively worse since, I'm an alcoholic NEET virgin now
>>
>>17183872
High-school blew for me, only had a couple "buddies"

Honestly, once you're out of high-school, hit community college, work out, get a job, and then once you get your AA, transfer to a university and you'll be a changed person.

Try to get a job where you work with other people. I worked at Staples for a year and then had an office job for a little bit, it's annoying working with general retail customers, but you come out a better person for it. Learn people skills, to sell, and really once you learn to sell, life is pretty easy. Getting along with people is half the battle.

So,
go to college, get a job, work out/get a physical hobby

transfer to a uni

make friends/connections/live your life however you want to, we're all gonna die anyway
>>
>>17183849
Better for me. After being severely depressed in high school with no friends, I found people like me in college (social retards) and became friends with them. Got first gf sophomore year of college. First kiss/hug/sex, whatever. Have 4 close friends now and at least 10 who would have my back for anything.

I hate spending 8 hours of my day at a shitty fucking job, but who doesn't.
>>
>>17183920
This right here. This is what you want. I wish kids stopped falling for the "get into an expensive 4 year university straight out of high school" meme.
>>
>>17183849
Being a teenager in high school sucks. It's just the way it is. However, it is the BEST area in your life change your whole life around.

Learn social interaction with your peers
Join clubs
Excersize more or probably join a team
STUDY. HARD.
Try to get a job too.

If you're having trouble with other teens, just remember that 90% of them are just as insecure and miserable as you are. You gotta act confident and stop being sad. If someone bullies you, FIGHT BACK. if they insult you, insult back and avoid them. Male them KNOW you don't take shit from people. If they hit you, hit back. Dead serious. Don't worry about getting in trouble. If you'll get a slap on the wrist or a day suspension at worst. If you're out of high school you only fight to protect your life.

Just find happiness within yourself. Have some goals . Be at peace in the present , and look forward to a better future.

2 extra things, if you have trouble with school work, fucking ask for help. Don't be shy. A nice study group is great. Ask the teacher too.

If you hear about a party, go. Unless you need to focus on your studies, have fun. Drink a lil beer or weed. Take care.
>>
If you go to 4 year uni or even community college then it's usually not too bad.

If you don't then you are pretty fucked
>>
>>17183849
No.
>>
Meh, depends really. If you do some retardedly hard major or double major in some stupid hard shit for no reason like I did then you'll have an awful time in college. If you're reasonable and sane and major in something you enjoy college will be a blast. But yeah based on how chill your college experience, the real world will vary.
>>
>>17183849
No. Nothing really changes. Small town government is no different than high school. the only difference is the size of the budget and the ego.

Work is the same. People who work hard and more or less obey the rules get ahead. Those who don't complain about favoritism.
>>
>>17183920
These are wise words anon, appreciate your advice
>>
>>17183849
Highschool can be pretty damn rough.

I consider being a homeless meth addict for 6 months more enjoyable than my highschool experience. Prison was more enjoyable than highschool.

If highschool has been the worst part of your life then there is plenty of space to move up.
>>
yes and no
my highschool experience sucked, not just because of school but because of surrounding circumstances
things got better for me as i became independent
nothing is ever perfect, and almost all good things are worth effort. find something you enjoy and enjoy it, and dont think about the fact that life is a meaningless void
>>
>>17183849

Depends. If you work at it, it does get significantly better. Get into uni and surround yourself with like-minded people and those who have the drive to make it. Cash, self-worth and a sense of purpose follow.
>>
>>17183849
You get the chance to make it better, yes.
>>
>>17183849
Yes. In HS, you're get stuck with the people you interact with. In the real world, you get to choose which circles you want to be in.
>>
It depends, if you think about it, the results you're looking for depend on a lot of circumstances, what you want, that you have available to get what you want.

You must make it better you can't just say " does it get better? "

As if you were not in total control, (unless you're really not) of your decision making on a daily basis.

And i reiterate again you must " make it better" it just doesn't happen.
>>
>>17183849
For absolutely everyone except those who are stars (athletes, social successes, etc) in high school. For them life will never again be as good, and a surprisingly large number of them will become bitter and disappointed multiple-divorce alcoholics.
>>
>>17183920
>Try to get a job where you work with other people. I worked at Staples for a year and then had an office job for a little bit, it's annoying working with general retail customers, but you come out a better person for it. Learn people skills, to sell, and really once you learn to sell, life is pretty easy. Getting along with people is half the battle.
YMMV, I work with people and in essentially a customer service position, but when I clock out, I'm still the same. It's all a fucking act I put on to get a paycheck…an exhausting act.

It won't necessarily get a whole lot better, but you will come across opportunities that can make it a whole lot better.

Here is some wisdom: This is the last summer vacation you will probably ever have. Every summer from here on, you need to be building your portfolio and professional network, so you can get a good paying job with advancement opportunities soon after you graduate and live your life. That means internships, jobs, and whatever else is related to your career ambitions. If you take out loans, this is *vital* to being able to pay them off in a reasonable amount of time, instead of a decade or more. Loans are a *last resort*. Exhaust all other options before signing for a loan. It's basically a mortgage on your life. I only took out loans for my last year. It's 9 years later, and I'm *still* paying them off. Because of this, I live at home, and home is a toxic environment. The area I live in is also a social desert.

