[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and just fineshed highschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1460944545411.jpg (191KB, 992x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1460944545411.jpg
191KB, 992x1240px
What should I do now?
>>
>>17171844
Keep applying for credit card untill you get one.

Use credit card as a bank card and make sure you pay it off ON time EVERY TIME.

Get cell phone plan, make sure you pay it on time EVERY TIME

I feel like it goes without saying, but make sure you have a job.
>>
>>17171844
listen to or read "Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young."
>>
>>17171859
forgot to add: Start tax free savings, try and put the same amount away from every pay if possible.

Never leave a job without having another one lined up.

Start working out and working on confidence (even if you had confidence in highschool it's totally different when you're out)

Work AND go to school, don't choose one or the other (unless of course, you're in a trade and moving up, or taking something very time intensive like sciences)
>>
>>17171844
most people would suggest going to college right away however I recommend waiting a few years while you get yourself situated and get some life experience. Check out some positions in military branches like the Navy or Air Force and see if there's anything that interests you. When you finish your contract with them they'll pay for your college. You'll also get paid quite decently while enlisted and it is very unlikely you'll see combat in those two branches unless you go looking for it.
>>
Don't fall for the go to college meme
>>
Go to the army. Seriously. Dont fall for the $100k college meme. And no its not a >dying for oil. Yes, soldiers die. But you know how many are stationed in random as fuck countries, literally just helping out on random jobs.

Also, get fit. And save money. And get the GI bill. And get a clearer idea of what you want to do in life.
>>
If you must go to college (I understand how parents can be, and the military can be a little daunting even if you're not going to quickscope ISIS) get an associates at a community college, do really well and try to get a hefty scholarship when you transfer to a uni.

Basically, do high school again but this time take it seriously.
>>
>>17171906
>leaving literally your life up to chance and giving away 6 years

yeah uh huh that's MUCH better than student loans which you can pay off in like 5-10 years with a non-shit job
>>
Try the Navy dude. If you get out on a shit obvious you got to protect in allot of places. Not many are remotely warzone at all, the carrier's have broadband internet etc. When you are eintersted port once you done working you can go roam around free ( in most cases ) until the Marines rape a woman from said country you are in and ruin it for everyone .
>>
>>17171844
Ask a Filipino bulletin board filled with whores, white nights, trannies and suicidal fags what to do
>>
Pretty strange advice so far.

My advice:

You're young, follow your dreams. Travel the world, start a band, take advantage of your youth. If you fuck up, you have the rest of your life to fix your mistakes. You don't have that opportunity in your later years.

Now is the time to experiment with what you can do as a human being. Enjoy.
>>
>>17171951
People who act like that find themselves posting on a Japanese cartoon board advice section in their 40's, with no assets, credit rating or prospects.

Fullfill your dreams, but choose rational dreams. Like having a job that you don't hate, but brings in solid income.
>>
Don't take life too seriously. Experiment, work a bit, school a bit, travel a bit, don't be afraid to make mistakes. When I was 18 I got so stressed out from worrying about my future I had a full blown psychological meltdown, coupled with an existential crisis and thanatophobia that took medications and counseling to reverse. Society puts way, WAY too much pressure on kids out of the gate. Take everyone's advice in this thread, or don't.

It's okay.

You're fucking 18.
>>
>>17171884
He's right.
It's a waste of time unless you're sure that degree can save your ass from debt (which it won't, let's be honest).

This is why learning a trade or even volunteering is ESSENTIAL when it comes to a good paycheck. College is just for networking purposes for the most part. I know it seems otherwise, but that's literally it.
>>
>>17171931
life is up to chance every single day we wake up. You aren't giving away 6 years, you're paid for all of them and you also have better benefits than any other job in the country will give you.
>>
>fineshed

Go back.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.