[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it to get into voice acting as a career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: voiceacting.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
voiceacting.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
How difficult is it to get into voice acting as a career?
>>
Voice actors are just actors you know
>>
>>17183668
So Pretty easy then?
>>
File: WE8Qmpz.gif (1MB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
WE8Qmpz.gif
1MB, 160x160px
>>17183663
Pretty easy, as long as you're a massive faggot/pretty girl
>>
I'm not sure how hard it is to actually break into the industry but I rub shoulders with a lot of voice actors and here is my advice for becoming one.

- Along with practicing acting, practice different voices and vocal qualities. The more versatile your voice is, the more hireable you are. Learn how to do convincing accents and to sound both young and old.

- Do work, and have a place to show people your work. Have a youtube account. Do impressions, do comedy sketches, do fandubs and readings and theater skits.

- If you're serious about pursuing this, get a good setup. Nothing will kill your auditions like unprofessional audio quality. Get a good mic and find a good place to record free of background noise. As an addendum, learn how to edit and master your own voice, and be conscious of levels, clipping, and your mic technique (avoiding lip smacking, dry mouth sounds, air pops from Ps and Bs, etc.)

and lastly

- Network. Talent is absolutely important but if nobody know about you, you're not going to get hired. Make contact with people in the voice acting industry, and people who are in industries that use voice actors. Have a social presence and behave in a warm, personable, and professional manner. Be pleasant to talk to and to work with. The more connections you have, the more likely you are to have an in.
>>
>>17184001
Looks don't matter in voice acting, because you can't see sound you nit. Don't pull that 'Chad' bullshit
>>
>>17183663
Very. 90% of voice actors are established actors making a little easy money on the side. There are virtually no openings for beginners.
>>
>>17184135
No, but it never hurts to be able to suck a good dick when job hunting
>>
Actual voice actor here. Been doing this off and on for the better part of seven years. Unless you have a background in theater, you were going to spend a lot of time busting your ass just trying to make a name for yourself. Having the ability to act is very important. Having the intelligence to understand how to turn a word six ways from Sunday so it sounds and means something different is another.

I started off doing a lot of fan base projects on the internet. The people who made these projects, as time went on, develop their skills as 3D editors and sound designers and went on to work for video game companies. A lot of my work that was solid work came from these contacts. The rest of the work was from just volumetrically putting myself out there and doing it as many auditions as I could on a weekly basis.

Voice acting from the ground up is a lot of work. Expect to bust your ass for at least three to five years before you are good enough to regularly get employment based solely on your reputation. You're going to have to work three times as hard as the next person out there with a microphone and the ability to pretend they are SpongeBob SquarePants so that you get hired
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.