Balance school with socializing. You won't learn about yourself in the classroom. Join clubs and join a greek organization. It doesn't have to be a typical fraternity. There are community service fraternities too. These will help you meet people, make friends, and make connections.
>>
>>17183849

if you make it better.
>>
it does get a lot better, but you don't really have same people hounding you like in HS which is both good and bad

on the good side you don't get treated like a fucking child all the time but on the bad side if you're not acting responsible no one is going to help you. Like in college if you don't do your assignments or even if you don't go to class your professor will just fail you without a second thought and no one will lose sleep over it.
>>
Make sure to join enough groups, anon. Nothing more depressing than students with seriously no life whatsoever. There is enough opportunities, also if you're fat/ugly.
>>
During your last semester, you will start taking your car or one of your brothers car to the mountain road to enjoy some corners.

illuminatis will be hiding behind the rocks to drop them on you. Later they will place a metallic pole that looks like an F with extra -, then you will dodge it and go home.

Later you will get your driving licence, get a phone call from Ministry of Education office down nearby city asking you to come to receive an award. Eventho you finished highschool 4 months earlier. You will drive to nearby town and get surprised by illuminatis building a road with no exit just keep going straight with 0 traction. All what you can do is keep steering, a tight corner at high speed and large 5 foot speed hump with truck on the second lane with a load of rods pointed towards the direction of your car flying shall be your death.

You drift, avoid the death. Next you will be forced to travel to Australia to study in illuminati choice of university. You get bullied, by every lecturer specially PJR or RMIT University because you refused to joint he illuminatis.

They will force you to fail. Every subject is there. No more passing. You will keep failing.

Then they will enter your home. Scan your PC. install spy ware. Spy on you. Make a woman copy your mama voice and call you through your home phone number ID. Later they will try to kill you by setting up fake road trip that is only made to kill you in avalanche (RMIT Foundation studies).

Finally, they will enter your home. Rape you. Abduct you to T-Rex garage in Heidelberg. Then they will bring people to spit on you, cum on your face, rape you & bully you. Then they will put a Kangaroo for you to T-bone. Finally, they will try to kill you by placing poison in your food. Leaving the gas on. Placing mold filled food all over your home. Place dead possum in your attic. Use your tooth brush to clean the toilet. Use Victoria Police to bully you. Use Border and Customs officers to bully you.

Got it?
>>
>>17183849
No
>>
>>17183849
Mostly depends how high school went for you
>>
>>17185940
You sound like a schizo, the fuck are you on about m80?
>>
>>17183849
>Does life get better after high school?
Only if you make it.

I do not intend this as a judgment of your high-school years. For all that we tout them for their relative freedom compared to what came before, high school is constrained in a lot of ways, not all of which are entirely intuitive. Your ability to make those years good ones is, as I'm sure you've noticed, hampered by the restrictions still placed on you: restrictions which are in place for very good reasons, but which do mean that there is only so much you can do to improve your situation.

But just as many constraints fell away when you entered high school, many more will fall away when you leave. What happens next is, in very large part, up to you. You can make it better. You can make it awesome. You can also... not.
>>
>>17186220
Bad
>>
>>17183849
>Does life get better after high school?
What do you want, a fucking crystal ball?
Nobody can tell you anything about the future for sure, and nobody can predict anything with ANY likelihood without tons of information.
>>
>>17186278
I think thats the general consensus of the thread...
>>
>>17185491
>>17183920
>>17183872
So how did you pay off your community college, then?
I'm >>>/17185542/
Considering doing CC since I won't be forced to stay on campus (which is infinitely more expensive than living off...)
>>
>>17186404
I didn't, I went straight to a 4 year school, then promptly transferred to another a year later, because culture-wise, that school was a community college. They has a good program for my major though, but I needed opportunities to socialize. That want going to happen there.

My grandmother helped my parents pay for my education, except my last year…which I'm still paying off, because I was under and precariously employed for 3 years after I graduated, then unemployed another 3½ years after my last job. My lands ballooned from approx. $17.5K to nearly $30K before I found my first full-time job after college…which was only found out about from a friend of mine.

God forbid you have to take out a loan, start paying it down *immediately*, if you have the means to. It will make a difference in the amount of interest you accrue.
>>
>>17183849
it only gets better if you change your way of living and actually make an effort. otherwise, no, life isn't some magical thing that gets better with age for no reason and no effort put in.

you have to make reasons for your happiness.
>>
Depends on attitude like always. It might get better. It usually doesn't I think. Once you have a loser mentality beaten into you It's hard to reverse. Though not impossible I guess.
Aaa what do I know. Better not to think too much.
>>
>>17183849
Normalfags like to say that it was the best times of their lives, and never let it down.
>Dude remember at the sports ball tourney when we fought against the rival team and I scored that point, I was like the most important player that day!!
But in reality high school is just another fucking shitty phase in life. But to answer your question, it really depends on who you are. From my experience, some things get better while others get shittier.
>>
>>17183849
Say hello to your quarterlife crisis.
>>
>>17183849
No. You're status in high school is indictive of your statues throughout life. The smart kids go on to be successful. The popular kids go on to continue being loved. And the weird loser kids go on to blow their brains out
>>
>>17186707
this is somewhat true lol. im from england. i left school at 16, im 22 now. me and my friends where part of the weird loser group, and its definitely had an impact on our lives. in highschool we never really spoke to girls and we where really quiet so most of my group is somewhat awkward around people. most my friends group are kiss-less virgins and spend 95% of their time playing video games. i have tried changing my self, and become "alpha" but alot of insecurities still pertain. i didnt even kiss a girl until i was 18, and didnt have sex until i was 20, and it was worst sex in existence because i didnt know what i was doing, the girl knew i was a virgin but she still expected me to take control. im pretty confident in social situation but im clueless with relationships.
>>
It gets waaaaay better.
>>
>>17183849
LOL no have fun killing yourself in a few years
>>
File: leon.jpg (27KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
leon.jpg
27KB, 500x467px
>>17183849
>>
It gets better, but also a lot harder.
Have some value for not having adult responsibilities.
>>
>>17186755
>it was worst sex in existence because i didnt know what i was doing.
Basically everyone's first time, dont beat yourself up about it anon
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.